“Slanted Taco/Craft Brew”

Slanted Taco
Ranked #1,185 of 11,965 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Fresh From Scratch, Homemade With Pride And Passion. Inspired By A South Beach, Miami Vibe, Slanted Taco Is An Authentic Mexican Cantina In A Lively Fun-filled Environment. "simple Mexican Food Made Simply Great." The Mexican Food Is Based On Chef Jorge's Authentic, From Scratch Cooking Style And Homemade Philosophy. You Will Never See A Can Or A Jar Of Anything Pre-made In Our Kitchen.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I originally went in here after seeing the massive range of imported beers, when I was given a menu I noticed the Mexican restaurant, Slanted Tacos sharing the same site. This a bright and well run establishment with prompt good service.
The range of imported beers is quite exceptional, I even found an obscure beer from England and ordered it, it was perfect and stood the journey well.
I also had a selection of Mexican food which was of the highest quality and well presented.
Everything was good and not too expensive, although imported beer carries a lot of tax so I expected to pay a lot for that.
Overall a nice location, lots of beers, and a good, inexpensive Mexican menu.

Management response:Responded 13 July 2017

Hi Misterlobert,

Thanks for your great review of Slanted Taco and our sister store, Craft, with 40 taps of craft beer.

We are happy you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Thought I would add, we also have Whisgars, Asia's best whisky and cigar bar, and Little Wine Bar here at the same location. Something for everyone!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Great almost authentic Mexican food and equally good drinks.
It's a very small restaurant, so make a reservation in advance.

Try the Pork tacos!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent Mexican food in Bangkok! I don't know how more authentic you can get without having Mama turning out tortillas in the kitchen. But, this place started with amigos chefs and they certainly trained these Thai chef what Mexican food is all about. The food is piping hot and delicious. Coming from the great American Southwest with family both sides of the border I have to say Slanted Taco is my kind of place for caliente Mexican​ food.

Hi James,

Thanks for your great review. We really appreciate it.

We do take our authentic Mexican food seriously. Most of us lived in Southern California and we have a passion for great tacos. My first international "street food" was a carne asada taco in Tijuana!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I tried the tacos at this place. I was hungry so I was willing to eat something fine. I ordered the tacos and it was quite a disappointment. The beer was good, but that was import. The location is good, you can sit outside, and that makes the things fine. But the tacos are really NOT good.

Hi,

Thanks for giving us your feedback.

I would love to get more information about your experience. I'm surprised, since most of the feedback we receive about our tacos is extremely positive.

If you are wiling, please shoot me an email at info@slantedtaco.com so I can learn more.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I will start out by saying I have had many tacos in my life, throughout the world so my standards might be a bit higher. I went here for dinner as I was in the area and remembered seeing this place and the good reviews. Being one to never turn down a good taco figured I would give it a shot.

The staff and service was great, but the food was a let down considering the reviews.

Started with the chips and "queso" they bring you. The chips were decent and the queso super hot. The issues was the queso went from super hot to cold and hard rather quickly, and had no flavor whatsoever. It was almost like a yellow flavorless gravy.

I then decided one the taco's and had the chicken, beef, and chorizo. The chicken was beyond dried out, and chorizo was not chorizo. It was more like a ground beef with some kind of taco seasoning. The beef was decent but had no flavor, same as the dry chicken. Then to top it off they put that fake cheese sauce on the tacos that takes any other flavor away.

I wanted this place to be good but just didn't have a real Mexican flavor to it. I don't think I will be back, anytime soon but try it for yourself.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to review us...

However, I don't think the review is fair or accurate.

You said the queso was very hot when served... physical laws (like the thermodynamics involved in hot items cooling to room temperature) are simply beyond our control... If we served it cold, then bad on us... but from your own comments that isn't what happened.

Our tacos do not have ANY kind of cheese sauce on them at all. Never have, never will.

Finally, just look at the number of reviews here praising our tacos... even customers from Mexico and southern California love them... I guess it is true that you can't please everybody.

Been to Slanted Taco? Share your experiences!