“Excellent Lakeside Restaurant in Pokhara, Nepal”
Review of Byanjan Restaurant

Byanjan Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 359 Restaurants in Pokhara
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Byanjan we are very pleased to bring you an authentic multi cuisine foods that are prepared fresh daily in fact, the word Byanjan means varieties of food in Sanskrit language. Elite group of staff deliver a flawless dining experience, consistency providing exceptional food, superlative service, elegant decor and in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, like no place else in lakeside.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

As part of a group visiting Pokhara, three of us went to this restaurant run by Mr Phanindra one night and was so impressed with the service and food that we went again the second night! As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by the staff and asked where we would like to eat in the restaurant. On the first night we opted for the lakeside area outside and felt very comfortable on the sofas. The food was delicious. On the second night we sat upstairs overlooking the street and again the food and service by the staff was very good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Pokhara in Nepal in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

I first visited this restaurant in 2014, and recently returned to Pokhara with my partner (2018) and Byanjan is still proving why it's my favourite! Everyone from the owner, manager and other staff makes sure your dining experience is perfect from start to finish. Delicious food, a wide selection of cocktails, great ambiance, good vibes! I highly recommend (especially on a Friday/ Saturday) if you're visiting Pokhara!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I don't get the hype with Byanjan: terrible food, mediocre service and terrible music/ambiance.

Went there this week and was reminded once more about why I avoid this place like the plague.

Ordered a Sukuti Sandekho, which was a disgusting crossover between a boiled meat and a desperate attempt at a choila. Absolute dogmeat!

The chicken Momo was so oily, America nearly invaded it. And found several pieces of Bones and cartilage in the meat as well--a tell tale about the quality of meat used in the their food.

And if that wasn't bad enough, they heniously were blaring Sugam Pokhrel tunes for the entire hour that we suffered through the place. It was all truelt akin to a slow form of torture that you paid for!

If you're thinking of going to Byanjan, don't. Pokhara has so many better places to spend your money.

Eric S, Manager at Byanjan Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Sanjit Sir.
As the manager of Byanjan restaurant, I am deeply upset to hear of the poor experience you’ve had at our restaurant.

I really get what a frustrating experience this was for you. You were not well taken care of, by any stretch of the imagination. If I had received the service you have described, I’d be very upset as well. Normally, we play jazz and soft song at byanjan, but the new staff played his collection from his phone unknowingly about our business music policy. I have also informed and alert my chef about the subpar momo that they served you.

Obviously we are not doing a good enough job training our servers as your review indicates service that is no where near what we consider to be our standards.

I read your review out to all of our staff and we went through everything that I find unacceptable so that the service you experience never happens again.

We would love to have you come back and give us another chance to show our true colors.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a thorough review, I welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business.
- byanjan mgmt.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went just at sunset for dinner here and it was beautiful sitting outside watching the sun set on the lake. The atmosphere was adjust lovely, with indoor and outdoor seating. They had good music playing as well. The menu was diverse. You can have anything from a steak to pizza. I had the steak and it was delicious. They also had food drink options. It seemed hard to find wine at many of the restaurants in Pokhara, but this place had wine as an option.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

What a gorgeous restaurant and bar! From the mosaic red tiles out front to the welcoming cries of namaste and smiles from all the staff, Byanjan is a place you want to be in. Cocktails are perfectly executed, food delicious and staff provide the perfect balance of attentiveness and privacy. Lake view one end, streetscape the other, Byanjan caters for families, couples and large groups with ease. Highly recommended!