1,591 results
All reviews wongwian yai free airport yogurt skytrain station the river minute walk local market breakfast room tuk tuk grand palace street food wat arun hotel is located booked this hotel nice breakfast suvarnabhumi airport budget hotel
Reviewed March 30, 2012

So many great aspects, airport pick up at some crazy hour, quick check in, welcome drink, great rooms, friendly and helpful staff and amazing breakfast. The location didn't bother us at all as we were getting orientated with Bangkok and found the BTS station to be real cheap and useful. Also easy to get taxi or tuk tuk from hotel.

Affordable, friendly, helpful service with clean rooms (and a huge bed)!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Notlost289
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Bangkok Loft Inn very much! It's perfect for a traveler that is looking for an very affordable, comfortable, clean hotel with helpful staff that speak English well. It is very close to the BTS skytrain so one can get to most locations a tourist would go to easily. The breakfast is very good and included. It left me full past lunch on most days (but that didn't stop me from eating my way through Bangkok (: ). The hotel will provide you with a map with all subway and train stops and common tourist attractions. It's is also easy to catch a cab from the hotel and they will give you directions in Thai to give to a driver so that you can easily find your way back to the hotel. Of course if you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this might not be for you, but that is what the Mandarin Oriental is there for. For the average traveler this will do great. There were travelers from all over the world there during my stay, some with families (kids pre-teen to teen) and all seemed to be enjoying their stay. I would definitely stay again. Also, there are 2 Thai massage places within walking distance to the hotel. I went to their second choice (first was closed) where I got a 90 min full body massage for $7 US! Not spa fancy at all, but did the trick after a week of hiking around Bangkok. Ask the hotel for directions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Denise W
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We chose the Bangkok Loft Inn for the last night of our two weeks trip around Thailand based on the good comments read on trip advisor. I can say now that the place goes beyond expectations. Amazing and friendly staff, super breakfast, excellent rooms and near the sky train. The perfect place to rest away from the crowded and noisy Bangkok but still close enough. Free wi-fi and 2 computers free of charge in the business area. They gave us all short of tips for food, visits, prices and anything we needed. They know how to take care of the guests, always with a smile on the face. I totally recommend it, it's a quick win! Thank you very much for the great time we spent there!

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Cosa28
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My title says it all. Those were the tripadvisor comments that made me choose this hotel. Being a solo traveller means that the room price is smaller than what I'd usually pay when travelling with others. And I was arriving at 12 midnight, so the airport pickup was handy. The rooms were basic but clean, new, and pleasant. However the comments here that it was a four star hotel is an overkill. It is a good two star and that is what it is.

Tip for travellers: everyone knows the location was a drawback. But you'll feel it if you plan to do things in the vicinity, because the neighborhood is not conducive at all. The street food was clean but I personally can't eat in those places. And the breakfast they serve is so limited, not even Thai dishes, which meant I had to wake up earlier to grab food somewhere else.

I had a quiet room at the back. Just fir light sleepers, the hotel was made such that walls are thin, doors will bang, and footsteps will be heard. For me I had earplugs so it was ok. The bed was super comfortable in Thai standards, as some hotels have really hard beds. Linens are clean and fresh. Wi-fi is ok and free.

Don't expect them to do extra or think extra. Dont get me wrong. The staff are nice and friendly. However, they do not have the attention to detail usually present in staff of more luxurious hotels and this is the fair assumption. They offered to bring my book to my room so I don't have to go up again. In the evening, no book. Couldn't find it. Ended up finding it in their library!!! Good thing no one borrowed it! I would have given service a 5 if this Didn't happen.

Overall, if the vicinity is not a big deal for you, or the thin walls, this is a good hotel, who gives far more than what you pay for.

Tip for the hotel: perhaps one or two simple Thai selections would be good for breakfast as it's a pain to travel to the city with an empty stomach.

Also, perhaps for airport pickups you would tell the guest exactly where to meet the hotel staff. The airport meet and greet area is long with many meetup points.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank daphnedexplorer
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Woke up on my birthday to a cake and singing from the reception, these are the little things that make a hotel stay special. Thanks so much guys, your amazing x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends