All reviews tops supermarket washing machine tuk tuk thong lor infinity pool is stunning kids play room bedroom unit serviced apartment nice apartment bts station microwave oven restaurants and shops small kitchenette dining table location is great breakfast selection business hotel
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two year old son for four days three nights. We deliberately chose this place because we wanted to be close to all the funky eateries in Thonglor. It is really a good base to explore all the nice restaurants in the thonglor area. We chose a studio but a corner one and it was spacious even with a cot in the room. The room was fitted with a modern kitchenette but we didn't get to use it much but for those who wish to cook, tops supermarket is just located conveniently opposite the hotel. There are also two restaurants, one thai and one Japanese at the front of the hotel. We tried the thai restaurant and it was mighty good. Staff were friendly and remembered my son's name. The toiletries kit was presented to us at the front counter but we didn't pick any of the items as we didn't need them, but toothpaste and toothbrushes were brought to our room upon request. The toilet was clean and I appreciated that the bathtub had a side rail which my toddler could hold onto while being bathed. Wifi connection was free and relatively good. My son also enjoyed the kids playroom, which we went to twice - the room had a slide cum basketball hoop, three balls of different sizes and two plastic rocking toys. It easily occupied my toddler for at least half an hour. While the room also had two sets of junior tables and chairs, these weren't of much use as there weren't any other toys or activities that could be done at those tables. Cons: pillows were terribly soft and provided absolutely no support, the bed was on wheels and moved easily, our two key cards had constant problems with the lift access and had to be reprogrammed by the reception, breakfast wasn't great and we only ate there on the first morning, the same restaurant which serves breakfast supposedly serves lunch too but didn't seem interested in having us at all when we checked it out for lunch and so we left and headed for the thai restaurant at the front of the building.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
RM_SST, Manager at Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and explored “the-place-to-be” Thonglor during your stay!
We have also noted your feedback on breakfast, key card system and our bedding arrangement. We will look into these areas for improvement.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

From attentive staff to fully equipped rooms which include surround sound music systems, iPod/iPhone docking systems and a mini kitchen with fridge/freezer these are discreetly serviced superior apartments in a manic city. The pool area at the side of the restaurant is an area of calm even when there are a lot of people taking advantage of the facilities.
I was on short stop over in Bangkok but will not hesitate to choose this place for a longer break.

Room tip: Choose any room, I do not think that you will be disappointed. If you want discreet comfort rather than the hustle and bustle of a hotel then this has to be the place to stay.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for choosing Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor as your accommodation in Bangkok.
I have shared your compliments with my colleagues. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our facilities and service and it motivates us to do better!
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights and we had nothing but great feedback on this hotel. The concierge and front desk staff were very polite and helpful throughout our stay and our room was modern, spacious and clean. The location is pretty good as well as there's restaurants and shops around and it's about a 10 min walk from the Skytrain station.

The only minor bad feedback I have is that the shower stall didn't have a door and the side of the stall didn't extend back enough so our bathroom floor got really wet. We just ended using more towels to absorb all the water. By no means was that a deal breaker though. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just spent four nights at these serviced apartments in Bangkok. It's the second time that we have stayed there. The location is very good, in a nice cosmopolitan area. There are shops, restaurants and banks etc nearby, and a shopping centre across the road. It's a ten minute walk to the nearest BTS station (Thonglor). But the hotel has a complimentary tuk tuk service.
Rooms are large,comfortable and very well equipped with all modern technology. There is free wifi in rooms, LCD tv, with Sony entertainment centre with iPod connectivity. Large beds, armchairs, washer/drier, microwave, hob, iron, kettle are all provided. Large bathroom with bath,shower, sink and wc. Very nicely decorated.
Staff are always friendly and helpful. Rooms are cleaned daily, and towels changed.
Highly recommended. Will definitely use again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yant02134
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Rooms work well, are well designed and spacious. I had a room with full size refrigerator and even a washer dryer, not that I needed them for a 2 night stay.

The only thing that could be improved would be the breakfast. The orange juice was the cheap sweetened kind, coffee tasteless and very minimal fruit selection. Eggs are cooked to order, which is a plus. Music in the breakfast restaurant wasn't appropriate (heavy rap emenem or something like that).

Starbucks across the road is a good alternative for breakfast.

2  Thank Matthew P