“Sumptuous Italian ”

Price range: US$9 - US$231
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Antonio's is truly a world class restaurant!
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Excellent ambience and host. Antonio takes good care of his guests and is very warm . We wee pure vegetarian and he could come up with excellent dishes for us . One of the finest dining experiences. Thank you Antonio .

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. I was very happy to learn that we were able to make your visit a pleasant one and that you were satisfied with our overall service and selection of vegetarian dishes, your kind feedback and compliments are very much appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again on your return visit to the Land Of Smiles.

Reviewed October 28, 2017

The owners are actual Italians ...you have to read about their story and moving to Australia.
So you can tell on their menu they have a lot of the food items that they come from Australia.
Menu has a variety of options.
Their bread they serve (focaccia) was tasty.
We ordered the Calamari appetizer .....My husband i slightly differ on opinion for them. Firstly, we both can't stand when they serve calamari with a NON-MARINARA dipping sauce. If you go to Italy you will not get a white/tartar-like sauce. So didn't like that there was no marinara for dipping. We differ in opinion regarding the texture of the fish. I thought it was ok on the verge of tough and husband definitely said it was way too tough/chewy. (Shouldn't be this way and usually means overcooked or not fresh).
Then he ordered Veal chop (breaded) and that was really tasty. I got the Veal Saltimbocca. I was so upset that we waited a bit for our food and my husbands Veal was piping hot and mine was barely luke warm which means mine was sitting for a long time waiting for my husbands to finish cooking. So they didn't properly time our dishes to be both hot.
I've worked long enough in restaurant business to know how things work int he kitchen and my family owned an Italian restaurant.
I had them remake the dish and was better. However, my dish in particular, lacked spices/seasoning and was really bland. The mushrooms and asparagus was good but again needed a little help with seasoning.
Wine that he ordered was tasty. A bit pricey though.
For dessert we ordered the Tiramisu. This dessert is typically the window of the chef if they can really prepare this dessert correctly. It was "ok" .......I did have to pour some of my fresh brewed espresso over the dessert as it was a bit dry.
The Limoncello was literally the BEST thing we had here. They make it fresh AND you can purchase a 750ml bottle if you like.
i will give this place another shot when we go back to BKK and try other dishes.

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Valued Customer/s,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. We really do appreciate your feedback and have noted some of your concerns which were highlighted in your review. Our customers feedback is extremely important to us, it helps us become a better restaurant and gives us a better understanding on the areas that need some improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Owner/ Proprietor)

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Love the upscale restaurant. Attentive and courteous staff. Calamari for appetizer was ok, a little tough for my liking. Veal Saltimbocca first came out cold. Had them redo it and was better. Had capellini with marinara which was fine. Tiramisu is homemade but not traditional way...instead of ladyfingers it was more of a cake. I mean it was ok. Their homemade Limoncello was the best of all that we tasted. You can buy a bottle (750ml) for $1200 baht which is not bad. Espresso was a bit bitter.
I really loved the ambiance and the attentiveness of all the workers. Love the romance about the place. Food is ok...needs a little help....and I'm 100% Italian.
I'd try it again...once more to see if better experience second time around

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to share your dining experience with us. Your comments are well noted, we always appreciate any feedback that we receive from our customers and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

I went to Antonio’s for my birthday dinner on Friday 6th October and it was just delightful.

Antonio is a sincere and passionate ‘mine host’ who truly knows how to offer personal service and make people feel special without any hint whatsoever of being intrusive, which is an art in itself. He came to greet us as we were being seated at our table, and checked on us regularly throughout the evening.

His employees are clearly well trained also; they were warm, friendly and efficient and did not make us feel rushed at any point. Specials were explained carefully and recommendations made, and they too knew just when to approach.

We started with the imported cold cuts antipasto, which was plentiful and delicious. Despite the extensive selection of tempting dishes and impressive specialties of the house, for main course we were both in the mood for pasta, and our two dishes were excellent both in texture and flavour. We also had the avocado shrimp salad, which was simply superb! At the end of the meal, Antonio and his team returned together to wish me Happy Birthday in a special way.

With passion, pride, and an authenticity derived from and inspired by his Italian family heritage, I highly recommend Antonio’s as a stylish and welcoming experience for fine Italian cuisine.

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's and for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review on TripAdvisor. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us, its extremely important for us to know that our customers are well taken care of and are satisfied with the service and food that we provide.

There's nothing more rewarding than receiving such wonderful feedback like yours, it makes us feel very special and gives us a great deal of satisfaction on every level, we thank you again for acknowledging all our efforts.

I will definitely be sharing your kind compliments with all my hard working team and we look forward to welcoming you back to again very soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

My family and I went to Antonio's whilst on holiday in Bangkok and were so happy with our experience, the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the food was superb and so delicious and Antonio himself came to greet us and ensure we had a great meal, the signature dishes were so fantastic and the recommended dishes are definitely worth a try! You will not be dissapointed, absolutely sublime!

Antonios31, Owner at Antonio's The Italian Experience, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Antonio's, and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It was very nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your evening with us, we are always grateful when we receive such positive feedback from our customers.

Thank you for including us as part of your holiday, we look forward to welcoming you back again on your return visit to the Land of Smiles.