I have stayed in the Ramkhamhaeng area 5 times now, using 4 different hotels. This is more of a guest house really. of the 4, this one ranks the lowest, and is no cheaper, if not more expensive than the others. (see my reviews). We stayed here 6 nights.
I checked out this hotel on my last visit. the rooms they showed me then were certainly NOT the rooms I got this time!
The first room we took was the 900 baht a night room. It smelt awful. It was dark. The furniture worn. The fridge had black mould around the seals. There was no room safe for my passport. We changed rooms in about 5 minutes.
I paid the extra 500 baht (1500 baht a night) and got the larger room. It has a bedroom and a very large lounge type area. It is very basic. Not really worth the money. The annoying thing here was when you took your key out of the power unit and the power tuned off, the fridge also turned off... not good in bangkok heat.
The bed is kind of hard, the shower pressure kind of crummy, the nozzle kept twisting sideways and u had to keep turning it back, the couch was too small. You notice these things over a 6 night stay.
Staff. Friendly... i guess. They never really acknowledged us as we walked through reception so I cannot be 100% sure.
Breakfast: I tried it for one morning. Really, don't bother.
Overall the place is just plain average. Why so many people rate this so highly is a mystery to me.
*It is quiet
*has some green patch out the front
* 30 metres to Ramkhamheang road
*close to shopping mall, street markets, movies cinema, food places
* Easy to get taxis and buses
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 50 rooms of contemporary design and hi-technology provide a sophisticated experience for both leisure and business travellers. Guests can stay connected to the world with our wireless Internet access in all rooms. And at the end of a great day enjoy a night of blissful sleep on our exclusive bed. We're just 15 minutes away from the International airport and is located near one of the best night markets in Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your JL Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jl Bangkok Hotel Bangkok