US$121
US$89
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$121
US$93
US$122
US$97
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$199
US$517
US$444
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
All reviewstops supermarketwashing machinetuk tukinfinity pool is stunningbedroom unitserviced apartmentnice apartmentbts stationemporium mallmicrowave ovensteam roomsmall kitchenettelocation is greatdining tablebreakfast selectionbusiness hotelminutes walk away
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor. The experience is as good, if not better than what i experienced in Sep 2011. The staff are polite and provide good service to the guests. Check-in and check-out are fuss-free. And the apartments are very comfortable to stay in.

There are some differences in my experience this year though. I've noticed that they no longer provide toiletries in the apartment - i.e. individual packing of soap, shampoo, lotion, razor etc. Instead they use a soap/shampoo dispenser in the bathroom now, as part of going green and saving resources (and maybe cost cutting?). So when we checked in - a tray of the rest of the toiletries like bar soap, lotion, detergent, comb etc where presented to us to pick what we needed, and we had to bring it up to the apartment ourselves. I must say that this comes across as unprofessional and thoughtless, because we have our stuff to carry as well and it would have been better if they could have brought the toiletries we have selected up to our rooms instead.

Breakfast quality has also dropped from the previous year - fruits don't look that fresh and the dishes are not as tasty as before.

On a good note, we had problems with a cabdriver who brought us from Yaowarat back to Somerset via a tolled highway instead of the normal routes, jacking up the metre from the usual 99 baht to 170 baht. We managed to get one of the front desk staff to speak to him about it (as he pretended not to understand what we were saying). In the end, we only paid 100 baht for the cab fare and Somerset reimbursed us 45 baht for the highway toll. I must say that the staff dealt with the issue well - although she didn't seem very willing to assist us with the issue at first.

Overall, other than a drop in standards in a couple of areas, i must say that Somerset is still an excellent place to stay in Bangkok and we will not hestitate to come back again!

Room Tip: If you are booking a studio apartment, book the premier one. It is only a few dollars difference from the deluxe and executive one, but the space/size of the place makes a room of difference!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Orangel
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked a room for my visiting friend there and he was very pleased with the room facilities, location,service etc. its located on main Thonglor right opposite Market place , a small mall with supermarket, lots of international fast food outlets and restaurants. excellent location makes it easy accessible by taxi, skytrain.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Suresh M
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my second stay at this hotel, and the problems from last year repeated themselves. It doesn't detract from very nice rooms at an excellent value. Surprisingly, taxi drivers are not aware of this hotel and you often have to provide precise directions to get to the hotel.

Once inside, its very modern. The room furniture is very nice and pleasant, although the king-size bed seemed smaller than king-size. First little problem is that they are ultra-cheap on the bathroom amenities; bottles of hair wash/body wash attached to the wall (if you want to take a bath, you are out of luck, bring a bar of soap). Its really something you find in a cheap roadside motel, and it doesn't fit a hotel of this stature.

The other problem is that the breakfast is simply awful. If this isn't important to you, there are Starbucks everywhere and its pretty easy to find alternative food. Its strange, because the two restaurants on the ground floor (I don't know if they are affiliated) are great. The fried eggs sit in a pool of grease and the coffee is out for a while and needs to be warmed. The fruit is browning. Very disappointing.

The pool is an infinity pool looking over the edge of the 9th floor. Its really nice (but really shallow). The jacuzzi was out of order - as it was a year ago when I visited the last time.

Finally don't expect any give on the part of the management for a late checkout. A lot of the flights leave around midnight, and the best they were willing to do was to give me an extra 6 hours for half the rack room price (you can get a whole day on their website for less). Its disappointing given this is my second stay, and like last year I left with a disappointing taste in my mouth.

I really like the neighborhood for this hotel, and the kitchen in the room is well equipped with a Tops Supermarket across the street, so its an easy place to stay and relax. On the whole its a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Marc S
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Location is very convinient walk able distance from BTS station, down the street many great restaurants available and also night clubs. Centralise location and not far from silom only 10 mi. by BTS good rooms and good price

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Panky007
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Positive aspects first:

Location is great, the room is big with kitchen and washer, staff are really friendly and kind- they really make effort to have small chat with customers around. Swimming pool and gym are nice.

Negatives: cutting corners everywhere

Breakfast is pathetic. It seemed like those were cooked by inexperienced person. Minimal selection with seemingly cheapest ingredients.and cutlery and place mat- very old and scratched plastic mat- seemed sooo cheap.

Free Internet - which make u input room number and password-is soooo slow and it seemed like they want to charge you for faster connections.

The water pressure in the shower was also so pathetic I thought that there were options to phurchase higher water pressure like Internet. Amenities provider was just a soap from a plastic dispenser hung on the wall.

The bed was uncomfy and they put TV and speakers in a position without too much thought.

By the way,I arrived at the hotel at night and the staff at the reception was wearing t shirts.

I will not come back to this hotel which treats customers so miserly.

• Stayed: July 2012