“Quesadilla, Chilli con Carne and Frozen Margaritas”

Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina
Ranked #200 of 12,310 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We're Bangkok's oldest and best loved Mexican restaurant. For 25 years, we've been providing top quality food and drinks to locals and tourists alike. Great for parties or dates. We recently moved to a newer, bigger location close to the Asoke junction on Sukhumvit Soi 19. We have a Kids' Curfew after 8.30pm. The restaurant becomes more like a bar and it's not suitable for young children. Last orders for food is 11pm
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great Mexican food in the heart of Bangkok. Also, you have to try their frozen Margaritas which are half price during Happy Hours.

Charley B, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear catjoe01

Thanks for the great review - glad you enjoyed it.

Happy Hours are daily from 5-7pm.

Hope you get another chance to visit soon.

Best regards

Charley.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I always love mexican food.
Went to this superb restaurant 2 weeks before and had a memorable experience..
Great Ambience
Superb, Pro-active service
Sumptuous food... with a real huge sauce collection...
WOW Margarita...
And Affordable ....
What more does any one want...
Loved it all the way..
This place should be my must visit in my next visits to Bangkok surely..
5 stars to the whole team of Charley Brown's...

Dear Rammi2010

It's great to hear from satisfied guests. And it's especially great to read such an in-depth review of all aspects of the restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you down here again.

Best regards

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

If I am not visiting this restaurant once a week I will order Delivery , the food rocks the margaritas rock and the service is great , if you visit look out for their huge hot sauce collection but be very wary as they have a few that are totally off the Scoville scale ! We are talking in the millions ! And if you want to you can even wear a silly hat whilst you drink

Charley B, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear nickabroad

Thanks for visiting us so regularly and for taking the time and trouble to let people know about your experience.

The hot sauces go up to 2.5 million Scoville, which is twice as hot as pepper spray. However, hidden away in the office is some pure capsaicin which is officially the hottest substance on earth at a mind blowing 16 million Scoville. I really don't want anyone to try it in case of injuries. I mixed it while wearing gloves, face mask and goggles. And it STILL managed to get into my nasal passages and it burned for hours.

Two weeks ago, Charley Brown's was rated 125th in Bangkok. But then Tripadvisor decided to change their algorithm and dropped us down to 202nd without any explanation. Thousands of restaurants were affected and of course, Tripadvisor provided no explanation or assistance.

Thanks to your review, we're beginning to move back up the ratings - we've gained back 2 of the 77 places we lost overnight.

Many thanks and hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Ok, so I have been going to Charley Brown's since 2010 when I was a broke teacher waiting for Teacher nights (I think it was Tuesdays) for half price margaritas. Some places tend to try to stiff the customers for promotions like that, especially the broke teacher, but not CB's. The margaritas were just as delicious as they were any other night if not even a little better (maybe they felt bad for us?). Fast forward to 2018 and I still come to Charley Brown's for the margaritas even when they're not half price. I may not be a broke teach living in Thailand anymore, but I'm still broke. I just visited last week on my last night in Thailand for the passionfruit margaritas and the delicious quesadillas. I was with a group of 4 and we loved everything we ordered. The service was outstanding, the owner was attentive, and the ambiance is still the same as it was when it was back in ski 11...if not better. CB's is by far, the best mexican food one can find in Bangkok. Thanks for all the lovely food and drinks and until next time, see you soon CB's!

Charley B, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear Jen L

Thank you so much for your great review. It's been a pleasure entertaining you and your friends in the restaurant for the past 8 years... Which begs the question, why did you wait THIS long to write us a review!?

We've never changed the recipe for margaritas on our happy hours or discount nights - that's not our style at all. But I'm very happy you noticed.

With any luck, you'll be back out this way again soon and we can share a drink or two again.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed March 25, 2018

If you are craving authentic, delicious Mexican food, then Charley Brown is the place to go! I went there last night with my teenage daughter and we had an amazing meal. We started out with Tostada de Pulpo Enamorado, a tostada with squid, which were so tender that it melted in my mouth. Then we got a pot of queso with corn chips. Delicious, gooey cheese with meat. It was so good that I would gladly had licked the pot if nobody had looked :) The ceviche was perfect as well, perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of spices. Our last dish was the eggplant lasagna with goat cheese. Another amazing dish. Crispy eggplant with a generous amount of cheese. We weren't able to finish it so we had to ask for a doggy bag for the left overs, the food was simply too good to let it go to waste!

The staff was friendly and smiling and the charming owner, Dave, made us feel really welcome and took his time to tell us about the different dishes and showing us the very impressive collection of different chili sauces.

Charley Brown's is definitely my new favorite Mexican restaurant in Bangkok and I can't wait to try out the rest of the menu! Oh and the passion fruit margarita... Yum!

Charley B, Owner at Charley Brown's Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Anita F

It was a pleasure having you guys down last night and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

You made a good decision to let me pick for you - I know the best dishes on the menu and I'm keen to show them off.

Looking forward to your next trip down here.

Best Regards