“Service slow, food not great, friendly staff, portion sizes good.”

Soul Food Mahanakorn
Ranked #316 of 12,644 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My friend had the Massaman Curry, it didn't taste that authentic it was just ok. I asked for vegetable curry not too spicy and the waitress said it was not possible. She recommended I order the kale which I did and I couldn't eat it all as it was too spicy and fully of red chilli. The restaurant was full of Western people no Thai's in sight and the service was very slow as it was full. The portion sizes are good and the staff are friendly but I wouldn't go back again, the tables are very close together so you can clearly hear everyone's conversation. Limited vegetarian and no vegan options.

2  Thank joannehurley

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed in this place the telling sign is there were no Thai people here at all. But went because of the reviews. The massaman curry was ok but have had much better elsewhere. The duck curry was so salty you could not eat it. Ok so things do go wrong but we sent it back there was no apology or offer to replace it and they charged us for it. Cannot work out what they were doing in the kitchen but this dish was way off and just one taste you the cook and they would know it was wrong. On top of this way overpriced for the quality Much better elsewhere in thong lo

2  Thank Foodie247655
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Came here twice over 4 nights in Bangkok. Loved the menu and the food is beyond tasty. They also play really good music at just the right volume. Quite a lot of expats seem to come here based on the clientele on both nights plus hip locals.

Staff are really friendly without being obtrusive and are able to explain the menu well in English.

Highlights were the mango with sticky rice, soup and deep fried chicken. Unfortunately couldn’t eat the crab pad Thai as it was super greasy but it was the only thing we didn’t like and they took it off the bill straight away.

Prices are reasonable for quality of food. It’s a 2 minute walk done from Thonglor station

Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

My mom and I came here for dinner. Would recommend making a reservation bc the place was so packed that we were lucky to get a seat at the bar. At first, I was disappointed in the lack of vegetarian curries and noodles, but the red curry that I got was so amazing that it made up for it. The fresh lime soda paired perfectly with the spiciness of the curry. Also, the sauce served with the mango and sticky rice was on a whole other level. I loved everything I ate, as did my mom. She got fried chicken and shrimp skewers and was in heaven.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Service great, good vibe, food is phenomenal for the price. Will be on the list every time we’re in Bangkok.