“Amazing Rooms”

Ranked #39 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Rooms”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights while sight seeing/shopping in Bangkok. The Hansar has a lovely appeal and a great location close to the BTS Sky Train (station: Ratchadamri). The BST is SO easy to use and to get around on, I wouldn't bother going through the hassle of bartering for tuk tusk/taxis if you want to go in the local area (e.g. MBK, Terminal 21). You can walk to Siam Paragon from the hotel. The biggest highlight was the rooms - they are so spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. I also had a massage at the spa and it was amazing - very professional and relaxing. After check out when I was at the airport I realised I had left my mobile phone in my hotel room. I immediately rang the hotel and they had it at the front desk for me, which I was very grateful for. However, the process of trying to retrieve my phone became very complicated with emails and phone calls not being returned. I accept 100% responsibility for leaving my phone behind but I believe what separates a hotel from the rest is the service they provide after check out and when situations like this arise. I was certainly disappointed with the way they responded and I excepted better of a 5 Star hotel. This is one of the reasons I have rated this hotel low but I know this is just my experience and if you don't leave your phone behind, it won't be yours!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AussieMegg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hobart
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed in an Urban Room, which had a garden in it. The link to the green was very relaxing indeed. The food and drinks in the mini bar were complimentary. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the TV in the bedroom and living room, made leaving the room hard.
Their green policy about having ventilated hallways is fantastic, and it is lovely have a breeze on the higher floors when you step our of your room. We checked out at 2pm, and were invited to come back and shower before our 10pm flight.
All up lovely. Thank you. Highly recommend. The staff are wonderful. Free Wifi throughout the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to have a shower there if your flight is past checkout time. Use the 8th Floor pool area.
1 Thank Pinchy2000
Roma
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We spent only one night at the Hansar but for what I've seen it is perfect.
Great location near Siam Paragon. The sky train stops just around the corner but the hotel is in a quiet street.
As we arrived we had a wonderful welcome with a room upgrade.
The Vertigo suite is huge and very comfortable. The decor is modern stylish but still warm. Staff is kind and efficient.
The breakfast buffet is good even if not too various and the pool at the 8th floor is a nice place where to relax.
As i said before we spent only one night here and hadn't the time to try the restaurant. For sure next time here we will.

1 Thank ioio65
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Having stayed in four hotels during our tour of Thailand, we decided the Hansar was the definite winner in terms of comfort, ambience and service. It’s tucked away in a little sidestreet by Ratchadamri Skytrain station, but its exterior belies the very attractive interior space and décor, done it a kind of modern Thai style with lots of dark wood panelling and tastefully placed works of art – it almost seems like a museum! Reception is upstairs from the ground floor, and provides a very well-appointed sitting area, bar and library.

The staff on reception were excellent, and upgraded us to a very spacious “Urban Suite” on arrival, which had a good sized bedroom, sitting room with desk and couches, and a very good bathroom / dressing room with a massive shower that provided a positive deluge of hot water. Also included was a free mini-bar (beer and soft drinks), which was a very nice feature!

Breakfast was certainly amongst the most civilized we’ve ever had in any hotel, served in three spacious rooms and a terrace on the ground floor. There was a very good buffet, and a fine choice of cooked breakfast which could be ordered from the menu. And it was the only hotel we stayed in in Thailand that served real orange juice as opposed to stuff made from concentrate.

The Hansar prides itself on being an eco-friendly hotel – though this may just be an excuse for not spending money on air conditioning in the hotel’s corridors, which are completely open to the elements (or as the hotel puts it – “allow natural cooling” – some hope in hot, sweaty Bangkok!). But cooling in the rooms and main areas such as the restaurants, bars, reception etc was perfectly OK.

The service was very good and attentive – only slight niggle was the laundry service was very expensive by Thai standards – about 200 Baht to clean a shirt! So we took our laundry home with us.

But overall this is a very stylish place with a lot of ambience and atmosphere – it feels more like a very upmarket private residence than a hotel. Not the cheapest place we stayed in, but for 5,000 Baht it was worth every penny and made a real difference to the last four days of our Thailand holiday.

Room Tip: Go for and Urban Suite
1 Thank Nigel-Gordon-Walker
Malaysia
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My second stay in Hansar. I had dropped my mobile and the taxi late one evening, taxi had brought it back to the hotel bell captain. Lucky (his name, how apt) had somehow realised it belonged to me and speedily informed me that i had left my phone in the cab. I am forever grateful for this. Will i come back? in a heartbeat. Love this hotel.

1 Thank GBL77
New York
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Vertigo suite was amazing. The location of this hotel is also very convenient. It's close to the Sky Train and only a relatively short walk to the mall. Staff here are wonderful as well. Stayed at the Hansar in Koh Samui right after our stay in Bangkok. This hotel group has the perfect approach to customer service. Highly recommend.

1 Thank SMFNYC1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This very well located boutique hotel (site between Four seasons and St Regis hotels) and minutes walk from shopping zone, has got most things going for it but it must improve its customer service. You can wait for 5 minutes at an almost empty lounge for service (hopefully you get it from about 5 people standing around). The room 1215 (urban suite) is a joy to enter with a green wall (live plants) growing behind a glass "hothouse" running and connecting through all levels of the hotel like its spine. But the facing of the hotel was really bad as tall condominiums look right into most of the hotel rooms with ending # 01 through 19. Ask for non-condo facing rooms. Breakfast was nothing to shout about and where you have to ask for bacon or sausage as its not on the breakfast buffet table.

Room Tip: Spacious urban suite rooms. I stayed at 1215 it faced condo across the road. Avoid room numbers en...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business