Oasis Inn Bangkok Hotel
Tara Place(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$162
US$145
All reviewsbumrungrad hospitalshort walkstreet foodper nightstay there againsoisinkkitchenettecupboardfloorasiabts
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed two nights here during medical treatment at Bumrungrad Hospital as an outpatient. Cheapest rooms are US$20 or so cheaper than the hospital's own residences, and the Oasis feels much more like a house than an institution. Room (mine was a Standard) was clean, spacious and with OK facilities. Breakfast was a US$4 option and was pretty basic - cornflakes, toast and water melon. OK if you just want a quick fuel stop before starting the day. An Elefin coffee shop is just round the corner if you want something more sophisticated. There are some good eating places within a few minutes walk and the hotel is also a short walk to Ploen Chit BTS station.

Overall I would recommend this place for those needing somewhere close to the hospital.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Clan_Macqueen
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Two nights stay here at the Oasis Inn. Staff very friendly and could speak English. I ask several times for directions and information and they always were happy to help. Room are decorated very cute. Rooms are big (mine 4C). If you have mobility issues they do have at least one room down stairs. The rest of the rooms up must climb stairs. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was nice size and shower was big. The room had a fridge with water and drinks in them and a little mini bar on the top containing chips to purchase. There is also a nice size couch in the room that seem comfy.
The only negative that I had while during my stay was the room and the common areas had a lot of mosquito's. The other down fall was the wifi was only offered in the common areas. I knew this before I book though. I felt really bad having to go to the lobby during night hours when people were sleeping in the rooms downstairs to call back to the US. I tried to stay very quite but I sure that they could hear me.
I highly recommend this inn. If you need to be a Bumrungrad hospital this is a perfect location. There is a star bucks, McDonalds and some other good resteraunts located inside the hospital. Breakfast was offered but not sufficient for me. Coffee, tea fruit and toast were offered which were very nice. I just need protein to start my morning but did enjoy the fruit.
I did try both ways of transportation to and from the airport. Both have pros and cons. Arriving at the airport I took the airport express to Phaya Thai which cost 45 bht. Then you must switch over to the BTS system and go to Phloem Chit (plat form 1). When exiting Phloem Chit go out exit C. This will cost you 25bht. The pros if during rush hour you will go much quicker through the city. The cons if you have lots of luggage most stations you must carry the luggage down and depending which entrance you come in you might have to carry the luggage up. My other con with this way- I came in late (during dark) and did not have a clue where I needed to go. There are signs to Bumrungrad Hospital but I found them hard to see even if the daylight. As soon as you cross over the second road start looking for the sign for the hospital. You will also see a big sign that will say Haven Inn. You will turn to the left and go up the street (several minute walk). When you see the seven eleven on the right turn on this side street. It will dead end and you must turn right/left. Turn left and go around the bend the Oasis Inn is located on your left.
If you want to take a taxi it will cost around 380bht. I paid the extra to do the airport express. I would imagine if you don't it will take you more time. But I don't know this for sure. When I checked out. I walked down to Bumrungrad hospital which is maybe 50 meters and got a taxi there. Lots of taxi's are coming and going.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank farmngal
Reviewed March 10, 2012

In a quiet, repeat quiet, enclave which is really something in this city. You can get to Bumrungrad in about one minute. About 5 minutes to Ploen Chit on the sky train, which is a couple of stops from the intersection with the Metro in one direction and from the intersection with the other Skytrain line if you go in the other direction. Also, you can walk to the klong (canal) and catch a boat in 2/3 minutes. So it's very convenient. Nice staff, Thai and fareng. No hidden charges. Rooms are small but have everything you want.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lollywillowes
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed for one night, nice comfortable room, very nice bathroom. Only drawback, would be breakfast which good could of better quality.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AnneLuce
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Conveniently located just off of Sukhumvit Soi 1, it is a short walk to the Skytrain and loads of local street food. We brought street food in every day and sat on the patio to eat. The staff is really helpful and friendly, it is a family owned place. We had the economy room which was small but had great a/c, a nice strong shower, and a comfortable bed. I had to spend a few days in it after spraining my ankle and was happy to discover a few movie channels on the television. My only complaint is that our room was on the ground floor so you could here people in the lobby in the morning. Otherwise it was great!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms as there are different ones and choose to be above the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple