Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe
US$615
US$459
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
All reviewsflower marketwat phogrand palacekhao san roadwalking distancemajor attractionsthai languagecrazy cityminute walkquiet hotelair conthe location is perfectthree nightsnoodlestaxi drivernice roomrooms are large
Reviewed January 29, 2012

1 km walk from kaohsan road, in a quiet and green environment

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liat_Y
Reviewed December 28, 2011

First up, yes, it's true. The hotel can be a bit difficult to find as my cabby too had difficulties. Technically it shouldn't be that difficult but perhaps a better map on the web site would be helpful. Now that I've been there, it's really quite easy to find.

In any case, that and a weak cable tv signal are my only complaints.

That being said, the location was a huge benefit to me. Close to the river, the Grand Palace and only a 15 minutes walk from Khao San.

The hotel is a three sided box with a very nicely manicured garden courtyard with some extremely attractive water features. The bar was also very, very nice.

I thought the staff were top notch. They were always helpful and consistently did anything they could do to assist.

The room was clean and crisp. The AC worked well and the washroom was fine albeit in the style of other places I've stayed in Thailand with a shower head in the washroom itself and not isolated in a stall although this one did have a shower curtain (just watch out for a wet floor). The room also had a nice sized safe (my Netbook fit with no problem), electric kettle, hair dryer and a small fridge/mini-bar with space for your own items too.

Back to the restaurant .... I thought the food was always very good and while someone here said it was too expensive, I did not find that to be the case as you are always going to pay a small premium for hotel food and drinks compared to Khao San or any other street location. I found the prices to eminently reasonable.

The room rate was very good too IMO.

I would like to thank the staff for a wonderful stay. Every individual did their best to please. I'd have no hesitation in staying their again depending on my location needs.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank David B
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The hotel is really really nice, with a great looking bar area as well, though I never went to it. Your cab will have a hard time finding this place, so this is the GPS coordinate. Type it into your smartphone and you will get right to it: 13.748553,100.497875

The bed was large and the room was clean and new-feeling. It was quite easy to walk from here to the river or to Wat Po, maybe 0.5 miles or so. The neighborhood felt safe. Great place! They even took my laundry after it was too late, and thank god because I was out of underwear!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Cameronjpu
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This hotel was very comfortable and in a great location for quiet, yet close to any of the sights we wished to see while visiting Bangkok. Our room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Woodstock_CanadaLand
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Firstly we got the hotel pick up in a taxi which was a tad expensive but no hassle as I had printed off the mp online. Having said that get any taxi and would expect to pay around 300 baht so much cheaper.

As soon as we arrived about 7.30am we were taken up to our room. The rooms in the guesthouse are spacious, cleaned to a high standard and have everything u need for a pleasant stay including hair dryer, kettle, towels etc.
The gardens and bar/ restaurant areas are what makes this place stand out from the rest. Feung nakorn is a little oasis in the frantic city of Bangkok, a quiet and peaceful haven away from the crowds.
To summarise if you want to stay somewhere with character, close to the grand palace and temples, near khao San road but far away enough from it, friendly staff and clean rooms then book now! You will not regret it x

• Stayed: December 2011