“4 nights at SilQ hotel”

Ranked #175 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
NYC
“4 nights at SilQ hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at the SilQ hotel in early April. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It's clean no smell of cigarette smoke in the rooms like some other hotels we stayed at. There's a wonderful little street market under the skytrain where we did our shopping before leaving. The breakfast at the hotel was great. The receptionist speaks English and was very helpful with direction.

1 Thank nagibe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
san francisco
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I had such a wonderful stay at SilQ. The location is incredibly convenient and safe...a 5 minute walk to the Asok Skytrain station, as well as the Sukhumvit MRT station. Plenty of taxis around (and they were all willing to use their meters). No pushy tuk-tuk drivers around. Citibank is right across Sukhumvit. There is also a Health Land around the corner. The staff was so friendly and professional. All I had was a large backpack, but they took it straight off my back when I walked in and carried it up to my room at check-in. The room (I stayed in 706) was nicely appointed and so clean. I thought it was very roomy. Nice, big bed and perfect pillows. Best sleep of my entire trip. Free Wi-Fi---yay! Fresh orchids in the bathroom and a bamboo plant on the desk. Good hot shower. Breakfast included a small buffet of either fried rice or noodles, fresh fruit, toast, juice and coffee, as well as something from the made-to-order menu (french toast, pancake, etc. with curried potatoes or baked beans). It was all so tasty! Because my flight out was early, I had to check-out before breakfast. I assumed I would just miss one day of breakfast, but the staff noted this when I checked in and boxed me a breakfast to go! The only thing that would make this hotel ridiculously perfect is a swimming pool. You can get a pretty good rate on their website if you book in advance. I would definitely stay here again the next time I go to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank umekyu
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We've been to Bangkok a numerous times for great spa treatments, shopping and great Thai food. We'd usually taken 3-4 day trip packages offered by SQ/TG and had previously stayed at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Sukhothai, and Banyan Tree. For this weekend trip, I did not want to spend too much so went through Tripadvisor reviews in search of very reasonable place to stay. I chanced upon great reviews on SilQ Bangkok and book 3 night stay on their website. Paid only US$310 for superior room for 3 nights (with 30% discount) and airport transfers. My husband was less than pleased with my choice as he believed in choosing hotels that are ranked in top 10 on Tripadvisor. SilQ was not even ranked top 20, so we were both rather anxious. Wow, SilQ turned out to be superbly value for money and the choice we'd definitely make again and again! It is just 3 min away from Asoke BTS station and the Bangkok's one of the most enjoyable shopping mall, Terminal 21. (Might add that our old fav, Suda Restaurant, is just another side of the station. It serves generally good Thai, including Pad Thai with prawns.) Asoke is just 3-4 stations away from major shopping area in Chit Lom/Siam which takes you back 20-25 baht one way. Our room was on 7th floor and has a very comfy bed. While some reviews pointed out small room size, we found it to be quite ok. The room felt very new. Bathroom is really clean and nicely arranged. The room was nicely cleaned every morning and 2 complimentary mini water bottles were refilled in the fridge. Nice breakfast is served on the lobby floor -- Can choose eggs with side dishes including potatoes, baked beans, ham and chicken sausages AND pancakes, roasted veg sandwiches, etc. I would have liked to have more Thai dishes, but breakfast in the bright dining room was delightful. Service staff at the hotel was quite polite and helpful. As the elevator from the ground floor goes directly to guestroom floors, we did not hear or meet other guests except for breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed the stay and will definitely go back!

(Oh, there is a small massage place called 'Reflex Place' just 2-3 building away from the hotel. Just dropped in to give our tired legs 1hr foot massage without any expectations. The place is simple and without any frills. Both of us enjoyed the massage so much so that we booked a whole body massage right there and then. Wish I could go there every weekend......)

2 Thank Bohemian2011
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

NO SWIMMING POOL!!! Made the booking after checking out tripadvisor and made the assumption that it had a roof top pool - it didn't, in fact there is no outside space at this hotel other than the car park which is a shame as the Thai weather is so nice and after a hard days shopping or siteseeing there is nothing better than relaxing for an hour or two around a pool or having a cocktail in an outside bar prior to hitting the town in the evening.Silq Hotel is in a central locaton with easy access to the skytain.
Service was Ok in the hotel, but there did seem to be a lack of staff.The security guard greeted the taxi, took the bags and then brought the cases up to the room - no concierge. Reception was efficient and I assumed did everything else as there was no seperate tour desk or money changer. It seemed to me that 'boutique' at this hotel simply meant we're really small and don't have all the facilities you would expect. The lobby was modern and stylish as were the bedrooms. However, the bedroom was small as was the bathroom with only a shower. Soap was at a premium in the room - seemed to a reluctance to give any out. The room was nicely appointed but not really big enough, which sums up the bathroom as well. The water was affected by other rooms - someone else turns on their shower, yours goes cold, adjust the temperature and it's fine, and then you scald yourself when the other room turns their shower off. Inconvenient. Small bar in the lobby (which was empty each time we walked through). Small restaurant ( which we didn't eat in).
The price was OK, the decor is modern and stylish but hotel let down by it's size and facilities. There are much better alternatives in Bangkok in similar location at similar prices
The price was OK, but felt let down by the hotel facilities

3 Thank MagicianManchesterUK
Canberra
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and used it as a starting point for day tours. Very convenient, Terminal 21 Mall at the end of the street with a cheap food level, lots of choice. Skytrain at the same location, plenty of transport for hire as well if you need it. A good starting point to explore Bangkok.
Staff were very helpful and spoke quite good English. No communication problems at all. The rooms were excellent and serviced daily. Good basic breakfast, hot and/or cold. We booked transfers to and from the airport through the hotel, and the driver of the mercedes was very professional, friendly and on-time, would recommend this option if you are flying in. When one of our tour guides failed to arrive the staff were quick to offer to ring the company and chase it up for us in Thai. Most appreciated although we did not have to take them up on the offer and managed to resolve it ourselves. They were very helpful and accommodating when my daughter slipped whilst out shopping and pulled a leg muscle, adding a half day to her room booking so she could stay there until our late afternoon pick up time to go to the airport. Two 7Elevens in the same street for drinks, etc.

Room Tip: Both the deluxe and standard rooms are good value and comfy.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here during the Thai New Year. We ended up partying with the staff the whole time in an epic water battle with the rest of Bangkok. I was a little sad to leave because of the connection we had with the staff, which many new our names. The rooms where very nice and very clean. Breakfast was always delicious, and they have a quaint little bar in the lobby. We couldn't of asked for a more perfect home to celebrate the Thai new Year. I would visit Thailand again just to experience the New Year festivities again.

• Stayed April 2012
Tacoma WA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in the Silq Hotel while traveling in Thailand. It is close to the elevated rail line, within easy walking distance to restaurants and a huge shopping mall. The service was excellent and the breakfast (included) was quite good. Accomodations were wonderful. For a reasonably priced hotel in this area, we highly recommend it,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple