“Amazing hosts!”

Siamese Cookery House
More attraction details
Owner description: Siamese Cookery House was opened by Goong, Non and Nam, formerly of Silom Thai Cooking School. The trio opened their cooking school in a 100 year old house in a local neighborhood in Bangkok and have brought the same passion, warmth, and fun to their smaller and cozier cooking school. They have pledged to donate a portion of their sales to help the local neighborhood children and love to show students around the neighborhood during the local market tour. Students will buy fresh ingredients, then learn about local spices before making their favorite Thai dishes under the guidance of these professional teachers. Come and learn more about Thai food today at Siamese Cookery House!
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I spent the morning at this course and we couldn’t recommend it enough. The traffic made us late getting there and then a little lost and the hosts did everything they could to help find us.
The cooking was so much fun and the teacher made us laugh a lot while teaching us a lot too!
A must if you are in Bangkok! A great deal as well- go with empty stomachs!

All reviews
"market visit"
in 5 reviews
"tom yum"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this cooking school"
"cookery school"
"morning class"
"red curry"
"learned how"

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I was so impressed with this cooking class. Going in I did not know what to expect but I ended up enjoying myself to the max. We started at a wet market, where we were given a tour of Thai vegetables and gathered our own ingredients to cook popular Thai dishes. Learned how to make all the dishes from scratch, including the paste for green curry Was so informative and of course the best part is Nam is such a wonderful teacher and cook and her little cooking house is a delight

2  Thank Christy L
Reviewed April 4, 2018

It was a lovely experience, the cooking school is decorated in a traditional Thai way, not too many and not too less seats, love it this way. We interacted with everyone and really enjoyed the class. Teacher Goong was so nice and also taught each dish in a very interactive and interesting manner. This hands-on experience has been the most amazing one. The food tasted as good as it looked. I personally loved the padthai, the picture clearly shows how beautiful that is. Teacher Goong, you are so good, we will surely visit you when we visit Bangkok in the future.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You will really enjoy the beauty and the atmosphere here :)

2  Thank jess04092017
Reviewed April 3, 2018

If you like thai food then you need to try this cooking class. I was there with my friends and we had a blast! Our teacher Khun Nam was amazing I couldn't recommend her enough. Take your family friends there you will learn how easy it is to cook your favourite thai dish at home. Enjoy!

1  Thank ps_nathalie
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I knew it was going to be a good day from the moment Nam came up to pick us up from the MRT station, Carrying two ultra cute wicker shopping baskets and a massive smile she guided us through the market, making sure we were sustainable and did not use any plastic bags. I have a done a few cooking classes before in Thailand and I got confused and wasn't provided with the tools to recreate the dishes. This is not the case with Siamese Cookery House. Some of favourite dishes were taught so simply with the chef's individual take on them. I'm so glad I can now leave Thailand actually able to make delicious Thai dishes. Such a great experience at a beautifully designed venue with fun and creatiev chefs!

1  Thank Arabella H