“Authentic and Welcoming”

Price range: US$9 - US$230
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Antonio's is truly a world class restaurant!
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I went to Antonio’s for my birthday dinner on Friday 6th October and it was just delightful.

Antonio is a sincere and passionate ‘mine host’ who truly knows how to offer personal service and make people feel special without any hint whatsoever of being intrusive, which is an art in itself. He came to greet us as we were being seated at our table, and checked on us regularly throughout the evening.

His employees are clearly well trained also; they were warm, friendly and efficient and did not make us feel rushed at any point. Specials were explained carefully and recommendations made, and they too knew just when to approach.

We started with the imported cold cuts antipasto, which was plentiful and delicious. Despite the extensive selection of tempting dishes and impressive specialties of the house, for main course we were both in the mood for pasta, and our two dishes were excellent both in texture and flavour. We also had the avocado shrimp salad, which was simply superb! At the end of the meal, Antonio and his team returned together to wish me Happy Birthday in a special way.

With passion, pride, and an authenticity derived from and inspired by his Italian family heritage, I highly recommend Antonio’s as a stylish and welcoming experience for fine Italian cuisine.

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review on TripAdvisor. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us, its extremely important for us to know that our customers are well taken care of and are satisfied with the service and food that we provide.

There's nothing more rewarding than receiving such wonderful feedback like yours, it makes us feel very special and gives us a great deal of satisfaction on every level, we thank you again for acknowledging all our efforts.

I will definitely be sharing your kind compliments with all my hard working team and we look forward to welcoming you back to again very soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to Antonio's whilst on holiday in Bangkok and were so happy with our experience, the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the food was superb and so delicious and Antonio himself came to greet us and ensure we had a great meal, the signature dishes were so fantastic and the recommended dishes are definitely worth a try! You will not be dissapointed, absolutely sublime!

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's, and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It was very nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your evening with us, we are always grateful when we receive such positive feedback from our customers.

Thank you for including us as part of your holiday, we look forward to welcoming you back again on your return visit to the Land of Smiles.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

My girlfriend and I came for dinner at Antonio's as our quasi-farewell (she's going on student exchange to the Netherlands). The customer service at Atononio's is amazing. The waiter presented all of the daily specials to us in great detail in and was attentive the whole night. Food was amazing - the veal saltimbocca was great, as was the wine and the starter (eggplant). Antonio himself came to great us and was a great host. I had a very good experience here and would strongly recommend this place to everyone. I am just surprised that this restaurant does not have a larger profile as I believe it deserves a better reputation than most Italian establishments in the thong lor area. Extra points in my book for being Italian-Australian.

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to write such a positive review on TA.

It's reviews like this that make us feel REALLY GOOD about what we do everyday, just knowing that our customers are completely satisfied with their visit, is the most rewarding part of our business.

We really do appreciate your kind feedback, it means a lot to me personally and to all my hard working team.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Based on reviews, we were anticipating a wonderful experience. This had to be THE MOST DISAPPOINTING MEAL in YEARS!

We made reservations and showed up a couple of minutes early. First clue that this was a night destined for disaster was that they tried to seat us at the worst table in the house. Directly next to the service bar and wine service area, when the restaurant was only half full. Mind you we were quite dressed for the occasion and are an upscale couple. Upon my request they moved us to a very nice table upstairs next to the window.

We started with a Hendricks martini and a glass of Prosecco. The martini was nicely made. Shortly our Caprese Salad arrived. We should have left then. Clumsily plated with no style, the tomatoes lacked any flavor and the mozzarella was very course in texture and just compounded the flawed dish.

Next up, Truffle Soup which was actually good, not great, and Sauteed Clams. The menu claims the clams are imported so I was expecting perhaps New Zealand clams or some other quality cold water clams. No, these were silt sack laden, poor flavor in every aspect. It only gets worse as my second martini arrives and it was obviously shaken to death as the glass was so full of ice that it appeared white. You can imagine what the wonderful Hendricks gin tasted like when all that ice melted.

We then receive our mains, which were so disgusting that we only ate a portion and then asked for the check. My main was the "This Dish Made Us Famous" Antonio's Special Pasta with Cream Mushroom Sauce. The only positive about the dish was that the penne was cooked correctly. Swimming in a sauce that looked like baby poop, the dish was a mass mess of muddled flavors and bland is a compliment! My wife ordered the Ravioli Truffle which was even more of a disaster. Plated like a big bowl of baby poop (yep looked the same as my dish) you could not even see the raviolis. Oh and calling them raviolis is like saying Detroit is more picturesque than Paris. These sloppy, gushy disaster were utterly disgusting in taste and texture. I actually spit it out immediately!

Oh and the Risotto Tartufo that we ordered as a main side was edible. But I kid you not, still looked like baby poop in color. Look at my photos!! Disgusting beyond words.

Save yourself the effort and try real fine Italian dining at Rossini's and avoid this place like the plague! The only reason it gets two stars is that the service, in general, was good.

1  Thank 1fastcat
Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Sir,

Firstly, it was disappointing to read that you were not satisfied with your recent visit to Antonio's and how we did not meet your dining expectations. We do pride ourselves on receiving more positive feedback from our customers rather than negative, as you can clearly see from the majority of our past reviews.

In all honesty, i found your review to be over exaggerated and somewhat inconsistent with some of your claims put forward. I believe that the main problem was in selection of what was ordered on that evening, for only 2 people you ordered 4 truffle based dishes, they were; truffle soup, risotto truffle, ravioli truffle and Antonio's special pasta which is also served in a cream of truffle sauce. You may have over done it with the cream of truffle sauce and everything may have looked and tasted the same when in fact it was just over powering and way too much of the same in texture. You then go on to describe my food as ''baby poop'', when you clearly don't understand how the dishes are suppose to be served, we have been serving our Ravioli along with all our other dishes the same way since the beginning and that's why they are famous today. If we were serving baby poop as food we would not be operating successfully for the past 13 years nor would we have the reputation of being one of Bangkok's premier Italian restaurants.

There are many fine dining establishments in this city, maybe Antonio's just wasn't for you.

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

This place is not cheap but worth every penny!
Amazing food - fresh and well done!
Great service with a genuine smile! Nothing was too much effort. Which is really nice to see.
Good wine and the owner goes up to every table and greets his guests. Makes a difference.
The atmosphere is really nice and intimate!
Lovely place for family, friends or just couples!

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Dear Valued Customer/s,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. Its the feedback that we receive from our customers that make us better at what we do, so we thank you for acknowledging all our efforts, your kind compliments will definitely be shared with all my hard working team.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.