“Flawless Gem”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #58 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Even after reading all the fantastic reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor, Bangkok Loft Inn exceeded our expectations in every way. The airport transfer was smooth and easy. We had a room facing the street but we didn't think that it was noisy or loud at all. Our room was large and spotless; floors were clean, the bathroom was well-cared for, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were cleaned for every guest. I always wear hotel slippers but I felt confident that the floors were cleaned that I didn't even wear my hotel slippers the whole time! There is also a fridge and safe in the room which was very helpful.

The staff was fantastic and helpful in answering our myriad of questions from food to transportation arrangements. My husband and I both agreed that this hotel offered the best breakfast we had during our time in SE Asia. You fill out a breakfast form which includes "Western" and "Thai" selections the day before. GET THE THAI breakfast!!! There is a choice of chicken or pork and although this sounds heavy for the morning, do not hesitate as they are both delicious. In addition to a wide selection of cereals, juices, breads, pastries, fruits, you ALSO get an entree every morning. When you have an early day, you will get either a ham/cheese or tuna sandwich, juices, fruits, and water all packaged to-go. Just let the staff know and they will take care of everything. In addition, you get two free bottles of water in your room every night.

The hotel is located 3-5 mins from the BTS (SkyTrain) and it was easy to get to Saphon Taksin where you can take the river ferries on the Chao Phraya river. A few more stops and you're in Bangkok central (Siam, National Station stops). Once you exit the hotel and make a right, there are local food stalls and a local market (about a 5 min walk). There is an ATM right next door and and 7-Eleven nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1000travels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

So many great aspects, airport pick up at some crazy hour, quick check in, welcome drink, great rooms, friendly and helpful staff and amazing breakfast. The location didn't bother us at all as we were getting orientated with Bangkok and found the BTS station to be real cheap and useful. Also easy to get taxi or tuk tuk from hotel.

Affordable, friendly, helpful service with clean rooms (and a huge bed)!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Notlost289
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Bangkok Loft Inn very much! It's perfect for a traveler that is looking for an very affordable, comfortable, clean hotel with helpful staff that speak English well. It is very close to the BTS skytrain so one can get to most locations a tourist would go to easily. The breakfast is very good and included. It left me full past lunch on most days (but that didn't stop me from eating my way through Bangkok (: ). The hotel will provide you with a map with all subway and train stops and common tourist attractions. It's is also easy to catch a cab from the hotel and they will give you directions in Thai to give to a driver so that you can easily find your way back to the hotel. Of course if you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this might not be for you, but that is what the Mandarin Oriental is there for. For the average traveler this will do great. There were travelers from all over the world there during my stay, some with families (kids pre-teen to teen) and all seemed to be enjoying their stay. I would definitely stay again. Also, there are 2 Thai massage places within walking distance to the hotel. I went to their second choice (first was closed) where I got a 90 min full body massage for $7 US! Not spa fancy at all, but did the trick after a week of hiking around Bangkok. Ask the hotel for directions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Denise W
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We chose the Bangkok Loft Inn for the last night of our two weeks trip around Thailand based on the good comments read on trip advisor. I can say now that the place goes beyond expectations. Amazing and friendly staff, super breakfast, excellent rooms and near the sky train. The perfect place to rest away from the crowded and noisy Bangkok but still close enough. Free wi-fi and 2 computers free of charge in the business area. They gave us all short of tips for food, visits, prices and anything we needed. They know how to take care of the guests, always with a smile on the face. I totally recommend it, it's a quick win! Thank you very much for the great time we spent there!

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Cosa28
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My title says it all. Those were the tripadvisor comments that made me choose this hotel. Being a solo traveller means that the room price is smaller than what I'd usually pay when travelling with others. And I was arriving at 12 midnight, so the airport pickup was handy. The rooms were basic but clean, new, and pleasant. However the comments here that it was a four star hotel is an overkill. It is a good two star and that is what it is.

Tip for travellers: everyone knows the location was a drawback. But you'll feel it if you plan to do things in the vicinity, because the neighborhood is not conducive at all. The street food was clean but I personally can't eat in those places. And the breakfast they serve is so limited, not even Thai dishes, which meant I had to wake up earlier to grab food somewhere else.

I had a quiet room at the back. Just fir light sleepers, the hotel was made such that walls are thin, doors will bang, and footsteps will be heard. For me I had earplugs so it was ok. The bed was super comfortable in Thai standards, as some hotels have really hard beds. Linens are clean and fresh. Wi-fi is ok and free.

Don't expect them to do extra or think extra. Dont get me wrong. The staff are nice and friendly. However, they do not have the attention to detail usually present in staff of more luxurious hotels and this is the fair assumption. They offered to bring my book to my room so I don't have to go up again. In the evening, no book. Couldn't find it. Ended up finding it in their library!!! Good thing no one borrowed it! I would have given service a 5 if this Didn't happen.

Overall, if the vicinity is not a big deal for you, or the thin walls, this is a good hotel, who gives far more than what you pay for.

Tip for the hotel: perhaps one or two simple Thai selections would be good for breakfast as it's a pain to travel to the city with an empty stomach.

Also, perhaps for airport pickups you would tell the guest exactly where to meet the hotel staff. The airport meet and greet area is long with many meetup points.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Woke up on my birthday to a cake and singing from the reception, these are the little things that make a hotel stay special. Thanks so much guys, your amazing x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynny1980
Reviewed 23 March 2012

It was my first time to the Bangkok Loft Inn.

The hotel driver picked us up from the airport as promised. We were concerned they might forget since we had booked a month earlier. No problem with the free transportation to the hotel.

The hotel is not in the greatest area for walking around. There are some street food vendors down by the 7-11. Otherwise you will need to take a taxi to get somewhere, but that is no problem at all and not too expensive.

Rooms were very clean, had good air conditioning, good TV, and a nice clean bathroom and shower. The included breakfast was very good.

The staff was very friendly, gave us advice on where to go site seeing, and arranged our taxis for us.

I have been to Bangkok several times and will stay here again. It is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: Street side rooms have some traffic noise. If that bothers you, ask for a room in the back of the h...