US$141
US$145
US$91
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$121
US$445
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$493/night.

3,623 results
All reviewsclub millesimeprestige suitevoila restaurantbose sound systemhermes toiletriesclub roomluxury roomrooftop barevening cocktailsmacaroonsplatinum membercorner roompillow menumain restauranttop floornana btsterminal mall
Reviewed January 30, 2016 via mobile

Pure luxury! My room had a bath, a view of lumpini park, super comfortable bed... Superb!
The pool was huge, plenty of room. Also there was a small pool area with water falls where you could sit in a pool hammock/chair and let to water cascade onto you.
Booking a room with breakfast included is a must. The selection was amazing.
Overall I didn't want to leave! So I've rebooked to go back in May 2016. Happy :)

Great location, just a short walk from 'nana' skytrain station.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
William J, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Dear Paul T,
Thank you so much for describing Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit as “Purely Luxury” since this is exactly what we strive for. We are more than happy that our property perfectly met your requirements to the point of rebooking in May! It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in a few months to experience again our delicious breakfast in Voila, tranquil swimming pool and luxury rooms. Thank you so much for your kind review, we look forward to seeing you again for another pure luxury stay.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 29, 2016

Our room was fully furnished and equipped being on the 9 th floor it had good views and the package included breakfast.
The staff were both helpful and friendly including a 24 hour room service with a smile.

Room Tip: the upper floors have the quieter rooms
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Ronwparker,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate it.
All our Ambassadors are very focused on delivering a perfect and attentive service to all our guests, and I am thrilled you enjoyed it.
Should your travels bring you back to Bangkok, we would be more than happy to welcome you again at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2016

Stayed at this hotel on many occasions. The room is clean and big, the bed is comfortable bedding is lovely and white with a large comfortable pillows. The bathroom is nice and large with lovely products. lovely large bath. Great location, near bars and restaurants. would stay again

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Graham_and_Susan414,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. We are pleased that you particularly enjoyed our room amenities and convenient location.
Thank you also for your loyalty and recommendation. We wish to welcome you back very soon, best regards, William Haandrikman

Reviewed January 28, 2016

The hotel is truly 5 star. When you step into the hotel from the crowds, heat and excitement of the Sukhumvit area, you are in an oasis of calmness and a fantastic hotel. The rooms are modern, comfortable and have every amenity. The buffet breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have an early flight they will prepare a box breakfast for you to take with you.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Dear MLK2000,
Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate how you describe Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit as an “oasis of calmness” in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Sukhumvit area.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon to spend another fantastic stay with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2016

Booked a luxury room with better space and access to club millesime for six nights from January 12th.. Check in on 31st floor were the club is located was a nice experience, polite and I felt welcome to the hotel. Room looked nice, a luxury room with better space. However, room are a little worn out and the placement of the room, on 29th floor right beside elevators, was not the best. I heard the ding-dong from elevators almost as they are right beside me, yes really! Reason is a no functionally sound proofing on the doors. I think it would helped to do something with the door because when door is closed you see the light from the outside. I complained about this and got another room on 18th floor, room 1810, it was not near the elevator and therefore not any ding-dong noise. However, what they failed to tell me is that the neighbor hotel has a pool party from about 4 pm to about 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday so any relaxing evening in the comfort of the room those days was not possible. I complaint but this but the only room they had was a smoking room and I had to decline because I do not smoke.
I must say tha i was disepointed because I had paid in advance for a luxury room with extra space and end up with an ordinary luxury room on a lower floor. Hotel did not offer refund for that. My thinking is that they may have a policy that hotel have enough guest anyway therefore don’t bother so much with complaining guests, not so much help from the hotel staff in that matter.

About Club millesime. Club is not quit what I expected for this kind of service. Starting with breakfast. When I go there for breakfast my first impression was "What? Is this a club lounge or? It was not so much food to see and it was not any self-served hot food like beans and bacon, you actually have to order that. Then I order bacon because I like bacon in the morning when I'm in hotel. What do I get? Old Bacon heated in s microwave oven! Give me a break Sofitel! Is this a 5 star hotel or? Please investigate about how the club lounges in other 5 star hotels in Bangkok serve breakfast in their lounge. Sofitel has really something to learn in this matter (and a few more)!
Happy hours from 5 to 7pm were also poor when you compare to other 5 star hotels. OK, they have Free evening cocktails/ drinks between 5 and 7 pm, Drinks and service is actually great, difficult to fail on drinks, but small food is more or less, compared to other 5 star Bangkok hotels, a joke.
Anyway, the hotel has also good sides, all Is not bad, not at all,

Sofitel have a top floor with s rooftop bar, or more correct a balcony bar. For me the bar and the restaurant was a pleasant experience. I had a dinner with a old friend and we suppose to dine outside on balcony but it was a little windy so I asked for table inside. Even doe the restaurant was fully booked that day they manage to find a table for us inside. Service and food was excellent I also spend some other evenings in bar, eat some small food and just relaxing. What can I say, I enjoy the atmosphere and service, like it!

Funny thing with Sofitel is that they have a little French attitude. It's a little arrogant but quit amusing also, like it. Oh, if you don't know what I mean then you don't know so much about French people, or history. Can’t explain any further...

My subjective conclusion for Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit are therfore like this.
My feelings for Sofitel it’s a little divided. Hotel has a very central location with short way to the entertainment and BTS, just 3 minutes’ walk (very important in BKK). Gym and pool area is very nice in this Hotel. I see that some guests are complaining about there is not sun in pool area whole day but I see that most guest prefer shadow... There are some issues, as described earlier, that the hotel should attend and yes the hotel is overpriced, but even doe I think I would book on this hotel again, mostly for the atmosphere and location. But , for a more quiet and more “5 star hotel experience “ were you get more for your money, I have some other options I would prefer.

Room Tip: As for quit room on high floor.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Atle H
William J, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2016

Dear Atle H,

Thank you for your detailed review.
We are pleased to read you enjoyed our Rooftop restaurant L’Appart and our Happy Hour. We are also satisfied to read you had a smooth check-in at the Club Millesime and enjoyed our swimming pool and state-of-the art gym equipment.
We regret you experienced some inconvenience in regard with your room and your breakfast at the Club Millesime. These situations do not reflect our standards for excellence and we do apologize.
We hope to welcome you again and meet all your expectations.
Sincerely Yours,