My friend & I stayed 23 - 26 Dec last year.
- some staff showed lack of English;
- not really convenient login limitation - should register the day they are given to you, you cannot do this next day - have to ask for another credentials;
- not very central location;
- tours they suggest/offer cannot be billed directly to your room (unless you want to pay 5% of service charge) - not really convenient;
- soundproof room (for me - the silence in the morning is quite an issue);
- friendly and always ready to help staff;
- in spite of the size of the Hotel - good (wide) choice for breakfast;
- affordable hotel car service (even more - our flight was delayed for 6 hours, so we had to catch another flight to TPE - but nevertheless the driver was there, waiting for us!!);
- free wifi in the room;
- tea along with some cookies are nice touch in the evening (for free);
- clean rooms; great varieties of high-quality bath amenities (they even thought to give you toothbrushes with different colors, so that next day you wont be thinking which is yours and which is your friend! - though slippers you cant differenciate after the room cleaning);
- autoclosing of WC is great feature (as well as the temperature :)), but at times very annoying - as each time you pass by - it opens up the very same way - automatically! :)
- ventilation there is bloody good!!
I cant recall whether there are a room service and dinner facilities, but this time we didnt need them as around there are many places to explore.
So, I definitely suggest to stay in this place!! You wont be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About San Want Residences TaipeiSan Want Residences Taipei formally opened its doors for business in March 2008 and aims to exceed guest satisfaction and achieve the attentiveness found in leading luxury hotels. San Want Residences Taipei is a sophisticated bolt-hole in the centre of Taipei, a tranquil alternative to staying in a bustling city hotel. Located in Taipei Nanjing East Road, and adjacent to the LinSen Park, the hotel is surrounded with international designers’ boutiques and offers easy accessibility to MRT station. San Want Residences Taipei is the latest boutique property carefully selected to join Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). The hotel has an impressive collection of artworks and sculptures by contemporary Taiwanese artists, adding a special element to your experience. In addition to the museum boutique concept, the hotel also offers office use facilities especially for our business travelers. Equipped with selected office stationeries, the spacious office desk features multifunction HP laser jet machine to fax, print and copy. With an access to project laptop screens to the 37” High-Definition LCD television, each guestroom offers wireless and high-speed fiber optic Internet Access and free cell phone rental to fully support your business requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your San Want Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Want Residences Taipei