“Great service, private room available”

Thon Krueng Restaurant
Ranked #697 of 14,875 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: C$11 - C$38
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thong Lo
Reviewed December 14, 2022

I visited Thon Krueng for a business dinner and found the restaurant to be great for food, service and drink.

The private room was a little cramped for the size of our party (12), but that did not impact the evening. The place had a lively welcoming atmosphere.

I will certainly return when I am next back in Bangkok.

Thanks to the staff!

Date of visit: November 2022

Reviewed December 8, 2019

Been visited Thon Kreung over 30 years, food quality is still good in standard, price is in average range. Charcoal grill fish and HorMong Curry Seafood is my all time favourite, finally end with a mango sticky rice,,,,it's always yummy.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank Pierre668
Reviewed October 17, 2019

I had read good reviews about Thon Krueng restaurant in a guide book. But the location at Soi 33 Sukhumvit proved elusive (they've possibly closed there) and after trudging all across Soi 33, a helpful taxi driver offered to drive me to its original location on Soi 49. It turned out to be a bright and lively restaurant with families enjoying themselves over dinner. An elaborate menu was offered but to a person who does not have easy access to fresh sea fish, I found the fried catfish to be something I've never tried before. Their dishes of crab and shrimps cooked in typical Thai style were exotic to my tongue. Seeing that I was a lone newcomer trying to walk his way to the nearest metro, the owner offered to drop me in the restaurant's tuk-tuk to Phrom Phong - free of cost. Any surprise why Thailand gets the most tourists in the world ?

Date of visit: October 2019
3  Thank AshokM702
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Nice place, calm, good food, not expensive
A bit remote, 20 minutes walking distance from Sukhumvit or more in a busy area

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank christophep377
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

After reading so many good reviews, we decided to celebrate a Birthday dinner there. Restaurant is spacious, clean and service is top notch.
Foodwise is actually pretty average, especially the dipping sauces are not up to the standard. Only the famous Hor Mock is pretty good and creamy.
The restaurant is packed with lots of foreigners, hardly any locals eating here. It is obvious the taste is not authentic as many claimed.
3.5 Stars for me.