“Great budget hotel!”

Ranked #489 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“Great budget hotel!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is small but very nice hotel located in a really good and quiet place close to BTS and MRT. We came by car and they had a parking place, which, trust me, is not so easy to get in the center of Bangkok for such a good price!
Staff was nice and helpful, good speaking english and provided us with all necessary information we needed.
Room clean, big enough for two people. Free WiFi in the room and it was working really fast.
We wanted to extend our stay for two more days, but the hotel was fully booked so they offered us a good deal with their partner hotel. We got a good price and breakfast included.
We asked to leave our car by the hotel for some more days and never had any problems with it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The hotel is clean, and staff very friendly. I stayed 3 nights, and aftre that I went to Myanmar, leaving a part of ma luggge in the hotel. On returning the luggage was already set in my room. The rooms are small, but there is everything what one needs. There is only short way to the BST station. Location is also excellent for the night life admirer. Soi Cowboy, with many bars and clubs, is just a short walking distance away. And the price is very acceptable. This hotel can be recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in the yard, so the place is not known to the taxi drivers. The only way is to...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I made a room booking way back in November 2011 for my scheduled trip in March 2012. That's (4) four months of advance booking. Darjelling Boutique Hotel confirmed my booking of 6 nights at THB1100 per night for a Deluxe Room and advised "payment at hotel upon arrival". Booking deposit was never requested from me. One week prior to my trip in March 2012, I reconfirmed my booking with the hotel and they promptly replied with "look forward to seeing you". Sounds good, unfortunately it ends here.

When I arrived on my check-in date I got a rude surprise. The reception told me the room for the first night of my booking is not available, instead they have made a booking for me in another hotel nearby for the first night. I was told "the other hotel is better, same rate that we offer but inclusive of breakfast". Can you believe that!!! I actually have to get the reception to repeat what he had said. That's not the kind of Thai hospitality that I have known. I am tired, wet (it was raining) and just wanna check-in and rest. Not in the mood for this. I requested to see the manager and was told "manager is on away on vacation". Hmmm.... coward manager leaving a mess to the poor receptionist. On questioning further I found out they gave my room away to someone who had paid deposit. So it is my fault ? Let me reiterate that the hotel never requested any deposit from me. I also found out that I am not the only victim - there is another guest whose booking is also affected and the reception was worrying how to break the news to the other guest.

Anyway, I was tired and had no choice but went to the other hotel, supposedly for a night. I never came back to this hotel of horror.

Room Tip: None, bad experience will never come back.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarinAsh

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I paid just 1100 Baht per night for the Darjelling Boutique Hotel in November 2011. My review is on a "value-for-money" basis. So, I'm not judging it against a four-star or five-star hotel, which is a ridiculous comparison.

The hotel is solid value at this price, offering relatively modern rooms in a convenient yet quiet location. The rooms provide a double bed, in-room safe, shower over bath; free wi-fi, airconditioning, flat-screen television, storage, desk with comfortable chair for using laptop. The hotel is serviced by an elevator. It is advertised as having a pool, but I looked at it and I would suggest that you assess this hotel as being one without a pool. It just isn't a practical option.

Staff are great there, special thanks to "Chang" for all his assistance and friendly personality. The only downside was that the cleaning staff forgot to replenish some bathroom items, and generally seemed to do a "quick clean" of the room.

The Darjelling Boutique Hotel is just 50 metres from Sukhumvit Road, and around 100 metres from the Asoke BTS overpass. The new Terminal 21 shopping mall is a five-ten minute walk away. Taxi drivers will find it tricky to locate the hotel, as it is 'hidden' behind an apartment building. TIP: Enter via Soi 18, then IMMEDIATELY take the first right (only 10-15 metres after you turn into Soi 18 from the intersection) to enter a condo building called "Citi Condo" or similar to that. The Darjelling is located in a nook behind the condo building, just look for the distinctive green front of the hotel as you turn right.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank The_Made_Guy
England
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Darjelling Hotel for 2 nights in March this year before we moved on to the islands. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the hotel based on the price. Very modern, very clean little hotel with pleasant staff. Great location on Sukumvit really close to shops and bars, also the new Terminal 21 showing centre. Also really close to BTS station so easy access to Siam and MBK etc. Despite its busy location it is set back from the road and you cant hear any of the traffic noise. Would definately stop here again and would reccommend it to anyone travelling on a limited budget but still likes a good standard of room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Best part of the hotel is its location @ sukhumvit near soi 18. We could use the airport-city metro to commute. Its just a stone's throw from the sukhumvit metro station, although tucked away from the regular city chaos. The room was a bit smallish... although very comfy. No view from the room.. cant expect that.. It had almost every convenience.. The staff was also very helpful and courteous.
The aircon leaked one day.. but that was fixed. Otherwise, the stay was pleasant

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Room Tip: The rooms are cozy. Dont expect any great view from the window. The hotel is very functional, and ex...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The location on Sukhumvit is optimal, with quick and easy access to both the skytrain and the subway. The hotel is set back from the road, insulating you from the sounds of morning traffic. Our room was spacious and clean with a big bright window and a large window into the shower. The shower could have been better constructed, and it seemed a drain was put in the floor for a reason. No breakfast, though morning hawkers can easily be found on your walk to the skytrain. All told, a pleasant experience and if I were to stay on Sukhumvit again, I would stay here.

• Stayed February 2012