“Great location and view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hansar Bangkok Hotel

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #24 of 844 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location and view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I went with my wife to Bangkok from Singapore to visit some friends. We would usually stay with them but as they have a young baby-boy now we took a hotel - not too far from their home.
The service in the Hansar was great and the everybody very friendly. They breakfast is nice and it is possible that friends come around for brunch - but they have to pay.
The bathroom in the suits are great and you. Everything made of glass and you have a nice bath-tap in the middle of the room.
Sorrily the bar on first floor closes around 12am. I never went to the roof top.
If you like massages the service in the hotel is great, but make reservation.

Room Tip: Take the suite with view to the golf club!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

As a frequent traveler to Bangkok, there are many 5 star Hotels to choose from.
The Hansar is a touch of quiet luxury in a busy city.

Personal service, beautiful rooms, great amenities the Hansar most certainly stands out as a great hotel.

The rooms, Edge Suite is excellent, 2 rooms, beautiful bathrooms with all the amenities you could ask for, great bed. 2 Flat Screen TV’s .The rooms are quiet.

Spending 9 Nights in the Hotel you tend to get picky at small things, this was not the case with the Hansar. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home.

Eve Restaurant, the food and service are first class and compliments the Hotel.

The Spa is relaxing and the professional.

Visiting Bangkok for 1 day or 1 week, the Hansar is by far my first choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TBGH
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

So I was visiting family during the holidays and my parents wanted to take a day trip. So I decided to spoil myself by staying here for one night. I was really lazy and just stayed here for the day. I literally didn't leave the facility since I didn't have to.

So I checked in the afternoon and had to wait for the receptionist since there was a couple checking in ahead of me. But the process was nice and easy. After getting settled, I went to downstairs for an afternoon snack at Boca. Their Kao Soy was really good and I enjoyed the curry noodle soup. Then I proceeded to head upstairs to Luxsa where I got a oil massage. The service was nice and the masseuse made sure I was comfortable and enjoyed all two hours of relaxing.

For dinner I went to Eve and had their Wagyu short rib dish (can't fully remember what it was called). But I really enjoyed it, I wouldn't eat this every day, but it had this rich and delicious taste that I wouldn't mind going back and ordering it again. The service and ambiance was relaxing and comfortable, especially since I was eating by myself. Proceeded to go back to my room and take it easy. I am a night owl and got hungry after doing some work in my room so I ordered some room service. It came at a fashionable time and hit the spot without feeling heavy like eating American fast food. Proceeded to wake up around 9:30pm and have a nice breakfast at Eve. Drank some tea at Boca while reading the news and a book. Then checked out around 2pm.

Sorry for the long review, but I really enjoyed staying here. Even if it was for two days. Worth the money and I always tell my friends to check this place out to stay. Your are in the city, but you don't feel like it.

The only con was that my room was near the service elevator and I could hear it every once and awhile.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank foodandspalover
Silves, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in January. As everyone else says, the rooms are wonderful - comfortable beds, great shower and some bar snacks and beers replenished daily. We also appreciated the laundry facilities in the room as had been on the road for a while and needed to use them.

The breakfast is fantastic too - loads of choice and beautifully laid out. We also ate in both the restaurant and the cafe. Both are well worth worth visiting although the cafe closes quite early.

The location is great - very close to the sky train although of you have luggage there are lots of stairs and I didn't see a lift.

We used the hotel's 5 series BMW limo transfer to and from the airport, which was expensive for Bangkok, but well worth it. It take a lot of hassle out of the equation when you're tired after a long flight.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iberian_Lynx
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed for 4 nights from 11th February. On arrival was upgraded to a suite. The accommodation is ultra modern with all mod cons. Beautiful bathroom with great rain shower. Has also a complimentary mini bar with small selection of drinks and snacks which are refreshed daily - nice touch. Breakfast was nice mix of western and asian fare. Elegant buffet and impeccable table service. Speedy and efficient bellboy service at the entrance particularly Ong the head bellboy.Excellent location just two minutes walk from the skytrain. I managed to find the time to use the pool area twice - wonderful infinity pool and relaxing lounge area again with impeccable service.
Overall this boutique hotel is everything one could want, one of the nicest and friendliest hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Normanzy
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed at the Hansar Feb 5-8th. The hotel was my favourite part of Bangkok with excellent service, comfortable beds, nice powerful shower and the best breakfast buffet EVER! I spent my birthday in Bangkok and after a night out, i found a delicious chocolate cake waiting for me in the room. The staff must have noticed the date from my passport. The location is good, just a short 2 min walk from the skytrain. Doesn't seem like a lot of taxis know where the location is (as it is fairly new, and half residence half hotel), but just tell them the Four Seasons or St. Regis and you can walk down the block. The staff here really spoil you. Upon entering the pool area, the staff will lay the towel on the chair for you, then hand you a bottle of water. Almost forgot to mention the complimentary mini bar, bottled water AND WASHER/DRYER in the room! The hotel is honest. They overcharged us (we didn't even noticed) and 2 days later we received an e-mail saying they would refund us the difference. I would most definitely recommend the Hansar to anyone visiting Bangkok.

2 Thank CdnSophia
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was a fantastic hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The rooms were spacious with luxurious bathrooms and the beds were incredible - I wanted to take it home with me! The wifi was free and fast (a rarity these days!)and it was great to be able to take a dip in the infinity pool after a day in the hustle of Bangkok. One piece of advice, when we booked we were offered a choice of freebies - we chose the free minibar, which turned out to be just four cans to drink - if you get the same option, then maybe chose something else? The breakfasts here were fantastic too - definitely worth getting up for!

1 Thank londongirl05