“Still one of the best for its price”
Review of Hotel 73

Hotel 73
Ranked #15 of 586 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Very interesting to know whether the hotel kept it standard after a few years since my last visit.

Glad to report that hotel is being kept in great shape, service is also still top level, staff are friendly and always carry out their jobs with a smile on their face.

For the price, location and service still one of the best for Taipei

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings and thank you for sharing your experiences at Hotel 73 with all TripAdvisor enthusiasts. We strive to provide excellent and caring service to all our guests and I am glad to read we have exceeded your expectations.

Hotel 73 Taipei

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Overall, I would give this hotel a 7/10 rating.

Location: Very accessible. It's a short walk from Dongmen Station, very near the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. There is a 7/11 nearby and a lot of restaurants to choose from around the area. We were also able to just walk from the hotel to Shida Night Market.

Room: We booked Standard Room (no view). The room was clean, the bathroom was spacious with hot and cold water, there was no bidet in the bathroom, complete toiletries were available, free water and snacks everyday, there is fridge in the room. The room is just small enough to fit two people. I don't think huge luggage will fit here though. My only concern is that I had a little bit of discomfort with the bed. Breakfast was included. There was not a lot of options but food was okay.

Service: The guest officers were very friendly. They speak English so communication was not a problem. They also respond to emails promptly.

***You can grab an umbrella on your way out (perfect for the super hot weather).

Room Tip: Room with a view would be perfect as the small space could be a little claustrophobic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greetings Hotel 73 and thank you for your kind comment.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to your stay with us!

Maggie Chen, Hotel Supervisor

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The building and amenities are average and appropriate for its price, but the outstanding staff is what places this hotel above the rest. Everyone from the reception team to the breakfast room staff and housekeeping team are welcoming and helpful. Extra thanks and recognition go out to Bibo and Emilia, who helped us secure a much sought-after cafe reservation and then shared the good news by delivering a cake and personalized card to our hotel room in person. It really made our day and because of them, our stay in Taipei was extra special.

Superstar staff, awesome location next to MRT and nearby Yongkang "Food Street", along with fair rates are top reasons to go with Hotel 73.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hotel has easy access from the Taoyuan airport. Purchase an EasyCard there. Take the express MRT to Taipei Main, walk through the station to the Red Line. Take the train that's going toward the 101, and you want the 3rd stop (Dongman). The hotel is located within walking distance to many of the tourist attractions, shopping and restaurants, and being within a minute or two to buses and the MRT, you have cheap and easy access to the entire city. You should not really need to use a cab.
I stayed there for 8 days in a Standard room. It was smallish, but as a solo traveler it was adequate and I didn't mind not having a window. The daily water and snacks were nice.I found the bed comfortable and there was plenty of hot water.
As mentioned in other reviews, the buffet breakfasts were excellent(some western dishes),the laundry was free, as well as coffee, tea and snacks in the lobby. They also will safe keep your luggage pre check in and post checkout.
I felt the greatest asset of the hotel was the staff. I arrived early in the morning so couldn't check in until much later. The staff allowed me to have a complementary breakfast and stored my bag while I explored the area. In addition, they advised me on sites to see and fielded my many general questions. A special thanks to Emily, Alina, Maggie, Cherry, Vivian, Alex, Edward and Vincent.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greetings Hotel 73 and thank you for your kind comment. It is our pleasure to welcome you and we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragement and feedback so that we may deliver a higher level of service in the future. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your stay with us!

Vincent Cheng/Supervisor

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I normally don't care one way or the other about hotel staff, but this was the best experience I have EVER had in 20+ years of travel. Super friendly, super helpful, and they give accurate info. I needed help with taking public transport to another city as a day trip, they assisted in finding different routes and prices, printing out timetables, and making sure I knew where to go. And with smiles!

Rooms are quite small, but nice and comfortable. There is an elevator.

Breakfast had a variety of hot food. Good.

Location is convenient, near some nice shopping/restaurant streets and a few blocks away from the Chiang Kai-shek memorial hall.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greeting from Hotel 73 and thank you for your kind comment.
It is wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay, and the compliment on the services and surroundings means a lot to us.
Hotel 73 staffs are always very gracious, hoping to do more than what our guests expect us to and give you a very wonderful accommodation experience with us.
Your support has been shared with all the departments and it shall motivate them continuing to deliver a higher level of service.

Once again, we appreciated your valuable feedback and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Maggie Chen , Hotel Supervisor

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Booked the Elite Twin Room.
Room is now equipped with a safe and is more brightly lit with exactly the same layout compared to my last stay in Mar 2013. I guessed I prefer the new lights as I can see better now. The rooms are still as fresh as new. Hotel staff was nice to inform me(upon me booking via Agoda) that it will not be a quiet room as this Eilite room will be next to the lift. They were correct. We happened to have some noisy tourist at the lift. So were not spared. However, the comfort we have is greater than the noise. So no complaints.

Breakfast - International from fresh salad, scrambled eggs and brewed coffee to oriental porridge, cooked side dishes and chinese cook food etc. Enough for us to have a nutritious breakfast everyday. I must admit that its the breakfast I had from my last 2 visits in 2013 that made me miss this place and lure me back to Taipei.

Location - Located just next to Dongmen MRT station, travelling make it more easier. Take the Taoyuan MRT (NT165) to Taipei main station, transfer via the red line (NT20) and you reach Dongmen Station.

Staff - Still as cheerful, professional as before. Love their positive attitude. Made us feel welcome and know that they will always be there to assist with our queries.

Hotel also provide all the toiletries, kettle, tea and coffee.

Overall Hotel 73 did not disappoint me and I will continue to refer friends to stay here for their 1st Taipei visit. Having said this, I am a little worried. Now that we rate it well, will the room rates increase?

Will I come back for the 4th stay? Looking out for promotional rates may be the best option to decide since the rates have increase quite a bit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel73新尚旅店, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear valued guest,

We must provide the best promotional rates for you and invite you be our VIP member.Thank you once again for staying with us and definitely look forward to your next trip to amazing Taipei!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

It's a value for money boutique hotel for people who maximise their limited time and are not so fussy about space and noise. The staff were extremely courteous and ensured comfort and satisfaction during our stay. We are vegetarians and hence the Chef was thoughtful to prepare a yummilicious Veg fried rice in the morning so that we were taken care of during breakfast.
The hotel is strategically located a stones throw away from Dongmen mrt station, ten minute mrt ride to Taipei 101 and Taipei main station.
The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful with regard to tours and directions.

Highly recommended for frugal Travellers

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
WUHSIAOWEN, Deputy Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Mr. Sandeep k,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us at Hotel 73.
It is our pleasure to welcome your coming and we are glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comment truly shows the charming aspects that our hotel want to pursue as our goals that is to treat our guests feel warm and like home.
We are so happy that you love our special vegetarians meals we made for you.
Our chefs and restaurant staffs are inspired by your words!

The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragement and feedback so that we may deliver a higher level of service in the near future.
We look forward to sharing more and remain at your service.

Emily Wu, Hotel Deputy Manager