Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
US$149
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$132
US$469
US$545
US$483
  • Pool
All reviewsthong lortuk tukbts stationnice boutique hotelrecommend this hotelbalcony roomfront desk staffsmall poolthe hotel offersthe main roadpleasant staymin walkenjoyed my staythe ground floorbuffet breakfastsukhumvitconvenience
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My Mom and I stayed at the Salil Hotel for 4 days. Our room was clean, quiet, and the wifi was great. Breakfast was a good mix of Thai and American dishes. The front desk staff is the best part of this place. They were SO nice and had no trouble giving us recommendations or directions to different sights. Its a 5 minute walk to the metro, and they will give you a ride in a tuktuk if you ask.

My Mom and I had brought a huge bag of supplies to donate to an orphanage we had read about online. We tried several times to get in touch with the orphanage staff but couldn't get through. One of the front desk men went totally out of his way to organize a visit and donation to a home that dealt primarily with Down Syndrome- Baan Nanthapum at Pakkred. He even negotiated with our taxi driver and explained what we were doing. They all seemed so grateful for what we were trying to do. They kept saying, over and over, "Thank you for helping our children." The visit was heartwarming and it was all because of the Salil staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Valua Guest, Chelsea K

Thank you very much for your kind feed back which very valua for us to remain and improve our service.We are very pleasure about our service met your expectation and well satisfied .

We looking forward to the pleasure of serving you with our best hospitality service in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I and my boyfriend alway go to south of Thailand for my business and usually rest at Bangkok. On first time I choose Salil Hotel from internet. The reason that I chose here because I love catching style and decor of the hotel. When I go to this hotel, It really does not make us disappointed with room rate that worth for excellent cleaned room and the friendly staff, but about service skills, I think they should be trained more than this. Because they loose professional skills for position. Especially receptionist and the staff at restaurant too. They loose service for us. I hope that in the future. We will enjoy the excellent service of the staff. We hope that it will be useful for staff and Salil Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Politicute
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Valuable guest, Khun Politicute

Thank you very much for your kind support at Salil Hotel Thonglor Soi 1,and please keep my the pleasure appreciated for you feed back and sharing an experience , Definately your feed back is very rewarding for us to urge improve and training though our staff.
We hopefully we will welcome you with our best hosptiality service in the nearest.

However, if you have any further queries or more comfortable to booking I am welcome you to send us directly with special offer to infosl2@salilhotel.com or gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

Best Regards,
Joe

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Simply Angelic.

Salil hotels have three different spots in the City of Angels (Bangkok) and I stayed at the Thong Lo location, Soi 1. This is a 4-star boutique hotel. Luckily, I was able to login-in from my mobile device & get a discount booking, paying about 75% less than the usual fee for the room.

Salil hotel is Spanish-style & located deep down a side-alley ("soi" in Thai parlance); I first noticed this colorful, mosaic-inspired hotel from its signage on Soi Thong Lo as I was scouting boutique hotels for a friend. I wandered down the soi and asked for a tour, from pool-side to three different, equally appealing rooms. Salil's serene atmosphere struck me as perfect city get-way for Bangkok residents. Months later, I spent two nights in this lovely, quiet hotel.

The hotel is split into two buildings - an older more "traditional" section and a more-modern building. The initial room was bin the older section brightly painted with a nice quote above the regarding summer-time. The room needed the brightness, as the bed-side lamps didn't work and the room itself is small and cramped, with a view upon a concrete wall. Staff was quick to respond to my request to check the lighting fixtures; it resulted in their changing my room, upgrading me to the second building and in a larger room with curved awning and small balcony overlooking the soi.

The room was spacious, with beautiful green tiling throughout the bathroom and lovely painted tiles above the queen-sized bed. They stock the bathroom with nice soaps and conditioners, and have creamy cotton bathrobes and slippers for the Pool-bound. The pool is a nice centerpiece to the colorful pink-painted Spanish architecture, with a cozy fitness center overlooking the poolside.

I can't speak much to Salil's "green" practices, beyond the CFL and energy-savings bulbs they have in the rooms. I tried asking the staff in both Thai and English, but they didn't seem to know anything about hotel measures or policies to conserve energy or water. Can't speak to the quality of their breakfast at "Cafe Salil" either as my discount room didn't include breakfast, though I did have a western style sandwich with chips which was fine though overpriced in my opinion.

The Thong Lo area is well-known for its "Little Japan" like quality, with dozens of Japanese restaurants and bakeries to savor. Consequently, a majority of the hotel's clientele are Japanese and the hotel offers Japanese daily newspapers. Entering into high season (December-February) Salil it tends to be overbooked - so look for discounts while you can. This place truly is an oasis of Bangkok - a veritable sanctuary away from the hustle of the city.

Other amenities:
BTS shuttle - in a cute tu-tuk (although can walk there in about 5 minutes)
Complementary water in rooms
DVDs and books in lobby
Pool
In-room coffee and tea service (hot water heater)
In-room Safety box

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building abutting the Soi - the new section. It's more quiet and doesn't overlook the busy Cafe or pool-side areas.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Three of us booked to stay here for one night. On arrival the staff thought we were sharing just one room, albeit we'd booked, and paid for, two. Check in is at 1pm, but it was after 4pm before our rooms were ready. The rooms were clean, but very small, with virtually no storage space. The rooms overlooked a wood panelled wall and were claustrophobic and dark. Breakfast was not good. On check out we were charged for room service we had not had, and had to ask for an apology from the restaurant manager! We would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Spesh 1

Thank you very much for your kind support at salil Hotel Thonglor during visit in bangkok. we would like to an express very appreciate indeed for your kind feed back . On my behalf of Management team would like to sincerely regret about your an experience doesnt meet your expectation and not properly satisfy service with us. A hotel standard check in time is normally 2.00 pm and check out time 12.00 noon. On November our hotel business is high level ,a chambermaids are hurry up to make up room ,it possible to quit late check in more that 2.00pm.However your got a room on 4.00pm ,I have to urge check to HK team. The point of Breakfast and room service which made mistaken I have already investigate with FB team it mistaken both of human error and system error concern their room is turn check in and turn check out on very shortage. All your feed back is very valuable for us to improvement team to service. for any comment please do not hesitate contact me at you convenience via my emai : gm-sl2@salilhotel.com

Best Regards,

Joe

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at the Salil hotel Thonglor Soi 01 for two nights after my return from Koh Chang, it is ideally located only a short walk from the Thonglor BTS Station (some complain about the distance but its not more than 350 metres which should be doable by most people). As I had a reservation my check in was swift and simple I was shown to my room facilities were explained to me and that was that.

The room in the building that houses the Cafe de Salil was a little noisy in the mornings when staff started the set up for breakfast however it was not intrusive. The room itself was clean and wel maintained although it is becoming a little tired and getting to need a makeover especially the paint work, there were marks on the walls some of this is a lack of care by cleaning staff but a large part is also the lack of care by the guests (I am familiar with this issue as I am involved in the same industry and the lack of care by guests is an ongoing issue just because you have paid for the room etc doesn't mean you can treat the property with contempt)

Breakfast on the first morning was a little disorganized however I put that down to a shortage of staff and the fact that there was a tour group of impatient demanding Germans present, breakfast the second morning was a quiet orderly affair no problems with staff etc. Breakfast fare was suitable with cereals, fruit, and cooked dishes available.

I dined in the restaurant on the first night of my staff and the food (Thai) was comparable to that of anywhere else I have eaten the only downside was that the music was a little too loud and that also applied at breakfast. Service was fast and efficient.

On the day of departure check out was efficient I had lunch in the restaurant again excellent and then requested a taxi to Don Mueang airport , this was done by reception staff efficiently and without problem.

Would I stay here again : Yes.
Value for money: Yes
Convenience: Yes

A couple of minor iisues there is evidence of water damage above the balcont doors, cobwebs in the window above the curtains and no cleaning has been done under the bed for sometime those issues aside it was fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank The-Wildgoose
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear A-Wildgoose

I am very appreciated for your kind support us during staying Bangkok city included positive advice feed back. the excelent point we will keep up and the wake point we will urge improvment for do the service in efficient, The guests room retouching up is in our preventive project maintenance and start up.

We looking forward to the pleasure of serving you and your family with our best hospitality service in the next future.

Joe.