Thong Ta Resort
US$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$103
US$197
US$134
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$175
US$638
US$558
Hotels.com
1,038 results
All reviewsfree shuttlesuvarnabhumi airportnear airportwake up callhotel reptransit hotelno liftmain buildingtriple roomshort stayfree breakfastsmall balconyfree waternight markettaxi driverbahtwi
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Close to airport with free airport pickup/dropoff. Its nice if you dont have to spend too much time in the city and relax. Complimentary breakfast included. Very nice resort type atmosphere if you just want to chill. The towels were shaped like a flower. To get to the city take the shuttle back to the airport then the express train for 35 baht. Not really anything walking distance outside. My flight arrived after 1am so I just stayed here for the night then went somewhere in the city centre in the morning. The email address they gave me thru hostelbookers was undeliverable so I had to find their website and email them directly. Somebody is waiting at the arrival area with the other hotel pickups anyway so I probably didnt need the hotel to confirm pickup.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is by no means a fancy hotel, but for the price, it's excellent value. A pretty decent breakfast was even included. The free transfers to and from the airport were prompt, and the rooms were more than adequate for a one night stay. The hotel is close to some food stalls, cheap restaurants and convenience stores, but obviously far from central Bangkok since it's so close to the airport. I wouldn't really recommend staying there for more than a couple of nights, but if you have a layover in Bangkok, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diyab
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Big, clean-enough rooms, I've stayed here 3 or 4 times when wanting to catch an early flight out of Bangkok. No bathtub and shower curtain is a bit moldy but overall very clean and comfortable. No elevator so if you have a lot of luggage and are staying on a higher level, it's a workout. Friendly and helpful staff.
A note: There are 'side rooms' that they tried putting me in last time. These rooms are considerably 'smaller' and dingier looking but I just asked to be in the building and they moved me. However if you don't want to climb stairs, these rooms might be a better option for you. Includes a simple western style breakfast in the morning. I will keep using this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erica S
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I discovered this hotel a couple of years ago after my late night flight was cancelled at the last minute and moved to the next morning. Since then, I have returned to this hotel three times and plan to go back this year.

There are several reasons for my continued use of this hotel: firstly, the price - this hotel is less than one thousand Baht including complimentary breakfast (the breakfast is the standard egg, ham, toast and tea/coffee. It's not 5 star, but when you are on the run to the airport it's sufficient) Secondly, the free airport transfer to and from the airport. Go to the 2nd floor, exit 4 at Suvarnabhumi airport to pick up the free mini-bus. When you are arriving late at the airport, or have to fly out early it is great not to have the hassle and added expensive of taxis. Lastly, I have stayed on different floors on each visit and had no complaints about the rooms. They are simply furnished, have air con and a TV with a good selection of channels. Some, especially the higher floors are very spacious.

As an airport hotel there are no downsides; however, if you are planning on more than a short nights stay I would recommend finding a hotel closer to Bangkok centre. There is not much close to the hotel in the way of entertainment or restaurants, but there is a 7-11 five minutes away if you fancy a snack or a drink. I haven't had any problems getting some sleep, but remember with any airport hotel people will be coming and going 24 hours a day.

So, if you arrive late at Survarnbhumi and need somewhere to sleep before an early morning flight this is good choice for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BeammeupScotty_75
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Fast check in and check out at the reception

mosquitos appeared in the hotel

Room was big. Two complimentary bottled waters.

towels were shabby. Towels were in grey color I guess, otherwise, it was dirty. See the attached photos

Shower in bathroom was weak and water temperature could merely reach the lukewarm to warm level.

Mattress pad was dirty. And I found two dirty spots on the bedsheeting. (see attached photos)

Air conditioner appeared a minor noisy during the fan was on.

I have made an early room request for a quiet room at higher floor and away from stairs. But they failed to meet my request.

We got second floor nearby the stairs. During the night time, I still could hear the people walking and talking along the corridor outside of my room.

There is no elevator available at this hotel.
A serviceman helped us to carry the luggages up to the room but we had to carry them down when we checked out.

They forgot to give us a wake-up call next morning we made a request while checking in.

Breakfast was okay.

Receptionists are nice and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple