US$108
US$443
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
1,572 results
All reviewswongwian yaifree airport pickupyogurtskytrain stationthe riverminute walklocal marketbreakfast roombreakfast was delicioustuk tukgrand palacestreet foodlong flightwat arunhotel is locatedstayed here for nightsbooked this hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Woke up on my birthday to a cake and singing from the reception, these are the little things that make a hotel stay special. Thanks so much guys, your amazing x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynny1980
Reviewed March 23, 2012

It was my first time to the Bangkok Loft Inn.

The hotel driver picked us up from the airport as promised. We were concerned they might forget since we had booked a month earlier. No problem with the free transportation to the hotel.

The hotel is not in the greatest area for walking around. There are some street food vendors down by the 7-11. Otherwise you will need to take a taxi to get somewhere, but that is no problem at all and not too expensive.

Rooms were very clean, had good air conditioning, good TV, and a nice clean bathroom and shower. The included breakfast was very good.

The staff was very friendly, gave us advice on where to go site seeing, and arranged our taxis for us.

I have been to Bangkok several times and will stay here again. It is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have some traffic noise. If that bothers you, ask for a room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've been to Bangkok quite a few times now, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Bangkok Loft Inn, and will always stay here when I come back in the future. We arrived in Bangkok from the airport on the MRT but weren't sure how to get to the hotel from the sky train station. My Thai cousin called the hotel and they sent one of their staff to meet us from the sky train station! We had huge bags with us and he tried to take them both from us to carry himself! He took us to the hotel, checked us in and then took us up to our room which was lovely. As it was our honeymoon there was a cute towel swan on the bed and petals everywhere, a very nice touch.

The room was great - had everything we needed. Was much nicer than the more expensive hotels we've stayed in in Bangkok, and very clean.

One of the best things though was the staff. The guy who came to get us from the skytrain station, the ladies at the front desk, the cleaners and room maids, the breakfast lady and also the guy who sits by the front door ready to open it for you when you come and go - all such nice lovely people!

The location is fine - it's not central but it's only a 3 minute walk to the sky train. I actually think its location is a bonus - it's away from the craziness of the city.

Oh and on the day we left we were given a free taxi to the airport courtesy of the hotel, perfect end to a perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spurgle84
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed twice on our last trip to Thailand, the first stay was great, the team were helpful and although a little out of the way at only 100 baht in a taxi or 200 baht in a tuk tuk to the centre of
town it was not a problem.

The rooms are basic but just what you need during a city break, could be a bit cleaner but at £25 a night B&B you get more than you pay for.

On our second stay, they didnt pick us up at the airport, forgot our wake up call and continued to confuse the situation when we tried to extend our stay! It was a real shame but I would now only recommend the Loft Inn if you didnt have to rely on them for key orgainisational points in your holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Booked this hotel through Agoda, got a really good price that included breakfast. I asked for an airport pickup in my Agoda booking, and there was some confusion over this - I ended up having to get a taxi from the airport. Check in was a nice experience - front desk staff speaks very little English, but they are eager to please and very friendly. Later during our trip they were very kind to help us book taxis and gave advice for navigating the area. They were really fantastic!

As I choose a rate that included breakfast, the woman at the front desk pulled out a large posterboard with pictures of a dozen breakfast options on it, a bit overwhelming and none really looked too appetizing to me. I think I chose one of the chicken options. Breakfast was okay - though I did enjoy the mango sticky rice! The girl working the breakfast room was very attentive and sweet, very pleasant to talk to!

Our room was small but clean. I made sure to request a room not facing the street as I had read in reviews here that those rooms could be quite noisy. Our room was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The room served it's purpose and we were comfortable staying there.

As you will read in other reviews, the hotel is not situated in a central part of the city where many of the tourist attractions are. It's in a residential neighborhood. Taxi drivers do not like to go to this area. On more than one occasion we attempted to take a taxi from Siam Square, Khao San Road, Thonburi, only to find that the drivers either refused to take us there, or tried to charge us an arm and a leg for the trip. Try to take the train wherever possible! The hotel is a couple blocks' walk to the Sky Train, which was a lifesaver for getting around. Train rides to the central areas of town are about 20 minutes. The Sky Train is very easy to use and inexpensive, and CLEAN compared to the mass transit offered in other cities.

Overall the staff were great, the price was right, the rooms were clean and met expectations. If I were to go again, I might stay somewhere nearer the attractions, though I know this will require some sacrifice on price or quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends