If you're currently thinking of whether to book this hotel, let me help you decide.
1. Location - The location is very convenient. It is but a few steps away from the National Stadium BTS station and MBK. The BTS station is so near the hotel that if you need to cross the road, you would actually be using the BTS overpass. Jim Thompson House, a popular tourist destination is also but a few steps away. There is also a 7-11 nearby for your late night ice cream craving. You can also walk to Siam Paragon if you can stand the heat but otherwise it's one train station away.
2. Room - The room size is adequate, it's design modern and is very clean.
I have a gorgeous view of the stadium.
You are also provided with two pillow types, use whatever you fancy. Personally, I would have preferred the firm ones to be a little firmer.
There's also an iPod / iPhone dock which seems to be a stable nowadays.
Another nice touch is that delivery menu is provided so you are not restricted to ordering room service if you find yourself lazy and hungry.
The toilet is simple, clean and I love the design. You actually have to open the shower door and use it to close the toilet. The Shampoo / body wash comes in a dispenser so it's better if you bring your own. Other amenities like toothbrush and razor, you have to specifically ask for. Their towels are large, fluffy and smells real nice.
Some other notes on the room:
There are plenty of universal sockets and as it is universal, there's no need to bring your adapters.
Wardrobe is spacious and a safe is also provided.
There are no bathrobes but there are slippers.
Coffee making facility is available.
A empty mini-ref is also available. You'd be glad to know there are no mini-bar beverages and snacks.
3. Hotel Facilities
The lobby is small but serves its purpose. There are also two computers which you can use to surf or check your emails.
There's a garden right outside if you just want to stay out, sit and relax.
I was surprised but glad to see that they have a laundry area.
They also have vending machines and goodies are priced per normal.
There's no pool and I didn't check if there's a gym. I checked the hotel guide provided in the room and there's no mention of it. The good thing is you can use the stadium opposite to do a little bit of running which I did.
4. Wifi is free! Most importantly, it is very strong and stable.
5. Breakfast is served at the great room. One part is quite elegant which could pass off as a fine dining restaurant, the other part looks like your classy cafeteria which I prefer more.
There were only a few items, just enough to get you going. It's quite thoughtful that trays are provided as well. You get everything that you need at once instead of repeatedly going back to your table just because you can no longer carry that glass of juice.
If you're in a hurry, they actually have takeaway breakfast for you.
Overall, I'm impressed. Everything was well thought out and as they say, everything that you need, nothing that you don't.
Check out the photos here: http://bauerfan.blogspot.com/2012/04/holiday-inn-express-siam.html
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers, offering a relaxed affordable and hassle free stay every time. Located at National Stadium Sky Train Station, in the centre of Siam Business and Shopping District, we are steps away from most Bangkok's favorite dining and entertainment options and 45 minutes drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam is a convenient base for shopping and sightseeing, head to the Jim Thompson House and Bangkok Art and Culture Center to buy souvenirs and explore Thai culture.The hotel features 300 brand new rooms and all rooms are designed for everything you need for a great stay. Start the day right with our free Express Start Breakfast and stay connected with free Wi-Fi through-out the hotel. Experience our high quality bathroom, bedding and enjoy your favorite music with our iPod docking station to recharge after a long day.The hotel is minutes away from some of the city’s most exciting retail and dining attractions, including MBK, Siam Paragon and Central World, and located on the BTS sky train line, guests are a short ride away from Chatuchak Weekend Market where travellers can experience the best of Thailand’s street stall culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Travelocity.ca and Ctrip TA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.