“Perfect service and ultimate professional ”
Review of Crown Tailor

Crown Tailor
Ranked #19 of 577 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Crown Tailor pride ourselves in the quality and fit of our garments and can confidently say that once you have had clothes tailored at Crown, you will never go off the rack again! We guarantee that our fit, quality & service is second to none! Let us prove it to you!Established in the late eighties, Crown Tailor has over 25 years of professional tailoring experience.
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Awesome service from Lop and Mana. Went to Bangkok Thailand for a quick business trip and made 5 shirts and 3 pants. Recurring customer at Crown tailor. Had quick measurements and had to run off. Had someone collect for me at the end of week and brought back to Singapore for me. Realized I needed minor adjustments to be made. Emailed the guys at Crown, they were happy to amend till satisfied. Mate of mine visiting Bangkok dropped off my shirts back to Crown tailor for amendments. They finished the amendment work and expressUPS delivery to me back to Singapore. Perfect service, can't commend further. Will be back definitely. If we are talking about decent honest humble tailor with clear transparent pricing, service and quality follow up , I must admit Crown is right at the top based on my last 10 years visiting Bangkok tailors .

1  Thank DominicP1058
Crown T, Manager at Crown Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Hi Dominic P – Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to hear of such kind words from you. Our team at Crown are ready to help until you are 100% satisfied, and we are happy you have enjoyed our customer service as well as our clothes. It would be a pleasure to suit you up again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)
All reviews
in 99 reviews
"clothes"
in 127 reviews

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I have used crown twice now and i thought i was impressed with them the first time, but the second time was even better. Not only did they have all of my prior choices, they remembered that i needed the last suit in a hurry(BTW they accommodated without question or complaint). can't wait to get my new suits!!

Crown T, Manager at Crown Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Hi johntapinis – Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was great meeting you and your friends again a few days ago in Staten Island. We are happy we were able to accommodate to your limited time frame on your previous order. Enjoy your new threads this time! We look forward to see you again next year.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

I have used Crown a few times and have been impressed each time. Great quality, easy to deal with and fast delivery. I highly recommend them for any of your suiting needs

1  Thank Dov S
Crown T, Manager at Crown Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Hi Dov S – Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure suiting you and your brother up again in New York. We appreciate your kind words and trust in our expertise. We look forward to see you again next year!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We ended up at Crown after comparing prices at Nickermann's and Tailor on Ten, all of which are within walking distance of Nana BTS. ToT was waay more expensive and Nickermann's was a few hundred baht more.

Service was good and we were patiently shown the materials (ranging from 0% to 100% wool), and were told that no one in Thailand carries cashmere. Really appreciated the honesty, as we'd bought a "wool/silk" suit in Phuket - one of our first tailoring forays - which had become shiny with use.

Prices quoted were as follows: 11,500 baht for a 2-piece suit (80-20 wool-polyester mix); 1,700 baht for a full cotton shirt. The suits in other materials cost 5,500 (100% poly) and 8,500 (50-50 wool-poly); full wool and imported cloths are also available. I'd say this is about mid-range for Bangkok tailors, and they seem to have in-house workers rather than a central farm/factory. They said the suits were half-canvassed, but I did a quick pinch test and it *seemed* to be a fused suit. Also, note that additional details were chargeable, such as visible stitching on lapels and choosing lining materials.

The fit was not great but pretty good (slim fit with some bunching at the armholes), as had to be expected from MTM. They were quite good with making alterations for a better fit (there were 2 fittings) but there were several errors, such as wrong buttons and attaching the wrong cuffs which they readily fixed. Service was always prompt and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be attended to.

On durability, we were told the 80% wool blend wouldn't become shiny, so we'll have to report back on that. Like others who've embraced the web, Crown keeps your measurements so you can order online, though they recommend at least one fitting. They also travel to Singapore to take orders, though you'll have to pay for shipping. Prices are pretty transparent and displayed on their website.

Overall a satisfactory experience.

1  Thank Scxintillate
Crown T, Manager at Crown Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Hi Scxintillate - Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We love long reviews, because it shows that you came with the intention to make a purchase and also did a lot of research prior to coming so we feel very humbled that we were your tailor of choice.

I’m also glad to hear that you enjoyed our price tiers compared to other choices you may have had in the market. I’m also very satisfied to hear that we are one of the very few stores in Bangkok/Thailand who have our own team of sewers, alterations and quality control, all in house! That is how we can guarantee the perfect fit and of course make sure that every suit is exactly the same as another. Our suits are indeed half canvassed and if you want to, we are more than happy to open up a suit to show you how our suits are manufactured. Actually, at the fitting stage, you should have already seen that as well as the jacket is opened up without sleeves for you.

What I’m a little bit disappointed about is your statement about how the fit is “not great, but pretty good" because we ask each and every client to make sure to do as many fittings as you want at our store. We do (as you discovered) in house alterations, so everything can be changed within minutes and hours, so I’m unhappy to hear that you did not make use of our services, as you were aware we had built a team for this. As a tailor, we are able to spot all the changes we want to make for you to better the suit, but only you as the end customer can decide what final changes you approve and disapprove of. We make sure to rectify all errors for you during the fitting sessions, as your satisfaction with the end product is what matters the most.

We look forward to hear back from you on email in case you have any other queries. Our email is info@crowntailor.com and we stand by each & every one of our products and will do whatever it takes to make sure each and every client is 100% satisfied.

We would love to make your 4 star, into a 5 star review for a future purchase and we look forward to hear from you!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2017

This is my third time shopping with Crown Tailor. They created a great experience as they keep all my measurements from prior fittings, so all I had to do was pick my fabrics. They shall have great sense of style and were helpful in selecting patterns and styles when I was unsure. I bought the CEO line (100% wool) and the quality of the fabric and craftsmanship of the completed suit is excellent, and fits perfectly. Highly recommend Crown Tailor.

Hi Michael V – Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was great meeting you in New York last week. We have always enjoyed our interactions with you. It has been a pleasure suiting you and your whole family up. We look forward to meet the last brother of the family and to deliver all of you, excellent custom clothing for years to come!