This hotel is part of the "Leading Hotels of the Word". It is a well maintained hotel and the rooms are comfortable. The climate control in the rooms works well.
There are complementary bottles of water provided in the rooms as well as coffee and tea.
The bed is comfortable though I would have appreciated fluffy pillows and a non-synthetic comforter that "breathes". The bathroom is very nice with a separate shower and bath. The toiletries are of excellent quality.
The wireless internet is truly "high speed" and easy to use.
The breakfust is average with a reasonable selection but I've certainly had better. The breakfast room is in the basement and there are no windows making it a bit clasutrofobic.
The bar is small but quaint and the food is good. The business lunch we were served was excellent.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is fine for a business hotel but I have stayed at nicer hotels for a better price in Taipei.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1990, when we first started offering world-class hospitality to those visiting our city, there were very few globally recognized 5-star hotels in Taipei. The Sherwood has now become the top-choice in Taipei for renowned political and business figures from across the world.From the day the hotel was established in 1990 it has been a tradition that we welcome our guests as if they were family. The moment you step into The Sherwood, you will be warmly greeted by the smiling faces of our receptionists and you receive a personal room key that makes you feel right at home. The guestrooms are sensibly separated from the restaurants and other public areas by room guest elevators and your are ensured a tranquil, safe and comfortable stay.The Sherwood is the only Taiwanese member of the Leading Hotels of the World, and we have been featured in international travel magazines such as Travel & Leisure, Business Traveler, Asia Money and Review Asia. Our art collection, which is a tasteful fusion of Western and Chinese elements, evokes feelings similar to those gained when browsing through a gallery of the world’s masterpieces.We offer luxury treatment at The Sherwood Spa on the 20th floor and free hotel-wide Wi-Fi access in addition to access to our complimentary Executive Business Center, gym and warm indoor pool.The Sherwood is located in the Taipei financial center and shopping hub, near the unique and artistic Minsheng Community and just a ten-minute drive from Songshan Airport. The hotel is within easy access of the city via the MRT Wenhu Line or the highway system that will take you to sights all across the island. We promise to keep you in touch with the world as well as connect you to every part of the island via the extensive Taiwan transportation network.The Sherwood Taipei: Your Taste ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sherwood Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sherwood Taipei Hotel Taipei
- Sherwood Hotel Taipei
- The Sherwood Hotel Taipei
- Sherwood Taipei