All reviews infinity pool london cab bedroom residence suite guests butler service shuttle taxi afternoon tea and pre dinner wellness centre warmth hospitality khun bee personal butler longer period phrom phong bts station fantastic bathroom high rise buildings complimentary tea f b
Reviewed June 7, 2017

I have come out a long hiatus from review writing to give 137 this absolutely well-deserved rating. Our young family really enjoyed our stay at 137. The strong point for me is the wonderful, genuine and warm service from each and every member of the staff that we came in contact with. This is the kind of service that you see less of nowadays as its mostly quite “cold” and indifferent. The design of the hotel suites is classic and the rooms are well appointed. We used the pool area and Bangkok Trading Post (for breakfast) everyday and both spaces too are beautiful. Travelling with Louie the London Cab was also a quirky perk which we enjoyed very much.

Stay here now before this secret gem of a place gets discovered!

Am already looking forward to their next project in Phuket.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kugly
Bjorn R, General Manager at 137 Pillars Suites & Residences Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your family's recent visit to 137 Pillars Suites and Residences!

The entire team and I are delighted that you found our service warm and genuine, and that enjoyed the design of our property and facilities. Your fine comments will certainly be shared with all our colleagues, and I am sure this will further inspire us to deliver genuinely passionate service to our guests.

We are all very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back many more times, and also hope that you may find time to visit our award-winning sister property, 137 Pillars House in Chiang Mai during your next trip to Thailand.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the 137 Pillars primarily due to its proximity to Samitivej Hospital and due to its early high ratings. It is new and the suites are spacious and very nice, affording green views of urban Bangkok. The breakfast was good, offering plenty of variety for guests. The fitness facility was also quite serviceable. Friendly service was offered in all quarters. The only downside is that taxi drivers do not know the location and there are some one-way streets that make it more difficult to access, and it is off the "beaten track" in Sukhumvit in a residential area, a positive if you are looking for quiet and to be away from the Bangkok chaos, but a negative if you are looking for walkability to shopping and restaurants on the other. Overall, I recommend this hotel, particularly if you are planning a longer stay in Bangkok, where the kitchen and washer/dryer in the suites are a big plus.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HighPlaneDrifter

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with 137 Pillars Suites & Residences, and for sharing your great experience with us!

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our friendly service, and our spacious and well-equipped residences.

We also acknowledge the fact that due to being newly opened some taxi drivers do not yet know the property, and in order to improve that we have ordered additional road signage which should arrive shortly. We will also complement our existing "Louie the London Cab" with a second London Cab, thereby increasing the complimentary shuttle service between the hotel and EmQuartier shopping complex and Phrom Phong BTS station.

Again, thank you for your excellent feedback, the entire team and I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back many more times.

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Where do I start? I booked this hotel because I usually stayed around Chitlom area and wanted to try another area in Bangkok and prefer a boutique hotel for its personal touch. When I saw the pictures and positive reviews of this hotel, I made a reservation right away. We stayed 7 nights at their studio balcony which is their cheapest room but it definitely does not feel that way. The room was a very good size with balcony (great for smoker), kitchen and washing machine. It was very clean and very well spaced out. The bed and bedding were super comfortable and we slept so well every night!!
When I visited the rooftop pool, it was so nice and we felt in love as we spent lots of time by the pool. To our surprise, it's a salt water pool which we definitely prefer.
Choices for the breakfast buffet was not huge but a very good selection. I love the congee, crispy bacon and juice of the day but what I like the most was their Charcoal bread, crispy outside and cotton soft inside. Sometime I come to breakfast a bit late and they ran out of it, the lovely staff will happily get me more from downstairs. Every morning we were greeted with happy faces when we walk into restaurant for breakfast and they brought us everything we asked for. The concierge was also very helpful as we needed to find certain brand of tobacco and tobacco paper, the lovely girl at the concierge found us all the information and made sure we were well taken care of.
The 'Louie' taxi was so cute, it took us back and forth to the mall and there is wifi in the taxi (FYI walking from the hotel to the mall actually took only 10min so is not far). Oh regarding wifi, this hotel has one of the fastest wifi as my husband always checks it. There are so many restaurants and spa/massage places nearby, I doubt you can try them all.
I saved the best for last, their GM Mr Richardson was always at the hotel checking on everything himself (we even saw him on Sunday) and we got to talk to him everyday. He was kind enough to give us lots of detail information about Bangkok which is truly very helpful. I just want to say thank you for being so passionate about your job, your hotel and your customers and thank you for your handwritten welcoming card. You know we are definitely coming back, I just hope you will have a room for us!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NanaL107
Bjorn R, General Manager at 137 Pillars Suites & Residences Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of your recent stay with us during your recent trip to Bangkok!

It will be a pleasure to share your excellent feedback and comments with our entire team, and in particular with our restaurant and concierge colleagues for going the extra mile in delivering exceptional service!
Rest assured that we will all continue to strive for excellence in delivering truly personalized service and curated experiences, as this is indeed our passion!

The entire team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back home to 137 Pillars Suites & Residences soon again, and also hope that you will have time to visit our sister property, 137 Pillars House, in Chiang Mai!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Having been to Bangkok a few hundred times and stayed in most if not all of the top hotels in the city, I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay here. First of all, the staff actually know what they are doing. My hotel friends say training hotel teams in Bangkok has always been a big problem but I felt they got this right from the beginning. I was with my family and we had a two bedroom suite, a good size with a separate sitting room and very nicely decorated. They provide butler service for the 2 bedroom suites, and the butlers were very attentive. The pool area is great, my kids loved it--an infinity pool with sweeping views of Bangkok and for my wife and I a great little bar with some well made cocktails! We tried out both restaurants and both were excellent with my favorite the Bangkok Trading Post downstairs. Nice and casual with great deli food and a vibrant buzz with what seemed like lots of customers who live in the area. I think they can definitely improve their room service though, I was not a big fan of the delivery times or menu but think this will get better as time goes by. I took my wife to the restaurant on the top, outstanding Thai fusion food--very hard to get this right in Bangkok! I had the lobster dish which was excellent--twice!!
The soi (street) the hotel is on is a bit funky but for me it was a plus as it is set back a bit from the craziness of Sukhumvit. There are also some interesting shops on that street.
I can definitely recommend this hotel if you want something smaller and more personalized, by the end of our trip many of the staff knew our names and were eager to please. We are now looking forward to visiting their hotel in Chiang Mai, constantly rated as one of the top boutique hotels in the world!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JPH888

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at 137 Pillars Suites with your family during your latest visit to Bangkok, and for your excellent review of your experience with us!

I am especially happy to learn that you found our service levels so professional, it reflects greatly on the passion of our fantastic HR and Training department, as well as on the great attitude of all our colleagues, and it will be a true pleasure to share your feedback with the entire team!

Your comments regarding your restaurant experiences are also very well received, and I am sure they will inspire our Food & Beverage department to continue, and indeed improve on, the high standards they have shown so far.

Again, thank you for your excellent review, and rest assured that we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to 137 Pillars Suites in Bangkok on your way to and/or from your upcoming visit to the award-winning 137 Pillars House in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Spent three nights here recently. I can say that without hesitation, the 137 Pillars is one of the best hotels in Thailand for the business traveler, the discerning leisure traveler, and the honeymooners. I have stayed at almost every five-star hotel in Bangkok and this is the best of the bunch. The design is stunning, the service is impeccable and the rooms are very comfortable in an understated, elegant sort of way. I also had the pleasure of eating in all of their restaurants and found the quality to be outstanding. As for its location, it is a few blocks off the busy Sukhumvit Road which means that it is very quiet. The area is also very safe and the hotel is in easy walking distance to some great restaurants (especially Beruit, our favorite Lebanese restaarant in Bangkok). All in all, the 137 Pillars is a great hotel (and residence), and I would not hesitate to return

Room tip: Rooms facing west have great views (they all do, actually).
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bangkokmangoman

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing 137 Pillars Suites & Residences as your favourite hotel in Bangkok, and for sharing your experience with us!

The team and I are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you found everything, from design, facilities and services, to our quiet yet central location, exceeding expectations.

We are all very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back home many more times!