3,661 results
All reviewsclub millesimeprestige suitevoila restaurantbose sound systemhermes toiletriesclub roomluxury roomrooftop barevening cocktailsmacaroonscorner roomplatinum memberpillow menumain restauranttop floorterminal mallnana bts
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I have travelled to Bangkok many times and have always walked past the Sofitel on Sukhimvit Road. We finally decided it was worth checking out since we are always around the area making it worth while to book a room. We booked with Sofitel for the first leg of our trip and we were very impressed.

Our welcome by the staff was very warm and inviting. They showed real interest in us as people and were not just a number of the hotel.

The room was clean, spacious and well designed. The hair dryer in the room worked really well too, which is a plus for me since I didn't bring my own. The products in the bathroom were L'occitane which was a nice touch. We didn't make it to the spa but the spa is a L'occitane spa as well.

Room service was quick and proficient. We ordered the hot chocolate/cookies from their night cap menu and it was delightful (there were plenty of other choices).

During our stay at Sofitel it was also my birthday! My husband emailed reception to arrange a cake for our later in the day. It was a sweet gesture and the hotel arranged this and wow was the cake delicious. Later that night we enjoyed happy hour at the rooftop bar. The staff at the rooftop was friendly and helpful. We didn't have a booking but they arranged a table and chairs in the back for us to still enjoy the view. Later once a table opened up, they gave it to us straight away before seating anyone else.

The pool was nice, however the only negative I would say is that the drinks were inconsistent there and the drinks varied in taste by the pool.

Lastly, the breakfast buffet - AMAZING! Fresh with soo much variety. I'm drooling thinking about the breakfast now.

Overall, I would hight suggest Sofitel to anyone going to Bangkok. I can't wait to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Oliver S, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Dear Sasha S,
Thank you for your perfect review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities as well as the service received during your stay. Our ambassadors take great pride in contributing to the happiness of our valued guests and give them a memorable experience, reading such review truly warm our hearts. Please, rest assured that I will share your kind words to the team as this is the greatest reward to see that we succeeded in making you live the magnifique Sofitel experience. However, I am sorry to hear that you find the drinks inconsistent, please know that I have provided your feedback to the Food and Beverage team and actions will be taken to improve the experience of our valued guest. Thank you again for your constructive feedback and your recommendation.
I am grateful that you chose to stay with us this time and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Yours sincelery,

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival it took some time for someone to come around to check me in. However on the first night hotel left me some sweets while I was out which was nice. Room was ok, bathroom was ok and view wasn’t ideal but ok. Location was great. However housekeeping fell quite far short of expectations. On my second day after returning to the room late afternoon I walked into a room that was not cleaned. Had to call for it to be cleaned before I left for dinner. Then on my last night housekeeping didn’t refill toiletries so I had to call for more. If I needed more than usual I could understand but it was not refilled at all. Also the sweets that was left in the room was never removed/cleaned. Stayed at St. Regis about year ago and I prefer my experience there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Oliver S, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear KRNYC123 ,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this situation in regards to your room, as this does not reflect our normal high standards. Please rest assured that I have provided your feedback to the housekeeping team and action will be taken to improve the experience for our valued guests.
We do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great! Stuff is incredible, rooms and restaurants/bar, attention to detail, I do not know what else to say. Location couldn't be better, skytrain just infront, malls at a walking distance, restaurants anywhere, change at every corner.
I am just counting the days for me to go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mabsurfing,
We were thrilled to see your 5-star review! We are also pleased to read that you had a magnifique time with us during your stay and that the location made your daily journeys easier.
It was a pleasure to serve you at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit and we hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2018

I have stayed in many hotels in several countries but this hotel is the best!. The service was exceptional from the bellman-check-in-spa-pool-everyone. Got there early the room was not ready but they offered us a shower in their very nice spa, kept luggage, gave wifi and was happy to give us a room a couple hours earlier. The room was big, nice, clean and comfortable. There are very good restaurants in the hotel and even a deli/bakery if you are looking for something light instead of the huge buffet breakfast. There is also an amazing rooftop bar overlooking the entire city. The location is perfect - walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, and AirTrain. Again the service was exceptional throughout my stay...would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharonramnarine

Dear sharonramnarine,
Thank you for the kind review regarding your recent stay in our property. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit and that you felt welcome as a part of our family. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service received and everything in the hotel so far.
Please accept our apologies regarding the fact that the room was not ready when you arrived, we really hope it did not affect the overall great experience you had within our property. Thank you again for the recommendation.
I am grateful that you chose to stay with us this time and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future
Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com