“Tasteful hotel and very comfortable”

The Sherwood Taipei
Ranked #49 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is part of the "Leading Hotels of the Word". It is a well maintained hotel and the rooms are comfortable. The climate control in the rooms works well.

There are complementary bottles of water provided in the rooms as well as coffee and tea.

The bed is comfortable though I would have appreciated fluffy pillows and a non-synthetic comforter that "breathes". The bathroom is very nice with a separate shower and bath. The toiletries are of excellent quality.

The wireless internet is truly "high speed" and easy to use.

The breakfust is average with a reasonable selection but I've certainly had better. The breakfast room is in the basement and there are no windows making it a bit clasutrofobic.

The bar is small but quaint and the food is good. The business lunch we were served was excellent.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is fine for a business hotel but I have stayed at nicer hotels for a better price in Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I Stayed at the Sherwood on a business trip to Taipei and really enjoyed it.

Location is perfect, access to an abundance of restaurants, coffee shops (Starbucks too) and convenience stores.

The hotel is well kept and all worked great.

The only suggestion would be to upgrade the breakfast a bit as the appearance is not up to the Sherwood standard.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 19 February 2012

i was on a business trip and stayed at The Sherwood Taipei for a total of 4 nights. upon arrival and check in, i was informed that they'd upgraded me to an executive room. cool! i went up to find a HUGE room waiting for me. 2 double beds for just me alone. i can probably sleep one side per night.

spacious room included an armchair and a couch, coffee table, working desk, and a comfortable bathroom that comes with both the shower head and the bathtub. that is perfect as im a sucker for tubs, but i cant soak in it everyday and thats where the shower head comes in. bathroom is of a pretty decent space too, with a wide mirror. loves! quite amply equipped too. the hairdryer (my must have) is however a little too weak. i managed to get used to it after 5 days of usage, went back home to Singapore, turned on my hairdryer and thought that a tornado has arrived. in conclusion, hairdryer can be improved. but not to be too anal, i love the bathroom nevertheless.

huge room is comfortable, with many lights adjustable to ur desired brightness. practical for both work and relax!

i didnt manage to visit the gyms and spa. too busy working! :(

location of the hotel isnt the best. what i gathered from the hotel staffs, the nearest metro station is a 5-7min walk away. But from my past experiences in ANY parts of the world, add a 5-10min to whatever they tell u. i cant 100% say that for this hotel though, didnt try it myself.. but from the maps i found, the nearest station looks at least a 10 min walk away. and that station isnt on one of the main lines either. u gotta transfer at the next station to connect with the main lines. but if you are not looking at shopping dining at famous restaurants etc, there are a few convenience shops near the hotel, 2-3min walk. but then again, this is usual in Taipei and thats what i love about the place!

breakfast buffet.. soso. they dun have a super wide range of food available, but overall decent i guess. service is good wherever u go to. staffs are on the ball and almost always ready to answer any queries!

1  Thank NeeGooo
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Dear Ms. Su Woon W,

Thank you for visiting us at The Sherwood Taipei!
We strive to make the experience at The Sherwood Taipei one you will remember forever. Therefore, your comments are very important for us and I will share your kind words with our entire team.
Thank you again for the opportunity of having you as a guest. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2012

The room was exceptionally nice but the customer service was even better. a Brazilian concierge manager and his staff were really helpful, they went out of their way to book a trip for us to taroko gorge last minute and gave excellent restaurant recommendations. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Kara,

Firstly I would like to thank you and your family for have chosen The Sherwood Hotel as your home away from home while in Taipei.
I am glad that we have delivered "a fabulous costumer service", as our goal it is to exceed our guests expectations. Your comments have indicated that we have achieved our most important core values!
I will share your comments with our Concierge Team, who I am sure will be delighted with your words.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and I hope to have you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2012

On a recent business trip through Taipei, I stayed overnight at this central hotel after finding a pretty good rate (35% discount, about $150 equivalent) and on a recommendation from a work colleague. The location, service, and room were superb -- the hotel sets a high standard. My room was upgraded at no charge to a larger suite, even though this was a last minute discounted booking and I had not stayed here before. My only complaint was the quality of the breakfast buffet (cost was about $20) -- disappointing is the best word I can use. The food didn't have much flavor, selection was more limited than most other business hotel buffets I've seen, and being a maniac for coffee, I have to admit it was barely drinkable.

Since I wasn't staying for the buffet, I have to give this hotel a Very Good rating, it's well worth the money and is ideally located to explore downtown Taipei. Just skip the breakfast and catch decent coffee and a roll at a nearby Starbucks.

Cheers.
Michael

Room Tip: Ask for a suite upgrade -- no harm in asking, and you might just get it.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at The Sherwood Taipei. We welcome guest’s comments and feed back as this help us to improve our service. I have noted from your comments that your breakfast experience at B-one was not up to the standard. Please accept my apologies for this and I would like to assure that your comments have been passed on to the Operations Manager if B-one who in return has addressed this with his staff.
I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Sherwood Taipei in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here in Early Feb with some business colleagues.

The Sherwood is a good hotel, with good facilities and staff.

We held a workshop here and the room was good, with fairly good support. The meeting room snacks and coffee were ok but nothing special. The hotel coffee was the usual black, stewed sludge. Not to be recommended.

The rooms are good. Spacious, with a decent TV, decent shower and a bath. My bed was fine & comfortable but some of my colleagues complained of lumpy, uncomfortable beds.

Internet is provided and is fairly fast, as you'd expect in Taiwan.

Everything is ever so slightly dated but nothing I'd worry about.

Breakfast is ok, with a wide range of food. The service definitely gets stretched when the restaurant is full. It stops on the dot at 10am on weekdays and 10:30 at weekends. There is VERY little flexibility on this, so be early!

The location is not so good; in a business area. Starbucks, 7-11 and a few decent bars and restaurants are close by but all the sights are a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Mark,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Sherwood Taipei. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Clean, simple, business hotel. Mostly Japanese clients. Short walk from the Metro station. Not much going on during the weekends since it's surrounded by office buildings.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Sherwoodhotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice words about The Sherwood Hotel after your recent stay in Taipei. We welcome guest's comments and feed back as they help us to improve our service. Our goal it is exceed our guests' expectations. Your comments have indicated that we have had mission accomplished.
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations .