The apartments are lovely and clean.Staff are helpful and accommodating. Location central to everything, shopping, markets and river cruises. Would definitely stay here on my next visit to Bangkok!!!!More
- Free Parking
The apartments are lovely and clean.Staff are helpful and accommodating. Location central to everything, shopping, markets and river cruises. Would definitely stay here on my next visit to Bangkok!!!!MoreShow less
Dear nicole k,
It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am delighted you have chosen to share this feedback through Tripadvisor. Your kind compliments do indeed give us tremendous encouragement for our ongoing commitment towards service excellence and we are extremely happy to be a part of this experience of yours.
Thank you and regards
I stayed in this Hotel for business trip. Unfortunately I did not have time to go to swimming pool. However, room was very cleaned and staff very kind. Breakfast full of tropical fruits. Just one thing: pay attention at the check-in case of debit card, because staff can apply security deposit for the entire holiday. Very good place to stay in the center of Bangkok.
Thank you for posting a pleasant feedback on Trip Advisor. We are extremely grateful for your kind comments and most delighted to learn that your recent stay with us did not disappoint you in the least other than the hiccup with the debit card.
Well noted on the point raised and please accept my sincere apology. The feedback will be shared with the relevant department and stringent communication will be practised between arriving guest and our front desk team so such an issue will not occur again. Thank you for bringing this up.
In the meantime, we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you for another memorable stay.
I had been staying Somerset Thonglor for the past 10 months wherever i travel to BKK monthly. The rooms are clean, big and comfortable. No doubt the staff is very pleasant and helpful giving the best hospitality to every guest. Highly recommended and good location too.
Dear alan c,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is heartening when guests compliment our service but a distinct delight when they choose to come back. I am thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed the exemplary hospitality provided by my colleagues over the last 10 months.
Your kind compliments go straight to our hearts. We look forward to having you return and staying with us many times more.
I was on a 4D 3N business trip to Bangkok over the weekend and my boss (I was with him) decided on a 1B apartment at Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor, on the recommendation of our business partners.
- The Somerset was along Thonglor Street, which is similar to Changkat Bukit Bintang in Kuala Lumpur or a waterless Clarke Quay (Singapore), where many fine dining restaurants and posh condos are located; in fact, we had our first night’s dinner with our business partners at a fancy Italian restaurant a short walk from the hotel!
- Furthermore, there was a convenient Tops Market right opposite the Somerset, for us to get our foodstuff to cook (or if we are lazy, a Burger King is next to the supermarket for takeouts); best of all is that the Tops is open 24-hours!
- The apartment itself was spacious enough for two of us (comes with a large toilet with shower and tub, medium-sized living room, small kitchenette, and 30 TV channels), even if there was a slight problem with the balcony whose door couldn’t be unlocked.
- Unlike my previous stay at the Somerset in Puteri Harbor (with its Residents’ Lounge), this property has a full-fledged restaurant where we had our three tasty breakfasts during our stay.
- Seems like rooftop infinity pools are a feature at many Somerset properties as this one also has one with a view of the Bangkok skyline, similar to the Somerset Puteri Harbor!
- The Somerset offered a nice, elongated Tuk-Tuk as their means of commuting from the property to the nearby Thonglor BTS station; they do have “standard” limousines for further away commutes!
- It’s probably the location but for a slightly smallish 1B apartment, we had to pay nearly MYR500.00 a night which is less value-for-money compared with the MYR350.00 for the more spacious 1B in Puteri Harbor.
- Speaking of location, while Thonglor Street itself was full of good eats and affordable massage parlors, it is quite a distance to the major malls in Siam and Chit Lom, which means two things - either a BTS ride through 5-6 stations or taking a cab from the hotel entrance but getting stuck for a minimum of 30-45 minutes along busy Sukhumvit Road!
- The breakfast, while tasty, was kinda repetitive throughout our stay and by the third morning (our check-out day), we decided to skip some of the food and went for a lighter breakfast instead.
The Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor is undoubtedly a nice apartment option in the bustling, happening city of Bangkok even if it’s distance from major malls is a slight letdown.... Most holiday-makers come to Bangkok for the famed shopping anyway! :)
Thank you for sharing a detailed account of your recent stay at Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor which I read with immense interest. Creating exceptional experiences and ensuring our guests are well taken care of is our commitment and our job to please our guests in anyway we can.
We appreciate the Pros shared and will certainly look into improving the Cons.Thank you for being our ambassador – we truly appreciate your feedback which is extremely important to the Management. I hope we can welcome you again if your travels bring you back to Bangkok.
We have just had 4 nights stay at this wonderful hotel apartment complex.
The bed, pillows and linen were great quality and I had 4 brilliant nights of sleep.
The room was very comfortable and the fridge was great for any fruit, drinks that we purchased.
Location is zoo good being close to the BTS rail system which is a fantastic, easy and cheap way to get around a very busy city.
The staff at this hotel were so warm and welcoming and they were so helpful in so many ways. Bowy, Joe and Tal were exceptional in their service to us.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay again on our next visit in Bangkok
Thank you for sharing positive insights on your recent stay at Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor. I look forward to passing on your kind compliments to our colleagues and will personally relay the message to Bowy, Jom and Tai. Colleague recognition is of utmost importance to us, and we truly appreciate any form of feedback as we work towards achieving service excellence.
We are also delighted to learn that the accommodation, bedding and amenities enhanced your experience. Your kind recommendation to the travel community is sincerely appreciated.
If you are not already a member, may I invite you to sign up. As a member of Ascott Online Advantage, you enjoy exclusive year-long discounts, seasonal promotions and special benefits. Registration is easy and free. Log on to the Ascott website and sign up now.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to your “home away from home” soon.
if u looking for a reasonably priced residence near the centre of tonglor
i highly recommend somerset tonglor.
when i go to the bangkok, i stayed somerset tonglor
There are good coffee shop(starbucks & the coffee club) and restaurant close at hand.
the staff is very kindly, the room was in good condition
(The young front desk clerk working the morning shift was very kind and warm)
Thank you for selecting Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor as your preferred accommodation of choice everytime you are in Bangkok. Service is something we take very seriously and I am really pleased to see we have made an impact on your stay!
It is a pleasure to read that you have appreciated the facilities and amenities and the fast service from the front desk.
Separately, may I also invite you to register as an Ascott online member. As a member, you enjoy exclusive year-long discounts, seasonal promotions and special benefits. Registration is easy and free. Log on to the Ascott website and sign up now.
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back for another pleasant stay.