Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel
Trip.com
US$152
US$146
Cancelon
All reviewshua lamphong stationtop floorthe main train stationfree soap and shampoofree earplugsfiltered watershared showers and toiletswalls are a bit thinfree coffee and teafan roomquiet neighborhoodminute walkclean roomssmall kitchenstayed longerstayed nightsthe river
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This place is very good place to stay with warm and quiet area to relax...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank cozy1001
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I found this place solely by reading the feedback other travellers had left of this place. And all my expectations were positively matched! This is a hostel but in fact it is more. It is a home. The owners treat you with utmost respect and flexibilty. They help you with any concern or question you might have. I was also able to change rooms as my air-con broke down. All of this was organised with a smile. In addition, everything around the place is spotless clean and the rooms incredibly cozy. No wonder this is the coziest place of BKK!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank vespa78
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The decor is great, bright and warm. The location is within a short walking distance from the train station (and the metro), which is great if you want to take an early morning start outside of Bangkok. The hostel itself seemed almost vacant, and if the hostel had many guests, we neither saw nor heard them. Quite spacious and VERY clean for Bangkok. It was out of the main chaos of Bangkok, so it was very quiet. If you are looking for a busy backpackers, this place is not for you. If you are looking for a clean spot to relax and sleep, I recommend Cozy Place highly. The top floor is open air with lovely chairs to sit out and read, and there was a lot of green around so you feel like you have escaped the craziness of the city. All staff members were very helpful in offering directions when we asked the best way to access the airport. We were very pleased overall.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kaydily
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed at the Cozy for five nights, end of February. I judge a place by the following;connectivity, cleanliness, friendly staff, extras. I stayed in a single room which was a little stuffy and very tiny but for 300 bht-a good deal.
The staff was friendly and efficient-the lady who sits at the reception in the evening (short hair, dont know her name) was very friendly. On my first night, I couldn't sleep all night long because there were bedbugs in my bed. I slept on the floor that night but complained to the owner the next day. She immediately had everything changed and I didn't have any further trouble. The bed was very comfortable for a budget hostel.
The bathrooms are clean and supply you with shampoo, soap, clean towels. Downstairs, you can do your laundry in the washing machine for a few bht and drink free tea and coffee served by the hostel.
Cozy is well connected with the subway (just a five minute walk)-this was one of the deciding factors to book the hostel. I used to spend my entire day sight seeing or shopping and the subway definetely saved me money. However when I visited Khao Suan on two occasions, I had to take a taxi as it is not connected (you can take the bus but Bangkok buses are very crowded)
In a nutshell, its good value for money but avoid it if you want a more lively neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank wildeyedgirl
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was a good stay. We chose the lovebirds rooms, which was situated on the top floor. Room was nice and clean, with showers and toilets located just outside our room. Open balcony on top floor, good kitchen and eating area, and 2 computers with cheap internet access.10 min walk to hualampong train station. Overall, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple