“Japanese-style hotel I would be glad to return in next trip”

Hotel Sunroute Taipei
Ranked #103 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Sunroute Hotel is Japanese-style business hotel located about 10 minutes away from Minquan West MRT station (straight off the main road).

Pros:
1. Clean and comfy room
2. Clean bathroom
3. Heated toilet Japanese-style with operated bidets
4. Great Japanese breakfast at Ootaya restaurant (recognised brand)
5. Decent channels on TV (I'm happy with just English version of Nat Geo)
6. Very helpful hotel staff

Cons:
1. The room is a little small (But this is Taiwan we are talking about)
2. If you have sensitive ears, the noise from main street will bother you
3. Staff speaks limited English
4. Wifi was not consistent. Fortunately it was mostly good.

Room Tip: You should ask for the room that faces away from main street if you want a quiet one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheLynxTravels

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rooms here are a little larger than the ones at the Sunroute Shinjuku (Tokyo). Small bathroom but efficient (even a bathtub!). Clean but rooms have carpet. Enjoyed the location. Post office is nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chr15t1n3
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It is definitly a Japanese hotel. Even the pamphlets in the room are in Japanese. Many Japanese travellers stay in this hotel.

Room is compact. Bathroom is the Japanese style with the bath tub built in. Toilet bowl is Japanese style as well.

Location is excellent. Only 3 minutes walk from Exit 9 of Min Chuan Xi Road MRT Station. Bus route going to Taoyuan International Airport is just opposite to it. It takes 1.2 hours to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Martha L
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked this hotel literally last minute (on the day before I arrived). At first I wasn't sure how convenient or inconvenient its location might be. I relied on the map and the reviews I have read. The hotel is indeed footsteps away from the MRT (Taipei's underground train network) station (Min-Chuan Xi Road Station), and this station is particularly convenient because it is an interchange station for two major MRT lines. To get from the hotel to the main city walking area (such as Ximen and Taipei Train Station), I only had to take the train for 4 and 5 MRT stops and then I'm right there. The location is superb.

The room itself is a pleasant surprise. The room is compact and is definitely in Japanese style, but the layout is very efficient. The bathroom is another surprise as it is very clean and also very efficient. I was particularly impressed by the Japanese-style toilet (as I didn't expect to see it in a Taipei hotel although they are very common in Japan). Clean and simple - that's all I needed.

The staff is also very helpful. They were able to give me some simple directions and also simple suggestions for site seeing. I didn't need a lot of help because the hotel is literally 5-8 minutes walk from the MRT station.

Highly recommended and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank eddiechan123
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked this as our flight was departing New York to Japan. I was a bit concerned as most of the hotels we were finding were $150 USD and up. So we booked 3 rooms for just 1 night just in-case the place was a dump. Well it was not! The rooms were small but very efficient, clean, and modern. The bathroom was small too but not to a detriment. The shower was great! Very hot water and great pressure.

The subway, MRT, is just 1 block away and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this to all of you looking for an inexpensive ($84 USD) hotel convenient to everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a Japanese franchised hotel and it looks like exactly the same as the one in Japan that I had stayed at before. I like this business hotel as it is a clean and efficient Japanese run hotel. Most of the staff speaks intermediate English and Japanese. Cost is usually $100 USD per night, which I think is quite reasonable considering the location and cleanliness. This hotel is located in a convenient place in the old area of Taipei and MRT and public transportation like city bus is close to the hotel. You can also take a bus to the airport from the bus stop right in front of the hotel. There is Starbucks and some other cafeterias nearby for your relaxing coffee time and also Japanese restaurant Otoya on the basement. I had lunch with my Taiwanese friends there - authentic Japanese food definitely. Overall, I think I made a right choice selecting this hotel for my short personal trip in Taipei. If you are looking for a place that is clean with good hospitality, this hotel is a good place to consider staying at.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

It took me a while to finally pick a hotel to stay in taipei because i was so unfamiliar with the areas so it was really a relief to find that this hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a double room with my bf and the size was just fine. I think the semi double might be a squeeze and if you've been to a japans hotel you'd know what i mean. But all that aside what's more important for me was the cleanliness and this place was extremely spotless. The shower was also strong and hot just the way I like it. Another plus is the location. You can take the kuo kuang bus #1841 straight to and from the airport to the hotel at only 83 NTD and it takes only about an hour. The metro is also an easy walk about 5 mins away with a lot of cafes restaurants and shops along the way. Taipei main station is just 3 stops away. While yongkang st which has a lot of great restaurants like the original din tai fung and kaochi for some xiao long bao is just 5 mrt stops away on the yellow line at dongmen station. I definitely wouldn't mind staying here again. Staff were also pretty friendly. A lot of japns guests stay here since this is a japns hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2013