“A good transfer hotel”

Floral Shire Resort
Ranked #597 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel is very inexpensive and close to the airport. Most guests seem to be staying there as an overnight stay before leaving on another flight out of Bangkok Airport. This hotel serves that purpose well.

We had a free shuttle to and from the airport, about 10 minutes away.

The hotel is friendly and clean and you can have a traditional Thai meal during your stay. However, it is no frills and you should expect to get what you paid for, a bed, shower and smaller room.

I have no complaints about the hotel, it served its purpose. But, definitely would not recommend for longer then an overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We paid 900 Bt for a standard room with ABF on 12Jan2012. Wi-fi in rooms had a really good speed for Thailand. The aircon was blowing directly onto the bed without the possibility to change the direction and was quite noisy, so we had to sleep without it. It was possible to open the windows, but we had the kitchen dowsstaits and there were noisy activities from early morning. WE could hear what was going on in the corridor and even in other rooms (if you are in the bathroom). The hotel is situated in the end of a small street where locals live. On the big street there are several local cafes and several 7/11. Airport transfer is free. Goes from the hotel every hour (once per hour as far as we got it, was exactly on time) and we were collected from the airport (had to wait for about 20 minutes and when they finally picked us up we went off but returned in about 10 minutes to pick somebody else). It's a pity they don't collect people from the airport transportation center. 4 types of breakfast were available at your choice. American BF included one fied egg, 2 sausages, ham, bacon, s many toasts as you wish with jam, black tea and poor coffee, cornflakes with milk (I haven't seen cornflakes and milk in any other hotel in Thailand!) and some fruit (bananas or mandarins).

Room Tip: Airport transfer is the only bonus here, but I've seen other hotels with the same service on the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Quiet location in a back alley in bangkok. The room was big and clean and there was free wi-fi. My only complaints are that the shower drained really really slow (so you had to stand in ankle deep water if you were the second in the shower) and the shuttle bus from the airport took quite a while to arrive which was hard with small kids jet lagged kids.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mamajunglequeen
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The location is one of the best things about this hotel. It is very near to the international airport and provides free transfer service to/ from the airport, which is great after particularly long flights. My pickup was without any problems.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I did leave prior to breakfast being available and there was no attempt on the part of the staff to allow an early breakfast (although the bread and toaster were sitting at ready).
The rooms are very nice. Large, air-conditioned. Mine was, in fact, two leveled, which was completely unexpected.
It was a great place to stay overnight after a long trip, but I would likely look for a location with a bit more character and flexibility if I were to remain in Bangkok for a few days.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mfmonn
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Very quiet location, at few minutes from the airport, but there is almost nothing around. Free shuttle minivan provided from/to the airport. Rooms are big, clean, but the air conditioners can be rather noisy and some rooms are visibly not new (traces of water leakage on the roof). The top floor rooms are really wide.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob66erto
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I chose to stay with the Floral Shire as a few friends had stayed here before. I think that it must be under new management as I feel that I didn't receive the quality that my friends has previously received.

I booked my room through Agoda so the rooms were cheaper than their advised internet prices.

The communication between the management and my self regarding my booking and pick up were very efficient. Replies with in 6hrs!!!

The pick up service was brilliant, a "meet and greet" staff at the airport, an a/c mini van and a relatively good driver (compared with others I've used in BK).

The room was a little dull... I was expecting something similar to what I'd seen advertised, the TV wasn't working and the room was on below the ground floor, a basement!!! I didn't bother to tell the staff about the TV as I was very tired and their free wifi was enough to entertain me. Although I did sleep very well compared to the people I had breakfast with. They heard the planes going by all night... we were only 5 mins from the airport!

For a night stopover it is worth the £10. Compared to the other big named hotels where you would pay a lot more for services you wouldn't really use.

The room was clean with crisp white sheets and a lovely hot shower.

My transfer back to the airport was free if I wanted one but they only leave on the hr and I wanted to leave 30min past so they arranged a private one 100bht!!

Don't be fooled by the advertised room, it is a basic stopover hotel, no wondering around town to see the sites of BK, you'll need to book somewhere near the center for that. No pool or bar, but if your landing and night and flying onwards the next day and want a comfy clean bed and feel safe if your a female on your own then here is the place to be.

Room Tip: The aeroplane noises are muffled the lower the floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sunbeamuniverse
Reviewed 5 November 2011

pickup at the airport as promised without any problems,
friendly welcome in the hotel,
room in order as presented in photographs,
very helpful staff,
'll definitely return here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple