“I'll definitely be back for more!”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #48 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“I'll definitely be back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

I started off hoping to book the 5-star hotel across from Renaisannce. That hotel is my usual favourite. Unfortunately it was full, so I ended up with Renaisaance. Let's just put it this way ... renaissance has earned a new loyal customer.

This hotel is new, modern and very well located.
The BTS (subway) station is just 5min walk away.
Shopping is also 5min away.

Rooms are large. My favourite is the toilet.
Clear glass walls spotlessly cleaned allowed us to watch tv from the tub big enough for 2 adults.
It also comes with an electronic blind that you can use for more privacy in the bathroom.
There is a SMALL gap in between the blinds at the corner of the glass walls, so beware if you are intending to share a room with a co-worker!

Breakfast was a good spread. I was impressed to see the GM helping to clear the tables at the morning rush hour. He was smiley and friendly. Same goes for the rest of this staff. Very friendly and polite, regardless where they meet u be it the lift, driveway or corridor!

The hotel also has a very nice pool up on the top floor. It was very pretty esp at night.
I would have jumped in after a hot and long day out shopping except that the water was FREEZING!

There is free wifi in the room for Marriot members. you can sign up a a member for free on their website.

Thumbs up! I will certainly recommend this hotel to friends and business travellers going to Bangkok!

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank CodyYew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We booked into this highly rated 5 star hotel in Bangkok, and after a tiring journey arriving on a thursday evening myself and my partner decided to relax in the bar with a glass of wine.
we noticed that their was a birthday party taking place for "Jum" but did not take much notice.
we ordered 2 x drinks from the bar and paid, then sat down to relax. after about 15 minutes the bar manager came over and asked us to leave..... i asked why? and he told me that the bar had been privately booked for "Jum's" birthday.... I said that their was no mention of this when we entered the bar and was served and charged for our drinks and now we are being asked to leave???.. he appologised but said we had to go. We left looking very embarrased at being evicted from the bar and went straight to the reception to complain. I asked to see the manager who appeared after 5 minutes who told me the same story the bar had been hired for "Jum's" birthday. I said how can you re sell the hotel facillities that myself and hundreds of other guests have already paid for in our booking fee.... the manager had no answer...they basically re sold the only bar in the hotel to make more money at the expense of all the guests.....5 star hotel i don't think so....

Room Tip: stay at the Banyan Tree
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
15 Thank brad m
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Having stayed in many hotels in Bangkok, it never occurs to me to stay at this one as there are plenty of choices. However, I am glad I made this choice as the hotel gives me every thing I need :-)

First, the location is splendid located next to Chidlom station making it a good spot to go anywhere by BTS.

Second, the room is spacious with good modern feel, something that is important to me.

Third, the service is wonderful from check in to check out...credits goes to the wonderful crew at the restaurant.

Fourth, the breakfast spread is wonderfu as well. Breakfast to me is an important meal so this hotel really gives me what I want

Fifth,the pool is great too...

So please go stay there if you can....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The service was amazing. From the moment I walked in; everyone was top notch.

The huge rooms were of the highest caliber I have stayed in; especially at this price point. The bed was oh so comfortable; even the shower was huge.

Good TV choices; free wifi and a great pool area. The bar on the 1st floor was very neat; although a bit pricy and the breakfast was excellent; but not cheap.

There is a sky-train stop right by the hotel and loads of shopping is in walking distance or 1 stop on the train.

I will stay here on any future trips to Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Like some other before us, we booked through a Wotif mystery deal and were estounded what we got in return for the 3.300 THB per night it set us back.

Free breakfast, free Wifi, free healthclub and swimming pool were all part of this fantastic deal. The rooms are extra spacious with amenities to live up to the hotel’s 5 star status.
Located across from Central Chidlom you will find yourself in the middle of the high end shopping district with Siam Paragon, Central World and Gaysorn in walking distance and the Skytrain stops practically in front of the door.

The staff is very welcoming and the breakfast is indeed a feast for eye and belly. We have stayed for 3 nights and could refresh the last evening before taking a midnight flight out of the Bangkok airport so that was really all – and a lot more – than we could have asked for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We both have high expectations as we travel extensively and both found this hotel to be excellent. The hotel itself is done in a by retro chic 70s style and is big enou to offer all of the facilities you would want but not too big making it impersonal. The staff were all very helpful and the concierge lounge is the best one I have experienced from Marriott. Really good attention to detail, we had a gif in our room on daytime first night. Great location right next to the sky train and I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Club level is the 21st floor and if you have lounge passes it is really worthwhile as it is open unt...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here for a one night stopover and would have loved to have been able to stay longer. Beautiful contempory designed rooms with spacious bathroom. The breakfast was top notch and had a fantastic buffet. I grabbed this 'cutting edge" hotel for 3300THB on a mystery hotel deal from Wotif and what a bargain it was. Skytrain straight out the front and MBK mall just a few minutes walk. Staff were excellent. Checkin and check out done in a professional no hassle way. Would highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple