All reviews close to the airport next morning one night lat krabang bangkok airport the shuttle driver free shuttle flight details an overnight stay between flights transit hotel on arrival mini bar airport pick minute drive welcome drink light sleeper
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location. Ideal if you are transiting through Bangkok. Shuttle service for international airport. Reception staff is most helpful, I had made a mistake with my booking and chose a superior room not specifying twin bed which was slightly embarrassing and although we were checking in really late when requested they promptly checked and moved us to a twin bed available without any fuss.

1  Thank mariadxb
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our plane landed on time at 1:30am, unfortunately it seemed that a number of planes had also arrived around that time. It took us almost 2 hours to clear Immigration and we didn't think our Lilac Relax transfer taxi would still be waiting for us. To our great relief he was there,cheerful and friendly. The drive from the airport is only about ten minutes but it passes through what appears to be construction sites and some rather shady looking areas, but never fear the hotel area is safe.
On arrival at the hotel we were checked in without any fuss or bother. Our room was spotless and equipped with fridge, hair drier and safe. The large bed was extremely comfortable.
The included breakfast was delightful and beautifully presented. What made this hotel stand out for us was the unpretentious friendliness of all the staff members.Without exception they made you feel welcome....they couldn't do enough for you.
While this hotel is not suited for extended stays if your holiday or business in in Bangkok proper it is perfect if you require an overnight stay either before or after flying out of into Bangkok.
There is no doubt that I would use this hotel again, in fact , I would go so far as to say that I would deliberately choose a flight that would allow me to do so.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1tassiedevil2
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Lilac. We arrived in Bangkok just before midnight and wanted to stay near the airport before heading down to Koh Chang the following morning. Lilac was a perfect solution. Our airport pickup was included in the price and went smoothly, the rooms were clean and comfortable, wifi worked perfectly, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The made-to-order breakfast was delicious. This isn't exactly a tourist area, so there’s not a lot to do. There’s a 7-11 a short walk away where you can stock up on supplies, and the temple across the canal is worth a visit. As others have mentioned this is not the best location for exploring Bangkok – it’s just too far away from the city center. But if you need a place to stay near the airport this is an excellent, well-priced option. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A great option if you have an early flight, pick up and drop off efficient, although like the last reviewer our flight was early so took a while to find the pick up person.
Room was clean and comfortable, free mini bar a lovely touch and settling everything on arrival meant no messing at 6am trying to check out.
They were waiting for us to get the bags down in the morning as well, all great service.
They took us to a local shopping area for dinner and gave us a phone to call when we were ready, all really good and efficient. We enjoyed the little night market that had some great food stalls as well as restaurants to choose from.
Would highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place really is worth the extra cash you'll spend compared to other options near the airport. It is impeccably clean and sweet. No attached dinner-service restaurant from what I recall, but everything in the modest minibar was free. There was a very nice breakfast available in the dining room next to the desk.

The only reason I took a star off was because my flight was a bit early and I wandered the airport for about forty minutes looking for my ride. I made occasional returns back to the place where I thought the shuttle driver would be. It was a bit stressful, as I had run out of minutes on my cell and couldn't for the life of me figure out those phones in BKK.

Date of stay: September 2012