All reviewsthong lortuk tukbts stationnice boutique hotelrecommend this hotelbalcony roomfront desk staffquiet streetsmall poolthe hotel offerscomfortable roomsthe main roadpleasant staymin walkbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staysukhumvit
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Although I am frequently in Bangkok, I have never stayed in the Thonglor area, but tried it for the first time on the advice of a friend. Wow, what a revelation! As opposed to the Silom and lower numbered Sukhumvit areas, Thonglor feels much more like a regular neighborhood. What I loved about it is that the sidewalks are NOT crowded with tables selling trinkets, or taxis selling tours. You can walk around peacefully, and it's only 2 blocks to the escalator ramp of Thong Lor BTS station. There are lots of wonderful small restaurants close by, as well as pharmacies, massage, optometrists, etc etc. The hotel offers 24 hour free tuk tuk service to the BTS, but you really don't need it. When I came back to the hotel from the BTS, laden with bags, I simply took one of the motorbike taxis to the hotel for a few baht.

The rooms are clean and neat, air con perfect, and the hot water is amazing! The television is mostly Thai channels but they do have BBC News. The front desk staff are very lovely and friendly, and the wireless is fast. Breakfast is small but adequate. I didn't have time to use the pool but it's very small, and sort of looks like a square fountain without the spouts. I did see one person lying around on a deck chair but never saw anyone actually using the pool. All in all, a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MangoMunky
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Good location very close to the Thong Lo Sky train station and mostly the hotel provides free tuk-tuk lift on workdays. Based on our experience this service doesn’t work on public holiday.
The rooms are very nice and of high standard. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is nice and the other food from the menu is also delicious, but a bit small portion.
Currently the neighbourhood is a construction area, but if you leave the hotel quite early in the morning and arrived in the late evening except of view nothing else disturb you. Off course if you stay all day in the hotel you can suffer from the noise and dirt.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabriella_zs
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Poor service.

Arrived in the evening. Reuqested for a smoking room and there was none. Staff just told me that I did not request and too bad.

Renovation happening so you got to carry your own luggage for abt 30 meters.

Location though suppose to be near a bts station thonglor, it's a long walk to the Maine road even.

Luggage deposit is In the electrical switchboard room. Deposit my luggage and given them the tag to retrieve, they can't find the tag and told me to go take my bags myself.

Room is very clean as rather new. Walls are thin and expect to be woken up early as your neighbours could be checking out and you can hear their luggage banging along the corridors cause the door is just too thin.

Overall for the price I could have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Lapi
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The room was ok for the price and breakfast good, but I arrived at 9.00 am, they checked me in; copy passport, made me to pay in advance for the room and guarantee money for the key (30€) and then they told me to go because the room was not ready yet. I got annoyed. I think it would be polite to tell before, not thai hospitality and I think they do it everyday because many flights arrive to Bangkok early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Rutrancano
Reviewed May 21, 2010

i stayed here for 3days 2 nights and though the location isn't one of the most convenient, they made up for it with their own tuktuk that sent us to nearby places whenever needed, around the clock. This is a residential neighbourhood with lots of restaurants and cafes, which was what my friends and i really enjoyed, living amidst the locals. venture further and you'll also find supermarkets, many more eateries of international cuisines and also fantastic massage parlours, one of which we frequented everyday!

overall it was a comfortable and very safe stay, considering the protests that were going on in the siam square area that escalated when we were there. we fell in love with the thonglor neighbourhood and it was very nice to just walk and get lost and explore what there was to this neighbourhood. also, there are many nice restaurants and cafes in the area worth visiting!

the only grouses we had were the limited range of breakfast (we abandoned it the 2nd day and went out to the very nearby witch pie factory for english breakfast and pies instead) and the room doors were very thin, we could hear people talking in their rooms while we walked along the corridor and i'm sure they heard us as well. other than these, the rooms were comfortable, with soft n nice beds and also free wifi (need to obtain username and password from reception) and dvd player. we had connecting rooms which made it more fun for us!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends