“service under standard.”

Ranked #63 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“service under standard.”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The day we arrived to Le Meridien Taipei. i don't see any smile and welcoming.the reception keep talking with cool face and speak very fast, i almost can't hear what he said. and we don't have any eyes contact because he only looking at the computer. after dinner we go back to the hotel and planning to ask the reception to book the hotel restaurant - Yen for us. The reception call to the restaurant then said they're "FULL" then no more word,they didn't think or want to do anything.
OMG this is five star hotel service?? we're hotel guest if there full you can recommend other restaurant to us not only said full and do nothing and say nothing. Then i went to the Concierge Centre ask them again, This time i got a great respond he said the time we want is fully booked but he can get a table for us 30mins later and said we still got other good restaurant at the hotel.
THAT"S HELPFUL and GREAT RESPOND.
The swimming pool is good but the sauna room too small only fit in 2 peopls only.

Room Tip: higher floor better and only one side can see taipei101 from the room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CKCris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had 2 experiences to stay at Le Meridien Taipei. The room types are different but all of them are great!! Nice space and design and offer L'occitane skin care products!!! The location is near to the Taipei City Hall metro station and is good for shopping!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Beautiful hotel in a tony part of the city. I stayed here for several days on business by myself and had no complaints with the service. Staff was attentive and helpful, and I understand that the breakfast buffet is one of the best. The service can't be beat.

I'm undecided about staying here again though because of the location. The City Hall Station area is very upscale and almost sterile in its ambiance (the same as any major city in the world with its big luxury department stores and couture brands). There is no character to the area, and is a little bit away from some of the more popular and exciting areas that are unique to Taipei.

There were two things that I was disappointed about -- first, the hotel has no spa, and the nearest spa they recommend requires a cab ride, which felt too much like an ordeal to go and relax. Second, one of the shopping centers nearby played music very loudly from about 10pm until midnight for several (not all) of the nights I was there. The hotel windows do a pretty good job of keeping the sound out and the music is more in the vein of elevator music or opera, but it's playing unbelievably loudly for such a late hour and kept me awake for awhile. I would recommend asking for a room that does not face the shopping area if you are sensitive to noise.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that don't face the shopping center to avoid loud music late at night
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ykwriter
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have spent a three days in this hotel during my business trip to Taipei. The hotel located not far from Taipei 101. It is surrounded by a few shopping malls which are within few walking distance. The hotel is clean and quiet.

The room: The room is spacious and offers a large cabinet space, a large desk area, a small sitting area, and a nespresso machine.

The bathroom: it is spacious also and offers both showers and bathtub, an electric toilet, and it is separated by a glass wall from the bedroom.

Gym: the size was good with plenty of state of the art fitness machines.

Breakfast: was great with verity of food to choose from.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sulch
Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Initialy, I was a bit apprehensive about staying at a Meridien but my experience at the hotel was excellent. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is beautifuly designed. I had a spacious room equipped with the latest technology. Breakfast was exceptional with Chef's Jean-Georges Vongerichten's designer juice samplers. The gym is state of the art and staff there was extremely helpful. I would highlight Mr. Sonam, the senior gym instructor who gave me a 1-hour private class at 8.30PM.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 April 2012

As the title suggests, the hotel is as expected for a 5 star hotel located in the heart of Taipei for your convenience. I stayed here for business and I found every aspect of my stay exceptional.

I checked into the hotel in a breeze and found my room spotless upon opening the door. There's a small selection of fruit served daily and a bonus is having your own Nespresso in your room to enjoy rather than being given satchets. The bathroom amenities were great and you're given plenty of toiletries from Loccitane which was also a welcome.

The bed was comfortable however a little too short. I would assume anyone over 180cm would also have this problem. The gym was fantastic with all the equipment you would find at a normal gym. I did not use the pool but my colleague did mention it was great.

I did not go to any of the bars or restaurants at Le Meridien but called room service and enjoyed the food. Mind you it was past midnight and they whipped it up within 30 minutes so I was pleasantly surprised.

The location was walking distance to Taipei 101 if you need to do any shopping.

Overall, I found this hotel to be exceptional and I intend to return whenever I visit Taipei for business.

London
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Positives:Good sized room, very clean, everything modern with very comfy bed, wireless was automatic so no password. The shower room is open plan which some might not like but I was fine with. The loo was it's own room as you would expect. Breakfast was good quality and good variety. Location was good

Negatives: service was a little disappointing when you check in. It was slow and left you waiting when it was unclear what they were doing. I don't expect that for these prices