“nice hostel and good location”
Review of Lub d Bangkok Siam

Lub d Bangkok Siam
Ranked #25 of 1,213 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“nice hostel and good location”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed 5 nights in a Female Dorm and it was nice. The hostel is clean and well maintained. The location is near BTS national stadium so that I don’t need tuk-tuk and taxi to go around Bangkok area.The location is near a lot of shopping centers in siam area and restaurants. Would stay there again when I'm in bangkok.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Fransisca S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I live in Central Thailand and visited Bangkok for one weekend to have my teeth cleaned. I found some great reviews for Lub D and I am glad I did. I was traveling alone so the ladies' dorm was a perfect option for me. I didn't need the fanciness of a private room as long as the accommodations were clean and comfortable. The hotel/hostel blew me away, to say the least. The lobby staff are fun and friendly, willing to give you the scoop on anything you need to know. I speak Thai so it didn't matter if they spoke English, but from what I observed almost all of the staff, aside from cleaning, spoke English. An added bonus for travelers, I would imagine. My bed was in one of two bunk beds in an immaculately clean room. The price was 500 baht/night for Saturday and Sunday, this amounts to about $15 USD. I had a shared bathroom but it was so clean I didn't mind it one bit. It was convenient. The bathroom provided soap and shampoo which made packing nice and easy. Each dorm has a very efficient air conditioner, a must in Bangkok heat during hot season. There was a night bar crawl that the hotel orchestrated but I didn't tag along. However, typically during the daytime they organize a trip as well. On Sunday I went along to Chancujak market and it was tons of fun. Also, a friend met several friends in his dorm and we all went out to the bars together. We made lots of friends, had a blast, slept comfortably and all for 15 dollars. I will go to this hostel every single time I stay in Bangkok, hands down.

Room Tip: If you are flying solo and want to meet new friends, pick a dorm. If you have some extra cash they h...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
manchester, uk
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Enjoyed our stay in this funky hostel. We had a private double room, which was decorated in a very modern way - it almost felt like a boutique hotel, at a fraction of the cost! Couldn't be handier for the BTS station - you can literally see it once you step off the train from the platform! This was a great boon, after we'd stayed in more 'high end' places that were a lot further from transport links, I'd pick this one for location hands down over other frills. Only complaint was that the breakfast options in the cafe were limited, but there's plenty of stuff nearby - head to one of the big malls in siam square for a super foodie treat! Overall, wouldn't hesitate to recommmend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Spend my last night on this hotel/hostel in Bangkok. Cheap, honest and with staff always ready to help. Near a BTS station and a short tuktuk/taxi ride to Khao San Road.
Booked it because it would be easy to get to the airport from the trip home, and it really is.
Stayed in a double room with bathroom. Small, but clean and well organized, with reasonable bed quality.
A big shopping center and a 7/11 just a few steps away and also really near Jim Thompson's house.
A good option for a medium-low budget.
Would stay there again, with no doubts.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a Female Dorm and it was a very good experience! The hostel is very clean especially the sharing bathroom/showers which are very well maintained. The room was a little smelly but confortable and the staff is very friendly. Possibility to have breakfast and the location is near a lot of shopping centers, massage places, restaurants. Easy to reach from the airport with the skytrain and quite in the center of the city. I would definitely recommand this place for any backpackers or group of friends looking for an affordable but confortable option.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary,AB
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Spent 4 nights here in a private double after coming from Australia. It was very cheap compared to hostels there, but expensive compared with others in Bangkok. We didn't sweat the price as we had a fantastic stay and would definitely come back.

Pros - Great location, right across the street from MBK, the shopping and eating options are near endless. Also easy to describe to taxis if you don't speak Thai.
- Very helpful English speaking staff, everyone there was awesome!
- Cheap and filling continental breakfast, 80 baht if I remember correctly.
- The decor in our room were great, it's a concrete building so it can seem dingy, but we felt right at home in our room.
- A/C worked fantastic inside the room.
- Clean, our room and the bathrooms were always spotless. There was always a staff member cleaning.
- QUIET! the concrete building filtered out all the noise, the street was always busy outside but we had fantastic sleeps.

Cons - The breakfast meals were good, but the rest of the food that they offer are just frozen and reheated. We tried one meal and didn't have another.

We don't have much to complain about for Lubd Siam, we had a fantastic stay. Would recommend to anyone who travels to Bangkok. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I spent 5 nights here at Lub*D Siam Square. I had a private room, and I must say it was beyond my expectation.

The staffs were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. Although it is harder to meet people here than other hostels, and the staffs don't really help you much in meeting new people. But they do have events set up for you to meet other travelers, and you just have to talk to people more on your own.

The room was comfortable and the bed was restful. Although there was a construction next door, but I barely notice the noise, especially with my ear plugs. The shower has superb water pressure, it would be nice to have a fridge in the room, but I lived without it.

I booked the Ayutthaya tour and the Floating Market plus Elephant Ride through them. They were both totally organized and made my life much easier with the limited time I had in Bangkok.

The location of this hostel was superb. It was right next to a BTS station, Which made my 6 days here tuk-tuk and taxi free. I took the trains and the ferry boats to all the major attractions in Bangkok. The food court at Paragon Plaza about 5 minute walking distance away was my daily dining spot.

Overall, This place was fantastic, and I will def. be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo