“Amazing hosts!”

Siamese Cookery House
Ranked #13 of 103 Classes & Workshops in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Siamese Cookery House was opened by Goong, Non and Nam, formerly of Silom Thai Cooking School. The trio opened their cooking school in a 100 year old house in a local neighborhood in Bangkok and have brought the same passion, warmth, and fun to their smaller and cozier cooking school. They have pledged to donate a portion of their sales to help the local neighborhood children and love to show students around the neighborhood during the local market tour. Students will buy fresh ingredients, then learn about local spices before making their favorite Thai dishes under the guidance of these professional teachers. Come and learn more about Thai food today at Siamese Cookery House!
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I spent the morning at this course and we couldn’t recommend it enough. The traffic made us late getting there and then a little lost and the hosts did everything they could to help find us.
The cooking was so much fun and the teacher made us laugh a lot while teaching us a lot too!
A must if you are in Bangkok! A great deal as well- go with empty stomachs!

All reviews
"highly recommend this cooking class"
"cookery school"
in 5 reviews
"mango sticky rice"
"amazing experience"

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I was so impressed with this cooking class. Going in I did not know what to expect but I ended up enjoying myself to the max. We started at a wet market, where we were given a tour of Thai vegetables and gathered our own ingredients to cook popular Thai dishes. Learned how to make all the dishes from scratch, including the paste for green curry Was so informative and of course the best part is Nam is such a wonderful teacher and cook and her little cooking house is a delight

2  Thank Christy L
Reviewed April 3, 2018

If you like thai food then you need to try this cooking class. I was there with my friends and we had a blast! Our teacher Khun Nam was amazing I couldn't recommend her enough. Take your family friends there you will learn how easy it is to cook your favourite thai dish at home. Enjoy!

1  Thank ps_nathalie
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I knew it was going to be a good day from the moment Nam came up to pick us up from the MRT station, Carrying two ultra cute wicker shopping baskets and a massive smile she guided us through the market, making sure we were sustainable and did not use any plastic bags. I have a done a few cooking classes before in Thailand and I got confused and wasn't provided with the tools to recreate the dishes. This is not the case with Siamese Cookery House. Some of favourite dishes were taught so simply with the chef's individual take on them. I'm so glad I can now leave Thailand actually able to make delicious Thai dishes. Such a great experience at a beautifully designed venue with fun and creatiev chefs!

1  Thank Arabella H
See more reviews
Reviewed April 2, 2018

To be honest, I' already know how to cook Thai cuisine. However, my friend insisted me to join the class with him.
I was expecting a normal class, until I met Teacher non and Goong. Both of the teachers are very friendly!!! They notice that I have some foundation of Thai cuisine, so instead they teach me secret tips of cooking techniques. I never thought I would get to learn more. The class duration is perfect, not too long nor short that it would kept you bored. They explain the ingredients, spices, and condiments quite perfectly to the point that I'm impressed. And What I love the most is their enthusiasm on food.
All in All, Fun and quite relaxing. I recommend anyone who want a new cooking experience.

1  Thank Suadao P