“Great location”

Wonstar Hotel Zhonghua
Ranked #286 of 586 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Modern, updated hotel with good size rooms, comfortable beds and great shower. Everything was very clean and L'Occitaine shower gels, shampoo etc were replaced on a daily basis. Bottled water, tea and coffee also provided in the room.
The location is great with shops and eateries nearby and public transport close by. I stayed for a few days in June and the staff were friendly and helpful. The only Improvement I can suggest is to have a wider range of food on offer at breakfast to cater for all tastes.
I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room with a window on a higher floor which was cozy and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Nicely renovated hotel, single purpose with its own building (not mixed with shops, restaurant or other hotels). Located just one street away from the main shopping area. A hotel worth to consider with room for improvement.
Staying in the deluxe double bed room. Nice color tone, fair size with sufficient moving space for 2.
Lots of counter top to spread your belongings, but tiny closet with no drawers to put your clothings.
Shower pressure good, water temperature great for shower but could be hotter for soaking.
Only one mirror in the bathroom and the lighting makes putting on makeup a mission impossible.
Lack of hanging rack in bathroom.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Clean hotel with great service staff. the beds and pillows are very comfortable.
shower temperature and pressure are good. The shower gel and shampoo are L'Occitane.

4 convenient stores nearby, within 5 mins walk to Ximen Station, easy to get taxi.

The breakfast provided is simple local food which are similar to home cooked food; minced meat rice, porridge and various condiments, salads, yakult, stir fries. very warming like being at home.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Pro
- Very convinent locations, walking distance to Ximending
- Clean and tidy
- Shower gel , toothbrush, slippers, hair dryer, towels provided
- 2 bottles of water

Cons
- Very small lift
- Only one mirror inside bathroom
- One room card only for a room
- Breakfast area is pretty small, limited food choice

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2016

This hotel is located at a corner of the crowded shopping paradise - Ximending. I had stayed here many years ago and in this revisit, it has been renovated. This room is clean and tidy. The room size is comfortably big as compared to many other hotels. Free bottled water, canned drinks and simple snacks are provided in the room when I checked in. Airconditioning is adjustable to suit one's comfort, though a little noisy. The frontdesk and housekeeping staff are helpful and polite. When I requested for a room on higher floor, the frontdesk immediately made the change without any question asked. There are good varieties for breakfast in the cosy restaurant and an excellent coffee machine. I have stayed in many hotels in Taiwan, I will rate this hotel as "A" among hotels of its price range.

Room Tip: Higher floor with window facing the main road for better view.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tangent113
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Let's get 1 thing straight. There are 2 Wonstar in ximending. ZhongHua and ximen.
ZhongHua is the newer hotel.
Stayed for 4d3n with my family.
Location is at the outside of ximending.
Front desk is always smiling and greeting you. Whenever I ask them qns and they are always very helpful.
Check in and check out was smooth.
Email the hotel for some queries and will always get a reply. Thanks Emma!
Breakfast is simple and good.
Love the freshly brew coffee every morning.
Turn left from hotel- mos burger 24hr, a steamboat restaurant.
Turn right around the corner, another 'local buffet' and further down a family mart. Local beef noodle on much further right.
Exit ximen mrt 6. Walk straight along the main road and its there.. 5 mins walk.
Opposite the hotel is a 2 floor high store that sells facial wash/cosmetic/socks/snacks/drinks/wine/everything....
Room is comfortable and big.
Hot toilet seat. Love the shower.
Bath tub for minimum deluxe room.
There is a terrace on 9th floor. And ready hot water there.
Overall my family had a great stay and will return.
Thank you Wonstar for taking good care of me and my family.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua P
Reviewed 15 March 2015

This is by far the most terrible hotel I have ever stay! If I could give "no star" rating, I will. Room was old, carpet was dirty and hallway was dark. When I check in, the room smile musty so I asked for another room. The front desk told me no other room available and I have to upgrade to next level room. Because I reserved two nights so I have to paid for two nights difference first. This is new to me because I have not stay for second night yet. After I check into second, the room still smile musty and I found the carpet on a corner of room was wet.

I was not able to sleep that night because room was so cold and when I asked front desk and staff said the hotel has no heat. I requested to deliver extra blanket but no one bother to deliver it to me. I have called second time. The wall was so thin that I can heard every move at the room next to me. Since no heat in the room and the noisy next door I decided no to stay for second night and called the front desk asked to check out next day. Front desk staff told me they will not refund me for the second night. This is terrible, terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to view the room you are going to stay before pay for it and pay it with cash.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo