All reviews walking distance to the palace rooms are beautifully decorated bustling bangkok in south east asia khao san road
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Hidden little oasis in china town, perfect for those who want the real Thai experience, perfect host, can't wait to go back. We stayed over new years eve, truly the best time of our lives! Only 1 thing, print off a map to give to taxi drivers and tuk tuks, no one can ever seem to find
it, but you will get to know area and will be as to recognise and direct yourselves. Jo & max, Wolverhampton, England, we stayed for 3 nights over new years this year. Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our visit to Bangkok was perfect, beeing at these charming hotel, walking distances from the palace, chao praya river, flower market, in a authentique thai aerea. Close enough to everything and at the same time, far away from tourists mass , surrounded by klongs,
Breakfast is delicious, always with a thai touch, refreshments in afternoon are welcome, lemongrass ice tea mmiam
The smell of jasmin flowers perfect.
The only thing is mattress are hard, but after a month in thailande, i think is just the way they enjoy sleeping, hard mattress...
thanks ''the bhutorn'' and their kind service

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia_QTZ
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We spent 10 days on a deserted beach and on our way back to Amsterdam we stayed at the Bhuthorn (google search). After our relaxed holiday, Bangkok was crazy busy. We loved the quiet backstreet the Bhuthorn is located at. The owner is super helpful (finding taxi, providing useful information etc.) and the staff is very friendly and love to practice their English.
A top stay, in a top part of town, close to all the great sights.
Thanks!

Room Tip: We only had the downstairs room which was great, because it was very cool in hot humid Bangkok.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed at the Bhuthorn for 4 nights after a trip to Bhutan. It was wonderful but not perfect.

I was in Salpasart. The room was gorgeous and lovely for 1 person for 4 nights. It would have been crowded for 2 people. The a/c was more then adequate. The bed excellent. The breakfasts fabulous. The staff so, so, helpful. I was solo for 3 of my 4 days there and they kept an eye on me. I'm not a person who needs watching but in the heat and intensity of Bangkok I welcomed their attention to my schedule.

I was in Bangkok 10 years ago with a friend and had forgotten how difficult it can be to communicate with people, especially taxi drivers! Not to mention the scammers. Having been there before I wasn't going to the big tourist attractions, more the off the beaten track sites, which made it more challenging,especially solo. After 1 frustrating experience I asked to have all my destinations for the day written in Thai and that solved the communication with taxi driver problem.

I used the private car option coming from the airport. Apparently the place is hard to find and even with gps the driver had to ask for directions. I'd planned to use the private car to return to the airport but without the finding the place problem it's much cheaper to use a regular taxi. The staff hailed a cab for me on the street for, I think, 500 BH. It was 3am and a thrilling ride to the airport. I had the impression that was the biggest fare the driver had ever been paid.

The not perfect part, Salpasart is downstairs, there is a room above. The first night I was there the occupants of that room were reasonably quiet. I heard them occasionally but it wasn't noisy. The remaining nights it was noisy above. The occupants were constantly dropping things on the floor which is very noisy below. They also spent a lot of time talking on the phone which was quite audible to me. Not to mention that all this was going on at weird hours.

Second not perfect - I never had breakfast in the minuscule little garden area. I was always seated somewhere else. I assume that's because a single person in the Salpasart gets less priority then those in the more expensive rooms above. It would have been considerate to put me in the garden for breakfast just once since I was there for 4 nights. Especially since the web site advertises the garden breakfast.

Even with the 2 not perfects, I really enjoyed my stay and very much appreciated the staff's attention to detail.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank MspTripper
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My husband and I visited Bangkok for a three night stop over before flying on to the South Pacific for our honeymoon. We wanted a special hotel to spend the first few nights of our married life. Our choice of The Bhuthorn could not have been more perfect. The location is ideal - just a five minute walk from The Grand Palace and Wat Pho and the hotel itself provides a wonderfully cool oasis to escape from the heat of the city after a morning of sightseeing. In addition to a beautiful, comfortable and cool room we were also treated like royalty by the wonderful staff. Fantastic breakfasts, with some new Thai delicacy to try every morning, afternoon tea served in the courtyard (coconut ice cream one day, fresh mango and sticky rice another) and general attention to detail that would put The Savoy to shame. The Bhuthorn might not be the cheapest hotel, but is reasonable by Bangkok standards and worth every penny. Our comment in the guest book upon leaving sums it up - "The best hotel either of us has ever stayed at".

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple