Puskar Guest House
Priceline
US$74
US$52
Travelocity
All reviewsguest house is locatedother gueststotally recommend this placehot waterhome away from homeamritbedsparaglidingbalconyticketsrooftopwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Pushkar guest house before and after a hike - the first time for 4 days and the second time for over a week. Amrit and his family are wonderful and can answer any question you might have. You can’t beat the location as it’s tucked away on a quiet lane in the middle of town. Other guests are friendly and social, but not quite as “party party” as other reviews have said - it’s very relaxed compared to some other hostels I’ve stayed at. The beds and bathrooms are pretty standard but for $4-5 a night, it’s a great deal. I got to paint on the rooftop and meet some awesome people. Wifi is sketchy and laundry takes a while to get done. Overall a great stay. Cheers!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I stayed at pushkar guest house for 3 days. Atmosphere around is wonderful,met many backpackers. Staff are also very friendly and helpful to travelers in every possible way. Located 10 mins walk from the lakeside.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The price of the beds is fine according to other places in Pokhara.
You have to know that it's a young place, so don't expect quiet ambience.
Something they need to improve is how to treat customers. The father is a really nice person but her daughter is really rude and does not understand that providing a good experience is better in the long run than trying to get every penny on you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Rooms were so filthy been there with my frens after reading the reviews very disappointed . Guys I would not recommend this guest house there are lot more better hotel and guest house at the same price

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Evamrit, Owner at Puskar Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear customer,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. According to your review the room was not on as you always been used to. we apologize for that but dear customer we always try to give high level of services at a minimum rate, the room actually the bed you stayed in a dorm was $4. we have asked you if you wanted to stay at other dorms with great view with & a private balconies but according to your budget you chose to stay at the cheapest dorm.
secondly,We highly note the incident and will surely try our best to control such incidents,this won't happen again in future.
lastly, thank you for staying with us we look forward to serve you and your friends.
kind regards
owner.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived at Pushkar guest house and paid for my stay which was 500 rupees and left my bag next to my bed as well as my coats and other bits on top of my bed. As I only planned to stay one night I had squeezed in seeing most of pokhara in one day and returned to the hostel at 2am after ending the night with drinks by the lakeside. To my dismay, they had given MY bed away to another person because 'they didn't think I was coming back', despite the fact I had left my backpack and stuff on my bed and already paid. When I got to my room there was another person sleeping on my bed and was told multiple times to keep my voice down. I was horrified and could not possibly understand how they could give a bed away after you had paid for it! I asked for a refund and was taken to another hostel as compensation but still cannot justify such a an experience - especially since they had my contact details and could have made the effort to contact me to enquire firstly. Do not recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear customer,

firstly we would like to thank you for giving us your time to write a feedback. As per you said you paid for your room and wanted to stay only a night with us, then we cleared you the conditions of being very busy since it is a peak season & you said any bed in the hostel will be fine for you.
secondly, we waited for you to come back to the hostel till midnight & tried our best to contact you but you seem to be offline, and you seem to be there at 3 am in the morning totally drunk and loud, so we asked you to be less loud since everyone were sleeping at the hostel. And we took your bag from the dorm, returned your money and organized you to stay in next hotel for free along with transportation but in the morning when we checked there we got to know that you were sound and took a night bus to kathmandu.
lastly we are a social hostel we try to create a social environment in the hostel, along with safety and try to the hardest level to serve our customers.
Kind regards