“My favotite hotel in Silom”
Review of Baan Silom Soi 3

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #124 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2015

This is my favourite hotel in Silom, still...!!

I have stayed here for 4 to 5 times when I am in Bangkok, the location of the hotel is ideal for everything, food, shopping, public transport, clubbing and massage, you name it you get it..!! Some may think it is quite far to walk from Saladeang BTS station or Chong Nonsi BTS station but I have no problem with it because there are lot of food stalls and shops along the way where you can get some snack on the way back to hotel.

There is local morning market at the back of the hotel where you can have a bowl of noodle, chicken rice or som tam for breakfast and you can also enjoy a cup of coffee in the roadside café. Besides that you can get some fresh fruits in the market and cloths shopping here too.

Generally the hotel is in white colour, even the room. The room is big and also the king size bed is very comfort. The toilet is big and clean and what I like the most is the shower with strong water.

I will definitely go to stay in this hotel again because I just love the comfort bed :-)

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room because you will have a bigger toilet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NO_0502

Reviewed 4 January 2015

I will start by saying I am reviewing this hotel based on the number of stars in it's rating -- to compare this hotel to a 5 star would be a disservice. That said, for the price and location, I found this hotel to be excellent. The room was clean, the staff was warm and welcoming, and they even upgraded me to a deluxe room for free. The shower wasn't very warm, but that would be my only complaint. As far as the room itself goes, mine was clean and spacious, with excellent natural light, and the bathroom was enormous. The location is great, there is a food market next door with amazing street food, coffee, shopping, ATM's, and a 7-11 across the street. You can walk to so many great things from this hotel, it suited me perfectly. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2014

Boutique hotel, clean rooms with basic amenities ie towels, hair dryer, shampoo, etc and even a safe deposit box. No breakfast provided but there are instant coffee packets, biscuits and bananas at the lobby for the guests. Friendly and helpful staff, who will help you hail a cab and tell and explain to the driver your destination you are heading to. Nearby the hotel there's the weekday morning market which has everything from clothings to food. Bakery just about 100m away from hotel sells yummy coconut tarts and the little cafe just next to it offers good matcha latte.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bel6
Reviewed 24 November 2014

One of the best place to stay in downtown Bangkok.Staffs are friendly. Mr.Skon,the owner is easily accessible.The rooms are clean and comfortable.I will book the place again in my next visit. The Wifi signals are strong too.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sid_Saikia
KnOt1sT, Manager at Baan Silom Soi 3, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2014

Thank you for compliment! We are glad to service your stay!

Reviewed 2 November 2014

First of all, the location is amazing as it should be (middle of Silom town). Access to food and public transport is no hassle, plenty of them. Sala Daeng BTS Station is roughly 5-7 mins walk away and next to the hotel, there's Lalai Sap market.

We reached the hotel pretty early, around 9am in the morning, leave our baggage and decided to go for walk before the usual 2pm check-in. Initially we wanted to have an early check-in but, it will cost us THB700. So we say no.

As we walked back to the hotel around 5pm, we were surprised that our room has been upgraded from SPG5 Apartment to Superior Room, which was a bonus for us ! Thumbs up for the upgrade. Room was ok, with all the necessity required (hair dryer, safety box, TV, fridge ... etc) Probably the only thing i would recommend is to have a better shaded curtain for the room. The curtain blinds just doesn't work. Also if you could have hot water dispenser in the room would be good, rather than have to walk down to the lobby to fetch hot water, which i find abit troublesome.

Overall, if you are on a shopping spree in Bangkok and seldom in the hotel, probably this is the hotel to consider. New, clean and low density.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ckbeep
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is just average for me. It has seen better days; my room did not look as good as in the website photos. The room floor was really dusty when I checked in - probably has not been occupied in days. Even the bedside tables were dusty.

There's only a hair dryer and safety box; no kettle or coffee although this was stated in the website (there is hot water and coffee/tea sachets at the reception).

There's only shower gel and shampoo in the shower area - no hand soap in the wash basin, or even a glass for toothbrushes, which was really annoying. We found the pillows too high - woke up with neckaches.

It is 10-15 minutes walk to train station. The good thing is the many food stalls near the hotel. Considering the condition of the room and the very basic amenities, this hotel is over-priced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clarissachou
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my second time staying at Baan Silom Soi 3. It would have been a 3rd but they were full during one of my trips. I really like this hotel. I think mostly because the staff is so genuinely nice. The location is so good too. It's in the middle of everything but just down soi 3 so it's not noisy. Always a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple