1,586 results
All reviews wongwian yai free airport pickup yogurt skytrain station the river minute walk local market breakfast room tuk tuk grand palace street food wat arun hotel is located booked this hotel nice breakfast budget hotel khao san road
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My title says it all. Those were the tripadvisor comments that made me choose this hotel. Being a solo traveller means that the room price is smaller than what I'd usually pay when travelling with others. And I was arriving at 12 midnight, so the airport pickup was handy. The rooms were basic but clean, new, and pleasant. However the comments here that it was a four star hotel is an overkill. It is a good two star and that is what it is.

Tip for travellers: everyone knows the location was a drawback. But you'll feel it if you plan to do things in the vicinity, because the neighborhood is not conducive at all. The street food was clean but I personally can't eat in those places. And the breakfast they serve is so limited, not even Thai dishes, which meant I had to wake up earlier to grab food somewhere else.

I had a quiet room at the back. Just fir light sleepers, the hotel was made such that walls are thin, doors will bang, and footsteps will be heard. For me I had earplugs so it was ok. The bed was super comfortable in Thai standards, as some hotels have really hard beds. Linens are clean and fresh. Wi-fi is ok and free.

Don't expect them to do extra or think extra. Dont get me wrong. The staff are nice and friendly. However, they do not have the attention to detail usually present in staff of more luxurious hotels and this is the fair assumption. They offered to bring my book to my room so I don't have to go up again. In the evening, no book. Couldn't find it. Ended up finding it in their library!!! Good thing no one borrowed it! I would have given service a 5 if this Didn't happen.

Overall, if the vicinity is not a big deal for you, or the thin walls, this is a good hotel, who gives far more than what you pay for.

Tip for the hotel: perhaps one or two simple Thai selections would be good for breakfast as it's a pain to travel to the city with an empty stomach.

Also, perhaps for airport pickups you would tell the guest exactly where to meet the hotel staff. The airport meet and greet area is long with many meetup points.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Daphne G
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Woke up on my birthday to a cake and singing from the reception, these are the little things that make a hotel stay special. Thanks so much guys, your amazing x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynny1980
Reviewed March 23, 2012

It was my first time to the Bangkok Loft Inn.

The hotel driver picked us up from the airport as promised. We were concerned they might forget since we had booked a month earlier. No problem with the free transportation to the hotel.

The hotel is not in the greatest area for walking around. There are some street food vendors down by the 7-11. Otherwise you will need to take a taxi to get somewhere, but that is no problem at all and not too expensive.

Rooms were very clean, had good air conditioning, good TV, and a nice clean bathroom and shower. The included breakfast was very good.

The staff was very friendly, gave us advice on where to go site seeing, and arranged our taxis for us.

I have been to Bangkok several times and will stay here again. It is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have some traffic noise. If that bothers you, ask for a room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've been to Bangkok quite a few times now, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Bangkok Loft Inn, and will always stay here when I come back in the future. We arrived in Bangkok from the airport on the MRT but weren't sure how to get to the hotel from the sky train station. My Thai cousin called the hotel and they sent one of their staff to meet us from the sky train station! We had huge bags with us and he tried to take them both from us to carry himself! He took us to the hotel, checked us in and then took us up to our room which was lovely. As it was our honeymoon there was a cute towel swan on the bed and petals everywhere, a very nice touch.

The room was great - had everything we needed. Was much nicer than the more expensive hotels we've stayed in in Bangkok, and very clean.

One of the best things though was the staff. The guy who came to get us from the skytrain station, the ladies at the front desk, the cleaners and room maids, the breakfast lady and also the guy who sits by the front door ready to open it for you when you come and go - all such nice lovely people!

The location is fine - it's not central but it's only a 3 minute walk to the sky train. I actually think its location is a bonus - it's away from the craziness of the city.

Oh and on the day we left we were given a free taxi to the airport courtesy of the hotel, perfect end to a perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spurgle84
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed twice on our last trip to Thailand, the first stay was great, the team were helpful and although a little out of the way at only 100 baht in a taxi or 200 baht in a tuk tuk to the centre of
town it was not a problem.

The rooms are basic but just what you need during a city break, could be a bit cleaner but at £25 a night B&B you get more than you pay for.

On our second stay, they didnt pick us up at the airport, forgot our wake up call and continued to confuse the situation when we tried to extend our stay! It was a real shame but I would now only recommend the Loft Inn if you didnt have to rely on them for key orgainisational points in your holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple