“Price, airport pick-up, clean rooms”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #58 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My title says it all. Those were the tripadvisor comments that made me choose this hotel. Being a solo traveller means that the room price is smaller than what I'd usually pay when travelling with others. And I was arriving at 12 midnight, so the airport pickup was handy. The rooms were basic but clean, new, and pleasant. However the comments here that it was a four star hotel is an overkill. It is a good two star and that is what it is.

Tip for travellers: everyone knows the location was a drawback. But you'll feel it if you plan to do things in the vicinity, because the neighborhood is not conducive at all. The street food was clean but I personally can't eat in those places. And the breakfast they serve is so limited, not even Thai dishes, which meant I had to wake up earlier to grab food somewhere else.

I had a quiet room at the back. Just fir light sleepers, the hotel was made such that walls are thin, doors will bang, and footsteps will be heard. For me I had earplugs so it was ok. The bed was super comfortable in Thai standards, as some hotels have really hard beds. Linens are clean and fresh. Wi-fi is ok and free.

Don't expect them to do extra or think extra. Dont get me wrong. The staff are nice and friendly. However, they do not have the attention to detail usually present in staff of more luxurious hotels and this is the fair assumption. They offered to bring my book to my room so I don't have to go up again. In the evening, no book. Couldn't find it. Ended up finding it in their library!!! Good thing no one borrowed it! I would have given service a 5 if this Didn't happen.

Overall, if the vicinity is not a big deal for you, or the thin walls, this is a good hotel, who gives far more than what you pay for.

Tip for the hotel: perhaps one or two simple Thai selections would be good for breakfast as it's a pain to travel to the city with an empty stomach.

Also, perhaps for airport pickups you would tell the guest exactly where to meet the hotel staff. The airport meet and greet area is long with many meetup points.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank bankergirl1016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Woke up on my birthday to a cake and singing from the reception, these are the little things that make a hotel stay special. Thanks so much guys, your amazing x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynny1980
Reviewed 23 March 2012

It was my first time to the Bangkok Loft Inn.

The hotel driver picked us up from the airport as promised. We were concerned they might forget since we had booked a month earlier. No problem with the free transportation to the hotel.

The hotel is not in the greatest area for walking around. There are some street food vendors down by the 7-11. Otherwise you will need to take a taxi to get somewhere, but that is no problem at all and not too expensive.

Rooms were very clean, had good air conditioning, good TV, and a nice clean bathroom and shower. The included breakfast was very good.

The staff was very friendly, gave us advice on where to go site seeing, and arranged our taxis for us.

I have been to Bangkok several times and will stay here again. It is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have some traffic noise. If that bothers you, ask for a room in the back of the h...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've been to Bangkok quite a few times now, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Bangkok Loft Inn, and will always stay here when I come back in the future. We arrived in Bangkok from the airport on the MRT but weren't sure how to get to the hotel from the sky train station. My Thai cousin called the hotel and they sent one of their staff to meet us from the sky train station! We had huge bags with us and he tried to take them both from us to carry himself! He took us to the hotel, checked us in and then took us up to our room which was lovely. As it was our honeymoon there was a cute towel swan on the bed and petals everywhere, a very nice touch.

The room was great - had everything we needed. Was much nicer than the more expensive hotels we've stayed in in Bangkok, and very clean.

One of the best things though was the staff. The guy who came to get us from the skytrain station, the ladies at the front desk, the cleaners and room maids, the breakfast lady and also the guy who sits by the front door ready to open it for you when you come and go - all such nice lovely people!

The location is fine - it's not central but it's only a 3 minute walk to the sky train. I actually think its location is a bonus - it's away from the craziness of the city.

Oh and on the day we left we were given a free taxi to the airport courtesy of the hotel, perfect end to a perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spurgle84
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed twice on our last trip to Thailand, the first stay was great, the team were helpful and although a little out of the way at only 100 baht in a taxi or 200 baht in a tuk tuk to the centre of
town it was not a problem.

The rooms are basic but just what you need during a city break, could be a bit cleaner but at £25 a night B&B you get more than you pay for.

On our second stay, they didnt pick us up at the airport, forgot our wake up call and continued to confuse the situation when we tried to extend our stay! It was a real shame but I would now only recommend the Loft Inn if you didnt have to rely on them for key orgainisational points in your holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Booked this hotel through Agoda, got a really good price that included breakfast. I asked for an airport pickup in my Agoda booking, and there was some confusion over this - I ended up having to get a taxi from the airport. Check in was a nice experience - front desk staff speaks very little English, but they are eager to please and very friendly. Later during our trip they were very kind to help us book taxis and gave advice for navigating the area. They were really fantastic!

As I choose a rate that included breakfast, the woman at the front desk pulled out a large posterboard with pictures of a dozen breakfast options on it, a bit overwhelming and none really looked too appetizing to me. I think I chose one of the chicken options. Breakfast was okay - though I did enjoy the mango sticky rice! The girl working the breakfast room was very attentive and sweet, very pleasant to talk to!

Our room was small but clean. I made sure to request a room not facing the street as I had read in reviews here that those rooms could be quite noisy. Our room was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping. The room served it's purpose and we were comfortable staying there.

As you will read in other reviews, the hotel is not situated in a central part of the city where many of the tourist attractions are. It's in a residential neighborhood. Taxi drivers do not like to go to this area. On more than one occasion we attempted to take a taxi from Siam Square, Khao San Road, Thonburi, only to find that the drivers either refused to take us there, or tried to charge us an arm and a leg for the trip. Try to take the train wherever possible! The hotel is a couple blocks' walk to the Sky Train, which was a lifesaver for getting around. Train rides to the central areas of town are about 20 minutes. The Sky Train is very easy to use and inexpensive, and CLEAN compared to the mass transit offered in other cities.

Overall the staff were great, the price was right, the rooms were clean and met expectations. If I were to go again, I might stay somewhere nearer the attractions, though I know this will require some sacrifice on price or quality.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank c p
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Well, Bangkok loft inn is a great place to stay in that area (please check where you will be going)...it was perfect for our first stay in Bangkok, we were in Bangkok twice but the second time we stayed in a different hotel since we were in a different area. So, the hotel is 5 minute walk from the Sky Train which takes you to great stations my favorits were Sala Daeng and Siam Pargon. We were close to the cultural Bangkok temples and the Grand Palace, the area is very local though. No fast food around, but local food is plenty if you accustomed to it, we were not, so we had to order delivery or we get all of our meals out and just go back to sleep in.
So, the hotel staff is the friendliest in thailand,they make sure that you are safe and sound all the time, they make sure that you go to the right places and use the proper means and give you tips about who to talk to and who to stay away from...believe me it is so useful.

The breakfast was nice, but not much varieties. They ask you the night before what would you like to eat for tomorrow breakfast in addition to the Corn Flakes, Yogurt, and fruit buffett.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple