“Well Though Out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #172 of 846 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Well Though Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you're currently thinking of whether to book this hotel, let me help you decide.

1. Location - The location is very convenient. It is but a few steps away from the National Stadium BTS station and MBK. The BTS station is so near the hotel that if you need to cross the road, you would actually be using the BTS overpass. Jim Thompson House, a popular tourist destination is also but a few steps away. There is also a 7-11 nearby for your late night ice cream craving. You can also walk to Siam Paragon if you can stand the heat but otherwise it's one train station away.

2. Room - The room size is adequate, it's design modern and is very clean.

I have a gorgeous view of the stadium.

You are also provided with two pillow types, use whatever you fancy. Personally, I would have preferred the firm ones to be a little firmer.

There's also an iPod / iPhone dock which seems to be a stable nowadays.

Another nice touch is that delivery menu is provided so you are not restricted to ordering room service if you find yourself lazy and hungry.

The toilet is simple, clean and I love the design. You actually have to open the shower door and use it to close the toilet. The Shampoo / body wash comes in a dispenser so it's better if you bring your own. Other amenities like toothbrush and razor, you have to specifically ask for. Their towels are large, fluffy and smells real nice.

Some other notes on the room:
There are plenty of universal sockets and as it is universal, there's no need to bring your adapters.

Wardrobe is spacious and a safe is also provided.

There are no bathrobes but there are slippers.

Coffee making facility is available.

A empty mini-ref is also available. You'd be glad to know there are no mini-bar beverages and snacks.

3. Hotel Facilities

The lobby is small but serves its purpose. There are also two computers which you can use to surf or check your emails.

There's a garden right outside if you just want to stay out, sit and relax.

I was surprised but glad to see that they have a laundry area.

They also have vending machines and goodies are priced per normal.
There's no pool and I didn't check if there's a gym. I checked the hotel guide provided in the room and there's no mention of it. The good thing is you can use the stadium opposite to do a little bit of running which I did.

4. Wifi is free! Most importantly, it is very strong and stable.

5. Breakfast is served at the great room. One part is quite elegant which could pass off as a fine dining restaurant, the other part looks like your classy cafeteria which I prefer more.

There were only a few items, just enough to get you going. It's quite thoughtful that trays are provided as well. You get everything that you need at once instead of repeatedly going back to your table just because you can no longer carry that glass of juice.

If you're in a hurry, they actually have takeaway breakfast for you.

Overall, I'm impressed. Everything was well thought out and as they say, everything that you need, nothing that you don't.

Check out the photos here: http://bauerfan.blogspot.com/2012/04/holiday-inn-express-siam.html

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view of the stadium.
11 Thank Carlo617

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stated at the Holiday Inn Express Siam for 15 nights, Friendly staff, Great location, Nice room, Very Clean, we dont like (noise from the hotel because not finished yet - breakfast was very little choices - no water spray in the toilet)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a no-nonsense up front hotel, pleasantly furnished and with a clean and fresh appearance. Check in was a little slow but friendly and my platinum card gave me a slightly bigger corner room. The bathroom is very large with the usual Holiday Inn Express "attached to the wall" toiletries. The bed which is queen size was extremely comfortable and the room itself was quietly located. The usual choice of pillows was available, as were toothpastes and shaving kit from the front desk. The internet is free in the rooms - a great bonus and the breakfast was perfectly adequate and served in a lovely bright venue on the 7th floor. Good value for money and perfectly located next to one of the sky train stations and walkable to the famous MBK shopping complex.

3 Thank RalphSingapore66
Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here only 1 night but I was impressed too much. The hotel is very new and well decorated, food were good and breakfast space was nice. But the most important thing was that the staff here. The receptionists were very helpful, friendly especially Ms. Kikkini. She gave me her lovely smiles whenever I saw her and she was just so GREAT when called my name even thought I was not a long staying guest. The room was also very clean.

If you would like to enjoy a comfortable stay by yourself, just choose this hotel and enjoy serving yourself!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room
2 Thank GarfieldMay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Having stayed in holiday inn chain of hotels for many years, I'm naturally excited when I learned about this one on the Internet. Since this is a new hotel, I expect some minor hiccups. But not to the extent it would affect my views about the brand. That said, I would like to share some not so good experience I've had over the past 4 days.
1) Gym is not ready. No information was given during reservation. Only found out upon check in;
2) Breakfast is poorly made. I don't mind the lack of variety but at the very least, the food should taste good. It need not have expensive ingredients. Just like Bangkok's street food. I've had fully-satisfying meals for 40 baht and they taste wonderful. Point to note: pastries are OK. The scramble eggs, fried rice, and congee are bad. Either change your menu or replace your cook;
3) Poor coordination by Front Desk Personnel. Late check out of 2pm was granted by the assistant during check in. Since I'm checking out tomorrow, I reminded the front desk again just now that I'll check out only after my appointment is concluded. To my amazement, the attendants (different ones tonight) told me that there is nothing in their system and the best they could do is to grant me until 1pm. I was naturally upset. If the hotel policy strictly forbids it, I would have made other arrangements with my appointment if known earlier.
I know the hotel manager reads the input at Trip Advisor so here's hoping that these constructive criticism will be translated into positive actions.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ChrisKSL
Sujitra S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Ikeats,

Firstly thank you for choosing the new Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam for your recent stay. I also wanted to thank you for the above review. It gives us as a new hotel a chance to learn, practice and improve on areas.
We will definitely be taking the points mentioned very seriously and making improvements to enhance future guest experiences.
To answer some of your points;
1) The Gym will be finished by end of May. We recently updated our website to reflect this. Measures will be made to inform as many guests as possible moving forward.
2) Although we have had some great reviews about breakfast we take your comments on-board and I will personally be reviewing this area to further investigate.
3) Again our front office team are developing and learning. This example is something that we will use in the future to further increase our guest experience at Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam.

In summary your constructive criticism will be used to translate into positive actions and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam again soon.

Regards,
Sue - General Manager
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is it and considering I have stayed in every square Km of BKK's center, this one is the most ideally located (approx 30 meters from the Skytrain (National Stadium), 10 mins walk from Siam Square/Siam Paragon Shopping complex/2 Mins Walk to a huge Tescos) , the safest of neighborhoods (no bars or dark alleys to go into) and a fantastic room and hotel!!!

Nothing to complain about and that is a first. It's all good!!! The only thing I could have asked for was a possibility for an early check-in but that was not on offer which is not uncommon so we were expecting that. So we had to wait from 8am arrival till 12am to get our room (checkin starts 2pm, as normal). We went to Siam square in the morning and then to Paragon but a red eye requires a clean bed waiting, I think everyone knows how that feels.

Friendly staff on the reception, they are new, I guess in six months they may wear and tear and become a bit "less friendly" "thai" standard which is probably still very good.

Everything is self service (Hence the EXPRESS TAG) so be prepared to drag your cases to your room.

Elevators are the fastest I have ever been in the world. Press the button and voila, 5 seconds latter, it's there, and 5 seconds after that, 15th floor!!! Presto.

Express breakfast is lovely, lots of pastries, lots of juices (do taste a bit odd, like squash) and a coffee machine however worth filling up for a good walk into town. Lots of fresh fruits and yogurts on offer as well including chicken sausages and other hot breakfast items. Great breakfast restaurant as well.

Rooms a spacious, very clean, very well decorated and 5 star quality, has EXCELLENT WIFI coverage and it's totally FREE and VERY VERY HIGH SPEED connections (unto 8 MPBS Downloads and 8 UPs, this could be because the hotel is still not filled to capacity as yet, it being new and all). Bathrooms are wonderful and well lit. Showers are large and powerful (Clean and powerful). A/C units are very good and maintain the temps extremely well. You get a choice of soft and hard pillows :)

One of the best hotels in town for only 1,999 Bahts/Night + tax!!! I still can't believe this!!! Real hotel value is around 5,000 - 6,000 Baht/Night.

Best hotel in town today!!! Can't compete. I am staying back here on my next visit, no question.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Icekewler
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend at the Holiday Inn Express. My husband & I have been to Bangkok many times and have stayed in many hotels but this is our favorite hotel so far. Apparently a new hotel, everything's looks and smell fresh and NEW. Other than not having a pool, it certainly beats many other hotels costing the same amount or more.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, good size and modern. The location is convenient, within a short walk (less than 200m) from MBK and Sam Discovery, followed by Siam Paragon and Siam Square.
Simple but tasty breakfast is served every morning on the 7th flr.
Above all the points mentioned, I think that they have among the Best, most helpful and friendly hotel staff we have meet in Thailand. They go out of their way to make sure that your trip is great. Including running out to the taxi to make sure that they understand where you want to go to precisely and where you may want to alight.
We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Bangkok.

Stayed May 2011