All reviews other guests room was clean the river alleyway varca noise location
Reviewed May 28, 2018

I think the room and location was awesome. Slightly odd to get to as its a little alley way but its on the river. However! The main attracting point of the hotel is the fact they have this lovely restauarant/chill out zone on the river. I tried to enjoy a coffee in it but the staff put me off. I mean why do you have 5 waitresses for 1 guest and they are all sitting on their phones or staring at you? It was awkward. I tried again in the evening to enjoy their restaurant but they were literally blaring this loud obnoxious Thai music. There was only 2 other guests sat together in the whole place (and 6 waitresses of course playing with their phones serving no purpose)..I politely asked the staff if they could turn the music down to a reasonable level...they said no because the guest requested the music? I said yes but I am a paying guest too! So can't we comprimise and just turn it down a bit? The speaker had been pushed literally next to the guests table..it was all very strange. They still refused. In fact, I swear they turned it louder but they denied it when I asked them. So I asked front desk staff...they said no. So i had to take my book and my drink I had ordered up to my room...thats how loud and awful the music was. The next day I told the manager what happened. She said: Oh that lady she is crazy and she apologized. I'm not sure if I will stay there again but its a shame because the room and location was lovely.

Room Tip: get a room with a river view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I recently visited this hotel a couple of times. not to stay but to sit on the balcony over the river and watch the locals and tourists alike on the water meanwhile having lunch and a glass or two. We caught a water bus with a orange flag and alighted at number N13 stop, walked down the alleyway onto the main road, turned left and walked past the white fort "Mahakan Fort" turned left and crossed over the small bridge and turned left down the first road. At first you will wonder where you are going but go straight down to the river and I mean to the river, till you can go no further and there you will find the V VAREE Hotel.
The food was delicious and the drinks cold and best of all the sights and sounds of local life are right there. The staff were very friendly and I would certainly recommend this place for lunch

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 4 nights in February, we wanted somewhere quite central where we could walk to the local attractions.

The hotel was clean & tidy but we only had 1 room clean in the 4 night stay we were there, we also had to purchase our own toilet roll as nothing was replaced.

Our shower also blocked during the 4 night stay but once we told reception they were quick enough to sort it for us.

The walls and ceilings are paper thin and you can hear everything including the long tail boats on the river which did make it hard to sleep at times.

Overall the place was value for money and was exactly what we wanted. The plugs next to the bed also had 2 USB ports and were universal so there was no need for travel adaptors.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my friend as we are backpacking and we needed somewhere to touch base in Bangkok. We found this hotel to have a great location and was relatively easy to find. The hotel itself was clean and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and helped us when booking a trip to the floating market. The only negative points I would say is that the room didn’t get cleaned at all while we was there (we stayed for 4 nights) and the walls and ceiling are paper thin so you can hear every slight movement from the room above which made it hard to sleep at times. Overall I think the hotel was just what we needed and I would definitely stay here again! Thanks V Varee :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We were originally booked in to the sister hostel of Vvaree called Sleep tight hostel, but a day before our arrival in Bangkok we were told of a change to V Varee- so therefore knew nothing about the hotel.
We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, well equipped, with free water in the rooms as well as a mini bar and pots of noddles, and comfortable.
Being Slightly off the main road, we were a bit concerned but it turned out to be perfect, as it’s a nice escape after a day in the busy city.
Staff were all really helpful and lovely too which is always nice.
Very strange, but the small alley way/ street floods during the day.. only about 3 inches high or so, but enough to ruin trainers so we just took flip flops with us.
Overall a really lovely hotel

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple