All reviews walking distance to the palace rooms are beautifully decorated bustling bangkok in south east asia khao san road
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The Bhuthorn is a labor of love. From the vintage furniture and objet d'art to the fresh flowers (roses and jasmines everywhere), scrumptious Thai or continental breakfast (one of the best I’ve tried) and quality toiletries (which another legendary Bangkok hotel also uses), one can see that the owners – architects turn hoteliers, Khun Direk and Khun Chitlada, have put all their heart and soul into everything. The attention to detail and personalized service straight from the heart impeccable!

With only three rooms (each immaculately decorated and spanking clean), a stay at The Bhuthorn is an unforgettable experience – you’re transported back to a bygone era. The B&B’s setting in a quaint heritage-listed part of old Bangkok is akin to a movie set. Quiet and romantic, The Bhuthorn is like a beautiful dream…

A must stay for discerning travelers or architecture enthusiasts who appreciate excellent design and heartfelt hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed at The Bhuthorn just two night, but wish we were there longer. If you want to avoid impersonal hotels, this is your place. The staff is really wonderful and welcoming. They try to make your stay in Bangkok the best you can imagine. The hostess Mrs. Chitlada was very kind and very helpful giving us directions, or making some reservations.

The place is amazing. It has just three bedrooms, that means it is very quiet and harmonious. The furniture and interior design are really beautiful, giving you a flavour of a real Bangkok and oriental experience. Moreover, it is located within a walking distance to The Grand Palace, Wat Po, Khaosan Road, and many others tourist attractions.

And what to say about the breakfast ...marvelous and delicious!! There, we could try traditional thai sweet and fruit that you cannot find so easily at other places.

In overall, an outstanding gem in the heart of Bangkok. We definitively would go back !!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mariarez
Reviewed March 6, 2010

It's been an unforgetable experience to us as if we had time travel back to old Bangkok. If possible try all the three rooms as each give you a different feel. The service was excellent and the lady boss Ms. Chitlada always have been attentive to our needs. Nearby street served excellent street food, such as a delicious ice-cream bar which is next to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My fiancé and I stayed at the Bhuthorn for three nights in January 2010 and it definately took our Bangkok experience to a higher level! The staff and their service, the house, the interior design and furniture is impeccible! The attention to details is something we have never experienced before and we appreciated it so much!

After spending a full day shopping or sightseeing in the busy parts of down-town - it's incredible relaxing to return to the Bhuthorn where Chitlada and the staff already had prepared afternoon tea and snacks.

Other moments that we will remember for a long time is the breakfast in the small yard - sipping on a fantastic coffee, reading the newspaper and watching the flowers and decoration was an amazing start of a busy day in Bangkok.

When staying at the Bhuthorn, you are really treated as part of the family which makes the stay at the Bhuthorn unique - we will definately recommend this boutique hotel to everyone travelling to Bangkok and I hope that we will have the opportunity to stay at the Bhuthorn ourselves soon again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This place is probably the best accommodation I have stayed in. Ever!

The best thing about it was the staff, the hostess Chitlada was the nicest person I have ever met, always accommodating, trying to find cooking classes for me, researching things to do and always friendly and welcoming. When I would come back from sightseeing she would make me a tea or coffee and accommpany it with a traditional thai snack or sweet. The first night I stayed there, a present was left on my bed which was so sweet.

The place is very new and her and her husband are architects who own and designed it. The furniture and interior design are impecible and it's a really beautiful place that I cannot fault. The breakfast that is included is delicious and there's a lot to choose from, the coffee is the BEST I have had in a long time and looked forward to it every morning.

To top it all off when I got to the airport to go home I had left my passport in their room...not only did her husband bring it to me (1 1/2 hour drive) but he stayed while I checked in and helped me with my bags until I left.

These are the friendliest people and staff, wonderful place and so clean, close to Khoasan Road and nightlife, I cannot get over this place! so helpful and amazing. Loved every minute and would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo