All reviewsnight marketfood stallslumpini parklocationbtsthailandmicrowaveconsconveniencetaxis
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I think two things rock about this place - the location ( walking distance from Main Road in Silom, hardly 2 mins!!) - you ve the market, eatery, 7-11's, MRT (abt 10 min walk) and secondly, the spacious clean rooms - enough space, great beds, clean bathrooms. All in all, great value for money. Only wish they provided breakfast (but they don't ve space for that!).

One more point, if you invite any friends over, they wont let them stay in your room beyond midnight (even if its only for a beer and chat!!) - quite a let down but nevermind, we did let our friends out.

Room Tip: Guess all rooms are same - all of 20 rooms on 5 floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sanyamk
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Baan Silom is a small, recently redecorated hotel on Soi 3 in a good location for enjoying the Thai nightlife. Patpong is a 300 meter walk, crossing Silom. The room is basic, but very clean. It had a large window covered with slat blinds which we never opened as the view was only of the dirt behind adjacent residences.

We stayed five nights on two different visits. The second time we had a car and the owner kindly let us park for two nights in one of the four spots in front of the hotel. The outside veranda is very comfortable with nice touches in the garden with small pond. I sat there for some time using the free wireless internet, which by the way never seemed to be working properly on my floor.

It's a good value for this area, and we would stay there again in the future for sure.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room or end of the line, but that's me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We'we lived here for 6 days and 5 nights. Excellent location, near metro, this hotel is a pleasant surprise. Lots of shops, restaurants and food stalls nearby. Room space for large light and very clean, the air conditioning is a little noisy. Staff is very friendly, 24 hours security and counter staff, very safe, though in a lively area, but the hotel is very quiet in the alley is the choice of value for money, if the opportunity or will choose to live here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights before heading back home. I booked the room at 9.30 the morning and went to the place at 12.30 pm in the afternoon. We had no problem even checking in a little earlier than we should. The lady was very nice and helpful, so as the security guy. The location is excellent. You can, technically, walk to both Saladeang or Chong Nonsee BTS station less than 10 minutes. The room was average, definitely not fancy, but not too bad at all. Street food is all around the area so as the more expensive restaurants. This place is, by far, the best budget hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Okay so we stayed here for two nights. Booked the room because it had good reviews on TA. I'm happy to say it met my expectations.

Pros:
LOCATION: great location near the night market and party scene. Also, there's food everywhere and within walking distance. Although its in a very busy area the hotel is tucked away on a quiet street right across 7/11. Sky train is close by as well. We loved the location bc it's walking distance from the party scene.
HOTEL ITSELF: very clean, didn't smell, friendly staff, easy taxi access. They have a safe in the room and a Hyde bathroom. The AC worked perfectly even though it kept getting TOO cold if you wanna be picky. I didn't see any bugs or roaches thank god. I was actually surprised because even some 5 star hotels have a bug or two.

Cons:

THE INTERNET WIFI SUCKS!! It pretty much is unusuable and we couldnt get online not ONCE!! But literally right next door there's an Internet cafe that charged 30baht for 30 minutes to use their computers. So it was okay.

Overall I'd definitely stay here again. Really recommend this place if you want to be in the heart of all the action but also be able to sleep at night :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple