“GOOD VALUE, GOOD LOCATION”

Padi Madi Guest House
Ranked #259 of 732 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Padi Madi Guest House for 5 nights. Even though the room is small but it's clean and the most important is close to Thong Lo BTS Skytrain, just around the corner. Pimmy was very helpful in taking care of our complaint about the toilet which did not working properly and sent somebody quickly to fix it, thank you so much!.

Our only suggestion to guests who would like to stay there is bring your ear plugs, the noise at night was pretty much bothering, other than that, you should give a try this Guest House.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patty E

Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have traveled to Bangkok many times and have stayed in different places. Padi Madi was a great choice. It was a good location, good price and nice people. The room is clean and safe. I was very happy with my choice. There are great options for food near by and shopping. If you want to travel anywhere, there are motor taxis, or the train just around the corner. I would definitely stay at Padi Madi on another trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank maren_17
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I got a room that smelled REALLY bad. There was a stench from the bathroom that you could smell through the whole room. Even after I checked out, when I arrived at my next hotel and took out my clothes, they still smelled. Disgusting!
Other than that, the bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely decorated. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and answered all of my questions. The hotel is right next to the Thong Lo BTS station. However, being near the main street the room was quite noisy. There was a television but only 6 channels were available, 3 of which came in clearly.
No one came in to clean my room/turn down the sheets, not once during the three nights I was there. Overall, I would recommend staying some place else. For about the same price, you can get a hotel with a swimming pool, which is nice at the end of a hot day touring Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our Thailand holiday. We enjoyed our stay here very much despite a few minor issues: mouldy bathroom, spotty power, and noise. Pluses were nice fridge, nicely decorated, fantastic location, and sweet hosts. The hosts responded to our every request and were nice for chats and recommendations. Hospitality is very important to us and considering the great price, we got more than we were expecting. We would recommend this guest house to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breaks-Fly
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The hotel is very nice and clean with comfortable beds and in a good location near the BTS skytrain station. Wifi is free and fast. We had an initial hiccup with our room as on the website it was advertised as a "Standard Double" and the room we were taken to had a large single bed with one pillow and towel, clearly not intended for two people. It was also the smallest double bed we have been presented with in 6 months of travelling in Asia.
We discussed this with the hotel and they upgraded us to a proper double room at no extra cost (the one they call superior). Please be aware of this bed size issue when you are booking. Also the hotel doesn't have an elevator if you struggle with stairs. We were on the fourth floor and traffic noise was minimal and did not disturb us at night.

Room Tip: A room higher up will prob have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank photonomads
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stayed at this place for 6 nights, the rooms are extremely clean and look just like on their website. The showers are great even though there was a lot of mould in the bathroom and the room was therefore a bit smelly. Besides that all good though. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you go there by BTS just take exit 1 and you'll get there in less than a minute. Located directly on Sukhumvit Road, it is very very loud though. I am a tight sleeper so I didn't mind that much. All in all, great value for money!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Corinna83
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Arrived at 2.30am Monday morning at the airport (intelligently without the address) and called fred who answered and helped give the taxi driver the address. Arrived and settled in quickly and effiiently.

Close to dental hospital, which is fantastically cheap compared to dental work in Australia.

• Stayed: May 2011