“Absolute bargain, a great place to stay in Bangkok”
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

Bangkok Loft Inn
Ranked #59 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This place is an absolute bargain! Only 25 pounds a night including airport pick up for staying 2 nights, amazing value. My single criticism is that the rooms on the road side are noisy. We emailed in advance to ask for a room at the rear but on arrival none were available which was disappointing. The hotel is clean and comfortable, it is only a 3 star place at best but it has everything you need and for the price they charge you really cant complain. It is really close to the sky train, I'd say about 7 minutes walk. And from there you can get everywhere really really easily, and the sky train runs until midnight ish. The breakfast is lovely, plenty of food and the lady at breakfast was delightful. It was also my birthday when I was here and they surprised me with a cake at breakfast and all of the reception staff wished me happy birthday which was really nice. The shower is also amazing! Just what you need after walking around all day. They can book you a taxi back to the airport for 400 baht which is great value and was well organised. Highly recommend staying here if you are on a budget and want somewhere clean and comfortable and welcoming with easy access to all the sights of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, but no guarantee you'll get one if arriving in the morning.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here late march. Pick up from the airport was easy and o so welcomimg after a long flight.
Room was great, breakfast was good and staff was very welcoming.
Staff were very helpfull at all times.
The area was great for us as the sky train is close and a tu tu ride is just across the river to most places. Very cheap.
If you want street food or a seven eleven all very close, but if you want a bar. There are none. Which was also great. No noise.
Would I use this lace again? Without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights recently. The airport transfer was efficient and convenient (free one way as part of a deal). The staff were friendly and approachable at all times. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked well and was quiet. The bed was comfortable and spacious, but the pillows were on the high side. If you like a low pillow, then you might want to consider bringing your own.

The breakfast was simple but delicious. There is always a basic breakfast including western and Thai options, but you also get to order your own hot meal the day before. The options are eggs, sausage, salad, rice congee, etc. and vegetarian options such as Thai rice noodle or salad with little chunks of cheese. For cereal lovers, there was a decent range of cereals including muesli, granola, Weetabix, Raisin Bran, Special K, corn flakes, Clusters, etc.

The location is out of the main hustle and bustle, but because the BTS Skytrain is so close (300 meter walk), it's convenient to get to places. Just a few minutes down the road from the hotel, there is a 7-11 store. Just a few steps further and you will find a local market that sells fruit, veggies, and also has food stalls. Very cheap and delicious food. You can get pad thai made fresh in front of you as well as buy sticky rice with mango.

We were really impressed with the value for money. We are planning to stay here again when we return to Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Even after reading all the fantastic reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor, Bangkok Loft Inn exceeded our expectations in every way. The airport transfer was smooth and easy. We had a room facing the street but we didn't think that it was noisy or loud at all. Our room was large and spotless; floors were clean, the bathroom was well-cared for, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were cleaned for every guest. I always wear hotel slippers but I felt confident that the floors were cleaned that I didn't even wear my hotel slippers the whole time! There is also a fridge and safe in the room which was very helpful.

The staff was fantastic and helpful in answering our myriad of questions from food to transportation arrangements. My husband and I both agreed that this hotel offered the best breakfast we had during our time in SE Asia. You fill out a breakfast form which includes "Western" and "Thai" selections the day before. GET THE THAI breakfast!!! There is a choice of chicken or pork and although this sounds heavy for the morning, do not hesitate as they are both delicious. In addition to a wide selection of cereals, juices, breads, pastries, fruits, you ALSO get an entree every morning. When you have an early day, you will get either a ham/cheese or tuna sandwich, juices, fruits, and water all packaged to-go. Just let the staff know and they will take care of everything. In addition, you get two free bottles of water in your room every night.

The hotel is located 3-5 mins from the BTS (SkyTrain) and it was easy to get to Saphon Taksin where you can take the river ferries on the Chao Phraya river. A few more stops and you're in Bangkok central (Siam, National Station stops). Once you exit the hotel and make a right, there are local food stalls and a local market (about a 5 min walk). There is an ATM right next door and and 7-Eleven nearby.

3  Thank 1000travels
Reviewed 30 March 2012

So many great aspects, airport pick up at some crazy hour, quick check in, welcome drink, great rooms, friendly and helpful staff and amazing breakfast. The location didn't bother us at all as we were getting orientated with Bangkok and found the BTS station to be real cheap and useful. Also easy to get taxi or tuk tuk from hotel.

Affordable, friendly, helpful service with clean rooms (and a huge bed)!

2  Thank Notlost289
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Bangkok Loft Inn very much! It's perfect for a traveler that is looking for an very affordable, comfortable, clean hotel with helpful staff that speak English well. It is very close to the BTS skytrain so one can get to most locations a tourist would go to easily. The breakfast is very good and included. It left me full past lunch on most days (but that didn't stop me from eating my way through Bangkok (: ). The hotel will provide you with a map with all subway and train stops and common tourist attractions. It's is also easy to catch a cab from the hotel and they will give you directions in Thai to give to a driver so that you can easily find your way back to the hotel. Of course if you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this might not be for you, but that is what the Mandarin Oriental is there for. For the average traveler this will do great. There were travelers from all over the world there during my stay, some with families (kids pre-teen to teen) and all seemed to be enjoying their stay. I would definitely stay again. Also, there are 2 Thai massage places within walking distance to the hotel. I went to their second choice (first was closed) where I got a 90 min full body massage for $7 US! Not spa fancy at all, but did the trick after a week of hiking around Bangkok. Ask the hotel for directions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Denise W
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We chose the Bangkok Loft Inn for the last night of our two weeks trip around Thailand based on the good comments read on trip advisor. I can say now that the place goes beyond expectations. Amazing and friendly staff, super breakfast, excellent rooms and near the sky train. The perfect place to rest away from the crowded and noisy Bangkok but still close enough. Free wi-fi and 2 computers free of charge in the business area. They gave us all short of tips for food, visits, prices and anything we needed. They know how to take care of the guests, always with a smile on the face. I totally recommend it, it's a quick win! Thank you very much for the great time we spent there!

• Stayed: March 2012