“Highly Anticipated Dinner with Friends ”
Review of Suhring

Suhring
Ranked #143 of 12,539 Restaurants in Bangkok
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Sühring was the most anticipated dinner in BKK. Thank you Keith for the awesome experience.
I was so happy to have been able to book the kitchen table for us and it was a great experience.

Sühring
#13 of Asia World Top 50 2017

12 courses for 2900 THB per person +10% Service Charge and 7% VAT.

We started with a fresh baked Pretzel, mini beer and a delicious cheese spread!
The caramelized onions pillow tart was my favorite. The herring was also good but probably too fishy for my friends. The Dutch side of my loved it! The pork jelly was also really tasty. These starters were just amazing!
The currywurst was the best I've had and the crunch potato crisp was yum!!!
The best dish of the night was the Frankfurter mousse with the smoked eel. The delicate yet complex flavors were delightful. I wouldn't mind encoring this one!
The homemade bread with Spek, cured sea bass and house pickles. Sometimes, a simple dish like this is quite satisfying. However, the pork fat butter is just ridiculous. I lapped it all up! The crunchy pork skins on top brought extra flavor and texture. I ate all the pickles from the jar because you can't stop, it's so good!!! The homemade mustard is also excellent. Slowly enjoy this course and savor the moment.
The river trout is also a delicate treat. Melts in your mouth goodness. Excellent balance and execution.
The egg noodles dish was a bit heavy for me but the amount of truffle shaved on top was such indulgence. The fried onions was so sweet and really brighten up the noodles.
The main course was duck. It was cooked perfectly but unfortunately compared to the past dishes, it kinda fell flat.
I was very full by now but still fully enjoyed the buttermilk ice cream. I found the gin tonic part a bit bitter but eating it with the ice cream together was a good balance.
The last dessert was kinda fun but a little disappointing for me. While I loved the chocolate ice cream which was similar to a frozen chocolate mousse, the frozen sphere was tough to crack and eat.
The petit fours and eggnog was a very nice ending to the night.
Overall, I would highly recommend this place to visit if you are in BKK. It is worth it.

However, I found the wine by the glass section to be limited and very expensive. If it was more affordable, I would have probably drank more!

A wonderful dinner with friends from different parts of the world. LA, Seoul & HK gathering. What a fun time together.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended by a foodie friend as he knew we enjoy various food experiences. Seeing that this restaurant is among the top 50 in Asia, we did have high hopes.
The place is certainly beautiful, both inside and out. When you step in, the Winter Garden is lush and I think it is the best place to be seated (day or evening). The concept is such that you are dining at their house, so the interior is done so as well. I would say, do NOT sit at the counter even though I do like to watch at such establishments. There was a slight smoke smell, and it looked the most cramped of the locations.
Service tried to be attentive, but we feel that it wasn’t as polished. Water was not topped up promptly, and there was no offer of another drink when we finished our wine/ cocktail. They do not serve filtered / tap water, and the cheapest water would set you back about USD 7 a bottle (Acqua Panna). Course descriptions by staff were a tad difficult to understand as well.
We chose the 8-course menu, and were glad we didn’t pay more for the 12. Most people would go for the 12-course since the more expensive items would be included.
The first 4 courses were “snacks”, which would have been equivalent to amuse bouche in other places. Granted that this is not a French restaurant, but these dishes were presented such that they were reminiscent of such. The first 4 mini “courses” arrived and hey, we were already halfway through our menu!
We felt that all the menu selections and tastes were not as creative as what we have seen in other restaurants around the world, even others in Bangkok. Bread was one of the “snacks”, and so there was no bread served on the side. Although the bread did taste good, and there were generous accompaniments, it just seemed a tad odd. Another item of egg noodles seemed like a pasta dish with truffle shavings (rather than German). Although it tasted good, there was no surprise there. The wagyu short rib also tasted good, but again, no surprise there.
We left partially sated, feeling like we could make our way somewhere to have a mango sticky rice just to fill our tummies and to feel satisfied. This makes me think that one should just stick to local plebeian fare in BKK. Tastes are more surprising and service is just as friendly and attentive. Definitely not value for money in a good paradise like BKK.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Visiting one of Asia's top restaurants come with expectations and Suhring did not disappoint.

- The service was absolutely spot on, great job!
- The food was simply great; freshness of the ingredients, flavor combinations and the variety within the 12 course menu is great.
- Price for the 12 course menu is very reasonable (about $80.- or $7,- per dish)

Overall experience is great and I'd love to go back soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

My partner took me there as a birthday treat and it was a lovely experience. The service staff were extremely attentive without being intrusive. It was delightful to hear them explain the dishes. Each course was beautifully executed and the taste was mostly good as well. One of the staff, Isabella, really made us feel at home. She attended to all our needs and even offered us advice when we were at a loss at what to do on a Monday night as most night markets were closed. Would definitely come back here when we return to BKK.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Taking simple / traditional German dishes and turning them into an entirely new and extraordinary experience. I was truly amazed by the quality of the dishes. Also, the staff, a young thai gentlemen speaking fluently German, was to our utmost satisfaction. He did an amazing job.

Will be back soon.