“Brilliant”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #42 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hansar is up there with the best. Rooms are huge and offer options such as a kitchen if you want, the staff were amazing, food and breakfast wonderful, pool spotless and pool bar great, location good and so much more. For an Aussie it is 5 star luxury at a 3 star price.
I highly recommend this hotel for couples and business travelers. It would also be great for a family or anyone else; I just think it would be perfect for a couple or business traveler in particular.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hansar Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hansar was brilliant. Beautifully designed and equipped room, excellent service, great breakfast, central location. BUT, we had a most unpleasant experience when our room safe was robbed, and money removed . Suddenly, hotel staff were telling us that their security systems were perfect (implication being that we were somehow at fault). On returning to Australia, we have checked with reputable security people and have been told that the Hansar security system could be circumvented by knowledgeable people. So, we are happy to recommend the place as a great hotel - just don't trust the security.

2  Thank TheCr00ks
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband booked this Hotel as part of a surprise Birthday trip and he chose very well. Staff brilliant, professional and lovely. Room is huge with cool bathroom. Would definitely recommend as an alternative to the stock standard hotels.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had an absolutely fantastic stay at Hansar hotel in Bangkok. We were there for a weekend trip and all staff beat all expectations. Friendly staff, great hotel, breakfast was amazing.

The stay at Hansar didnt leave anything more to be wished for. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed here for 2 days in an Edge suit.
What I expect from a suite hotel -- spacious Room ,a good bathroom, big TV, great service and good room service. THIS HAD IT ALL
Room was excellent plenty of space a desk and lounge looking at the TV another lounge bed in the alcove. Entrance with the greenery gave a terrific feel to the room.
Bathroom and dressing room was the biggest I have ever had --fantastic shower with a separate large bath. Double vanities and plenty of storage and hanging space for clothes.
Two TV's both large flat screen (one in bedroom)
We had room service twice both times it was quick and quality was very good.
Sky train stop is within 100metres and shopping center 800 meters away.
Pool area is also excellent with a bar change rooms with lockers.
Overall the service was excellent

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We land. Its hot. We are tired. Its my birthday.

My girlfirend has booked the Hansar as a surprise. I know nothing.

We arrive.

We site down. "Credit card please". "ok thanks, can we sit down? have you got any water?"

Payment is taken.

Something isn't right. My partner knows it. I know it.

A keffule.

The receptionist comes over. She ignores my girlfriend. "I'm sorry Sir, your suite is not ready".

Surprise ruined.

Girlfriend in tears.

"Why? it is 5pm and we have paid for the room from 2pm?"

"It was thai new year last night. Our guest had a big night and needed to stay longer."

"We have a standard room you can wait in."

We express our concerns. They are ignored.We have nowhere to go apart from the the standard room.

"Don't worry, it is a 5 star hotel. They will fix this" I say. They don't.

Thirsty.

Hungry.

"Are you going to try and right this wrong?" "Erm, yes sir. Would you like some food?"

We order.

"That is too much. Please choose less." They say.

This continues for 4 hours. We become a burden.

Finally we are allowed into our room. Now our holiday can begin...

Or does it?

To be continued...

Its nice to see the room

Room Tip: Go elswhere.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
114  Thank sjfe
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This place is amazing.
I stayed in the edge suite and it had everything i could need, on top of that the hotel has very friendly staff , excellent amenities , great location, and just a really nice all round atmosphere. Personally I'm not into the classic Marriott , Sheraton style of hotels , so I took up my Thai friends recommendation of Hansar. I have travelled to many countries and only a handful of hotels have come close to this standard but I have to say none have bettered, so next time your in Bangkok give this place a try, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo